The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best AD converter +24 dbu and more ...!? Digital Converters
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Best AD converter +24 dbu and more ...!?

My SSL AWS 948 output headroom is +27 dbu .
I search for mastering AD for best print analoge sound .
Mytek
Lavry
Antelope
Dangerous
Lynx hillo
Lynx aurora 16 VT
And ... .
Please help me , which AD conveter has more than +24 dbu analoge input ?!
And if you say no , maximum number is +24 , ok , which model and brand is your suggestion?! And why ?!
Old 3 weeks ago
Why do you want to be that close to peak level ?
An SSL pushed that much doesn't really shine.

If you still want to try, you could just a static 6dB drop by soldering a couple of resistor in the xlr and then push the headroom of you converter up to +30dBu.
But you'll be way past the sweetspot (4000 user here)
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxnscratch View Post
Why do you want to be that close to peak level ?
An SSL pushed that much doesn't really shine.

If you still want to try, you could just a static 6dB drop by soldering a couple of resistor in the xlr and then push the headroom of you converter up to +30dBu.
But you'll be way past the sweetspot (4000 user here)
I need to analog to digital converter with +24 or more not for out put . in your 6db static , it's impossible to out put .

SSL main out : +27dbu headroom ==> Analog input +24 or more dbu ==> convert to digital +24 or more to 0 dbfs ==> print sound .

AD converter can be more than +24 with some internal limiter and their trick .

Some new DA converter has +26 dbu output Pure 2 Mastering AD/DA Converter & Clock | Antelope Audio
Antelope audio pure to :
Analog Outputs
1 x Stereo pair of Balanced XLR Outputs from D/A Converter (Main Output) is factory calibrated to 20dBu and user adjustable from 8dBu to 26dBu

If it's impossible to DA , we can found in AD .
I test it in my SSL console , when I summing or mixing , I hear SSL main saturate sound in +24 dbu . when I work in +22 dbu it's like or near to Digital sound .
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The new HEDD Quantum can take up to +26dBu for 0dBFS (you can calibrate with trimmers).

If you want the saturated bus thing you could also just build a passive attenuator to go between the bus output and AD input (or use any other stereo gear with output attenuation).
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

DAD AX32/Avid MTRX is 30dBu max input.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
The new HEDD Quantum can take up to +26dBu for 0dBFS (you can calibrate with trimmers).

If you want the saturated bus thing you could also just build a passive attenuator to go between the bus output and AD input (or use any other stereo gear with output attenuation).
HEDD Quantum is ok for +26 dbu . but after that I need to other hardware for input AES to my computer .

and

passive attenuator is possible but when I can't found any AD converter with higher than +24 .
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
DAD AX32/Avid MTRX is 30dBu max input.
it's ok too but MTRX model is good for multitrack mixing . I need to just 2 track in out and converter . DAD AX 32 + 2 AD/DA Module is over 6000 $

AD/DA converter > +24 dbu .
2 Channel analog I/O
2 digital to computer ( thunderbolt - usb )
support MAC OSX mojave
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
years ago, i was looking for a converter which could take very hot levels (above +24dbu) too...

i did use a tc dbmax (which can be scaled in the analog domain and can take at least +27dbu before clipping if i remember right; i'm using it on a digital insert these days) but mainly opt for an attenuator (with other converters/gear that i'm using).

i'm still amazed though how many 'pro' studios have gear connected without proper level matching...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
years ago, i was looking for a converter which could take very hot levels (above +24dbu) too...

i did use a tc dbmax (which can be scaled in the analog domain and can take at least +27dbu before clipping if i remember right; i'm using it on a digital insert these days) but mainly opt for an attenuator (with other converters/gear that i'm using).

i'm still amazed though how many 'pro' studios have gear connected without proper level matching...
I search about tc . Number in headroom is ok but other specifications like SR , THD
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Home: DirectOut

Andiamo2

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabo View Post

Andiamo2

None of those appear to do more than +24dBU.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabo View Post

Andiamo2

Anyone has a review about this brand ?!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

i have an andiamo.

i think it has really good clean dacs. more informative/detaild than hifi. different programs dont sound the same. low end transisents and depth is there if its part of the source.

i have only breifly tried the adc´s but didnt think it could compare with the hedd192 so i dont use them...
i need to do more testings some day with different SR.

i use my andiamo for monitor and the hedd for analogue loops.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search