The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Building a new computer! Electric Guitar Amplification
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
The only advice I can give is to make sure your hardware supports Win 7 (you probably already have). I don't really know Windows architecture though, so I can't really say.

I'm a manuals person. I get a lot of enjoyment out of reading them, and I found the ones that came with all my hardware very helpful. Your chassis/case fans should just plug into your PSU. Check to see if cables that came with your PSU will connect to the chassis fans.

My chassis fans make a tiny bit of noise, but once they're under the desk, I can't here them. Still, I think I'll upgrade them or change the case soon for the assurance.
No, Kabey Lake is not compatible with Win 7.

I need to do some trickey things here and there.

There's some tutorial but I dont have time to do it now.

I think my chassis fan from the back were plugged on the motherboard...I dont know why I did that.

I might correct that tomorrow....or not. I still want to change them anyways.

To be continued.....
Old 29th May 2018
Gear Addict

Buy cheap Amd Firepro W4100. 4x 4k Displayport, rock solid drivers and low consumption. I have W7100 and didnt have single crash in After Effects (that app is unstable with gaming cards).
Old 29th May 2018
Lives for gear

Ironically, the only thing giving me issues at the this point is the audio. Whatever port I plug speakers into (usb, headphones 1/8th jack, etc.), I get low-volume crackling. I don't really get it .... Tried swapping out the cables for the speakers and that wasn't the issue. I hope it's not a motherboard issue. Pretty annoyed though.
Old 29th May 2018
Quote:
Ironically, the only thing giving me issues at the this point is the audio. Whatever port I plug speakers into (usb, headphones 1/8th jack, etc.), I get low-volume crackling. I don't really get it .... Tried swapping out the cables for the speakers and that wasn't the issue. I hope it's not a motherboard issue. Pretty annoyed though.
Hummm...that sound like a driver issue to me.
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Hummm...that sound like a driver issue to me.
I've made sure that the audio driver for the motherboard is correct and up to date. Don't really know what else to try at the moment.

Another thing is that I did not buy a sound card. I don't know if it's necessary or causing the problem. I'd imagine the onboard sound would be fine.
Old 30th May 2018
Quote:
I've made sure that the audio driver for the motherboard is correct and up to date. Don't really know what else to try at the moment.
Maybe try a legacy driver or the beta driver.

You could also try to play with the sample rate in your windows settings
Old 30th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
Maybe try a legacy driver or the beta driver.

You could also try to play with the sample rate in your windows settings
Going to try a legacy driver now. I played with sample rates to no avail earlier.

Thanks for the tips.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search