The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Master Playback
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Audio Master Playback

I am having some strange play back issues and wondered if anyone might have an idea of what it could be.

I am rendering WAVs from Triumph, with track markers all snapped to grid, when listening back i noticed there was still a split second gap between songs (which there shouldn't be). I then restarted my Macbook Pro and the issue went, all songs played smoothly as they should, however today the issue is back again.

I have tested the playback with Sonoris DDP Creator, VLC Player and iTunes and all doing the same, i even did a test with the track markers in Triumph overlapping and still a split second gap on all players.

I'm assuming this is something to do with the Mac itself as yesterday after restarting the Mac it worked, but now back to problems.

Has anyone else else ever had this issue? Also what is peoples go to way to play back masters?

Matt
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I typically verify rendered masters in HOFA DDP Player Maker before I make the DDP w/player to send off to clients. Even if they aren't pressing CDs, I've found DDP to be a really foolproof method for approving masters down to all the small details like this. Once they approve that I can render all the master files for them.

I can also make a new WaveLab montage and butt the rendered WAVs up back to back to make sure there are no clicks or weirdness when played back to back.

This is one thing I hated about Triumph in that it's too easy for the track end/start markers to get weird. WaveLab has the dedicated CD Track Splice Marker that simplifies this. Triumph has a way to "Justify" the markers but it's still a mess and too easy to create an unintentional issue.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this is plugin related. What I've been doing for a few years now (in WaveLab) is rendering the entire project in one long pass and then telling WaveLab to recreate the project (with markers, data etc) using the newly rendered file. Then I finalize from there.

This helps alleviate glitches between tracks when heavy CPU plugins are involved because when you render WAVs track by track when heavy CPU plugins are involved, the first few milliseconds can sometimes be incorrect. Just an idea.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

As always, thank you Justin for the help!

The issue isn't plug in related, i tried as you mentioned, rendering the full album, reimporting then rendering with track markers and no plug ins, same again.

Even when listening back in Sonoris DDP Creator, it is the same, must be some kind of glitch with Triumph i assume.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pumpkin View Post
As always, thank you Justin for the help!

The issue isn't plug in related, i tried as you mentioned, rendering the full album, reimporting then rendering with track markers and no plug ins, same again.

Even when listening back in Sonoris DDP Creator, it is the same, must be some kind of glitch with Triumph i assume.
No problem. Without the Triumph project in front of me it'd be hard to say anything else but definitely my combo of checking masters is HOFA DDP Player Maker before making the player, and in a new WaveLab test montage works well for me.

Consumer and even some prosumer media players can have settings that will induce playback errors if you are not careful.

My guess would be something with Triumph or a misunderstanding of the Triumph marker system which as mentioned, I could not get my head around when I tried using Triumph for a few weeks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Have you tried using Sonoris DDP Creator for the, you know, DDP creating and track marking, rather than just for playback, and rather than Triumph?
It could also simply be a track/index mark quantize to CD frame issue.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search