The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maselec MEA-2 EQ Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Maselec MEA-2 EQ

Any one have any issues with there Maselec MEA-2 EQ the faceplate frequencies and DB's just rubbing off ??
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucka Free View Post
Any one have any issues with there Maselec MEA-2 EQ the faceplate frequencies and DB's just rubbing off ??
I have the same problem on my MLA-3, almost no numbers left around the threshold knobs, it's almost blank, I'm counting clicks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Mine unit is new so until know, everything is rock and roll. But I have seen one unit on eBay with that kind of problem...it was an early version I don't remember which one ...terrible I must say. What version do you have?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

this has happened to me, although with an A Designs 500 series module. i had a friend help me out, drawing and recreating the faceplate as a vectorized file. cost me 60€ to have it milled and replaced, and it even looked better than the original one. the MEA2 faceplate might not be that easy to recreate i guess. theres LOTS of markings and numbers on that unit! you could also disassemble it and take the faceplate to a professional painter/varnisher, and have him put clear protection coating on it. that might stop the aging process on your unit.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
That can happen to the earlier gray units that were silkscreened. The newer laser engraved black ones don’t.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gold View Post
That can happen to the earlier gray units that were silkscreened. The newer laser engraved black ones don’t.
great! that means one could buy a new one from Maselec.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search