The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Cranesong Stc 8 vs Dangerous Music Compressor Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Cranesong Stc 8 vs Dangerous Music Compressor

In market for Transparent compressor before my Manley Variable Mu. Both compressors are considered to be Transparent. So whats the difference?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Anyone please.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have a Dangerous Comp and Vari Mu. The Dangerous isn't bad but if it disappeared tomorrow I'm not 100% sure I'd replace it.

I actually just ordered a pair of Dave Hill Titans for when the Vari Mu is too slow and colored, but the Dangerous is too clean.

That's all I know. I haven't ever used the STC. I'm hoping the Titans arrive next month but Crane Song is very backed up now.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I have the STC8 for sale because is too much transparent. ;-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

DM21 is very trasparent and rools off bass a bit with a light sheen on top. STC8 is also very transparent but much more flexible coz has diffent selectable vibes of choice, but doesn't have internal SCF so you will need an external device to reduce pumping
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria View Post
DM21 is very trasparent and rools off bass a bit with a light sheen on top. STC8 is also very transparent but much more flexible coz has diffent selectable vibes of choice, but doesn't have internal SCF so you will need an external device to reduce pumping
Very helpful. Do you have any idea of 2 Titans Vs Cranesong Stc?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I have the STC8- it has very little colour, even the coloured setting (Ki) is fairly transparent.

It does its job very, very well though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A pair of Trakkers > Manley VariMu here. I found that i like trakkers in Opto Air C mode most of the time and rarely use it in different mode really. I like them mostly on rock and electronic when it benefits from locking the groove (gently pump with the beat). It's not really snappy kind of compressor, more of a gentle but powerful one. They are in bypass at least 65% of the time though. It's because the boxtone they have, while quite transparent is not that beneficial many times.

I don't like to compress more than ~1dB in mastering, it's mostly far less than that. Maybe someone who likes more compression would feel differently about them.

API 2500 ?
Foote ?
Vertigo ?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
I have a Dangerous Comp and Vari Mu. The Dangerous isn't bad but if it disappeared tomorrow I'm not 100% sure I'd replace it.

I actually just ordered a pair of Dave Hill Titans for when the Vari Mu is too slow and colored, but the Dangerous is too clean.

That's all I know. I haven't ever used the STC. I'm hoping the Titans arrive next month but Crane Song is very backed up now.
Hi. How do Titans reacts to the lows. Is there any low cut fiter on the sidechain of titans? There is even no external sidechain connector on the back.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
Hi. How do Titans reacts to the lows. Is there any low cut fiter on the sidechain of titans? There is even no external sidechain connector on the back.
I will know more when they arrive next month or early 2019.

Crane Song is fairly backed up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Out of the two I much prefer the Cranesong STC-8. It's clean but it inparts a little character that is very nice.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Zaccaria View Post
STC8 is also very transparent but much more flexible coz has diffent selectable vibes of choice, but doesn't have internal SCF so you will need an external device to reduce pumping
not really: almost regardless of settings, one hardly ever experiences any 'pumping'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBarbarulo View Post
I have the STC8 for sale because is too much transparent. ;-)
how much?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

quite much.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search