The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What’s your favorite audio editor for mastering? DAW Software
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What’s your favorite audio editor for mastering?

Hi,

Out of curiosity,
What’s your favorite audio editor for mastering? Sometimes I use Cubase so I can implement all my hardware but I prefer Wavelab.
Old 2 weeks ago
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothTone View Post
Thanks missed that.
I use Cubase for production and Wavelab for mastering
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Wavelab 9.5.35 here. Works GREAT and I have been with WL since version 1.6 which I got in 1996. I personally think it is the BEST mastering DAW today.

FWIW
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Wavelab 9.5.35 here. Works GREAT and I have been with WL since version 1.6 which I got in 1996. I personally think it is the BEST mastering DAW today.

FWIW
Hi,

I am trying to connect my external gear in Wavelab Pro 9.5. I followed all steps below but can only use one instance of the External Gear plugin in the audio chain?!?

I have lots of in and outputs configured/connected to different gear (file/preferences/audio connections/ASIO plugins):
Universal Audio Thunderbolt
Device output to gear LINE 5/6, 7/8 etc
When I load the External Effect plugin I only hear the first connection I made in this configuration screen...

In Cubase it is possible to use all gear in different plugins as “External Effect”. Am I doing something wrong here or is it true you can only use 1 piece of gear in Wavelab? :(

Select File > Preferences > VST Audio Connections.
Set the Audio Device to ASIO.
Select the ASIO Plug-instab.
Select the channels to be used for device output (to gear) and device input (from gear), and click OK.
In the Effects pane of the Master Section window, select the External Gearplug-in from the ASIOsubmenu.
The External Gear plug-in window opens.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I haven't found one definitive mastering app, especially for those like myself who want to stay on MacOS.

For me it's REAPER for the initial audio processing via plugins and analog gear because of REAPER's ridiculously amazing routing flexibility, customizability, stability, efficiency, scriptability, and overall performance.

I have iZotope RX set as REAPER's primary external audio editor for spot fixing any noises, clicks, pops, and other spectral editing. They integrate well together.

Then I finalize the projects in WaveLab adding any final touches to songs, as well as the final limiting, track sequencing, CD-Text/Metadata, and rendering all the final master formats.

I use Saracon for sample rate conversion purposes.

I use HOFA DDP Player Maker to send off DDPs to clients for approval though WaveLab is what renders the DDP itself.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
Hi,
In Cubase it is possible to use all gear in different plugins as “External Effect”. Am I doing something wrong here or is it true you can only use 1 piece of gear in Wavelab? :(
Not neccesarily one piece of gear, but indeed one _chain_. The solution is to point this to a switching matrix. There have been requests for the ability to have several instances of the external gear plugin for quite some time, we'll see if PG implements it in WL10.

You can pop over to the WL forum and join the discussion. PG is there, and is very responsive.

r,
j,
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
I use HOFA DDP Player Maker to send off DDPs to clients for approval though WaveLab is what renders the DDP itself.
I'm sure you already knows this, but it might be informative to others here... WaveLab Pro 9.5 includes a license free DDP Player for clients.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogun View Post
I'm sure you already knows this, but it might be informative to others here... WaveLab Pro 9.5 includes a license free DDP Player for clients.
Yes. It was introduced with version 9.5 but it's not nearly as fully featured as HOFA. Sure it's free so it's better than nothing but for one thing, it doesn't burn a CD.

It also doesn't export WAV files if I remember correctly and there isn't a clear way to deliver the player to clients.

Steinberg could have made it so much better or just partnered/licensed with HOFA who is also a German company.

So while I suppose the Steinberg solution is better than nothing for those who need to do this a few times per year, for those delivering DDPs daily will probably prefer the HOFA (or Sonoris) solution.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
:~}> here we go again...

soundBlade HD, which has amazing (literally) editing abilities.

and Pro Tools HD, which is a swiss army knife of sorts.

both on vintage Mac Pro Towers.

Best, JT
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
Yes. It was introduced with version 9.5 but it's not nearly as fully featured as HOFA. Sure it's free so it's better than nothing but for one thing, it doesn't burn a CD.

It also doesn't export WAV files if I remember correctly and there isn't a clear way to deliver the player to clients.

Steinberg could have made it so much better or just partnered/licensed with HOFA who is also a German company.

So while I suppose the Steinberg solution is better than nothing for those who need to do this a few times per year, for those delivering DDPs daily will probably prefer the HOFA (or Sonoris) solution.
All true and valid AFAIK.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search