The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
L3-LL / L3: Ultramaximizer vs Multimaximizer. Both multiband ? Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

L3-LL / L3: Ultramaximizer vs Multimaximizer. Both multiband ?

L3-LL / L3: Ultramaximizer vs Multimaximizer.
I read both some say they are both multiband but only multi allows user control over different bands, but ultra is also multiband but it doesn't allow user custom control over different bands.
And than some say only multi is multiband and ultra is broadband.
So which is true ?
Old 18th March 2018
RTFM! (Waves write great manuals!)
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
RTFM! (Waves write great manuals!)
I did. Mostly they refer to Ultramaximizer as broadband and Multimaximizer as 5-band.
Except this phrase:
“The L3 Ultramaximizer maintains the general control surface of its predecessors the L1 and L2. It also adds a Profile selector to select different internal settings of the multiband engine”

I don’t know if it’s a mistake in the manual,. Since it’s only this time once hinted that ultramaximizer is multiband.
Old 18th March 2018
The Weiss MM1 is my new Maximzer. With the different types of character from neutral, puncy, etc. one particular option will be the best choice for a particular song. It also has a nice smooth sound.
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason rocks View Post
The Weiss MM1 is my new Maximzer. With the different types of character from neutral, puncy, etc. one particular option will be the best choice for a particular song. It also has a nice smooth sound.
I try different limiters from time to time and keep coming back to waves L3.
Old 18th March 2018
Page 4:

Quote:
The full L3 is comprised of two plug-ins that offer different interfaces to control the same essential algorithm.
https://www.waves.com/1lib/pdf/plugi...zer.pdf#page=4
Old 18th March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabienTDR View Post
Yes I read that user manual and the manual from L3-LL. If I would have found my answer there I wouldn’t be posting this question here.

Like I said:
Mostly in the manual they refer to Ultramaximizer as broadband and Multimaximizer as 5-band.
Except this phrase in the middle of page 4 in the manual:

“The L3 Ultramaximizer maintains the general control surface of its predecessors the L1 and L2. It also adds a Profile selector to select different internal settings of the multiband engine”

I don’t know if it’s a mistake in the manual,. Since it’s only this time once hinted that ultramaximizer is multiband.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search