The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Goodhertz CanOpener Studio v3
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I find that in order to control and hear the low end I have to up the bass in CO3 after SW4 considerably (+4). This is because I mix and master on headphones and work with EDM. I don't have access to monitors and a sub, especially in a treated room so this is my solution for now. It does work but is not preferable.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

hmmm ... got my first Trial End warning in the next few days ...

wonder what the release schedule is going to be ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilalin View Post
I find that in order to control and hear the low end I have to up the bass in CO3 after SW4 considerably (+4). This is because I mix and master on headphones and work with EDM. I don't have access to monitors and a sub, especially in a treated room so this is my solution for now. It does work but is not preferable.
I too mix with cans and have found Bassroom an invaluable tool to deal with bass.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Anyone using the dt 880 pro 250 ohm could recommend good settings? it sounds really good and cohesive with 150 crossfeed (most realistic settings with 55 or 60 angle) but the stereo image practically disappear. It would be nice if at these settings the stereo image doesn't narrow that much.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
hmmm ... got my first Trial End warning in the next few days ...

wonder what the release schedule is going to be ...
We just finished work on the new HQ Mode. It's sounding really good!

We also ended up rolling some graphics updates for all our plugins into this update, so it might take a little longer.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
We just finished work on the new HQ Mode. It's sounding really good!

We also ended up rolling some graphics updates for all our plugins into this update, so it might take a little longer.
Is there a plan for beta-testers when Trial time ends ?

Of course, HQ mode has peaked additional interest
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Is there a plan for beta-testers when Trial time ends ?

Of course, HQ mode has peaked additional interest
We can do trial resets for any beta testers who don't own CanOpener.

Hope you like the HQ Mode! It has much higher resolution EQ and a new hybrid phase topology that is very cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looking forward to the update. CanOpener is a must for me when working with headphones.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We can do trial resets for any beta testers who don't own CanOpener.

Hope you like the HQ Mode! It has much higher resolution EQ and a new hybrid phase topology that is very cool.
Will this change the tone when the eq is not in use as well?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Will this change the tone when the eq is not in use as well?
Essentially, no. The HQ Mode will mainly affect the EQ and loudness compensation. However, there is a slight improvement in overall digital fidelity with HQ Mode "ON." Basically, if you have the CPU cycles to spare we'd recommend turning it on.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Essentially, no. The HQ Mode will mainly affect the EQ and loudness compensation. However, there is a slight improvement in overall digital fidelity with HQ Mode "ON." Basically, if you have the CPU cycles to spare we'd recommend turning it on.
Sick. Looking forward to it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I'm just demoing this. I'm liking it on the whole, just a little unsure about the bass boost and am currently trying to re-balance this with the EQ.
Overall though it is working really well for me.

Will the update be free to current users or is it best to wait to purchase after the update?

Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnut View Post
I'm just demoing this. I'm liking it on the whole, just a little unsure about the bass boost and am currently trying to re-balance this with the EQ.
Overall though it is working really well for me.

Will the update be free to current users or is it best to wait to purchase after the update?

Thanks
Yes! The update will be free for all current owners. Also, if you'd like to test out the current beta, just send us an email.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I would like to try using can opener 3 on streaming music on a windows pc. It
sounds like can opener will only run as vst inside a daw. I have sonar works that runs without a daw. I use an rme multiface with total mix and my daw is ableton live.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
@ audiofunken : OSX user here, but I got a licence for that to use CO outside of a DAW. Works like a charm. There might be some Windows equivalent ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofunken View Post
I would like to try using can opener 3 on streaming music on a windows pc. It
sounds like can opener will only run as vst inside a daw. I have sonar works that runs without a daw. I use an rme multiface with total mix and my daw is ableton live.
I use DDMF's Virtual Audio Stream software. I use the 64bit version in both Windows 10 and Win7. It's a bit picky when scanning for plugins, but after enough tries it loads them (VST2 & VST3).

They provide a DDMF driver (easy-enough to switch to in Windows). I'm currently using it with Youlean>Sonarworks>CanOpener (latest beta). It works for me though it may rarely flake out. Still, for the most part, I enjoy it for streaming, listening to CDs, etc.

BTW, for me, the new version of CanOpener is great!

Good luck!
Steve
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

still waiting on the HQ version !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Me too
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamejake View Post
I use DDMF's Virtual Audio Stream software. I use the 64bit version in both Windows 10 and Win7. It's a bit picky when scanning for plugins, but after enough tries it loads them (VST2 & VST3).

They provide a DDMF driver (easy-enough to switch to in Windows). I'm currently using it with Youlean>Sonarworks>CanOpener (latest beta). It works for me though it may rarely flake out. Still, for the most part, I enjoy it for streaming, listening to CDs, etc.

BTW, for me, the new version of CanOpener is great!

Good luck!
Steve
Thanks-I'm on Windows 10 so I loaded this up this morning and it seems to work really well.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
still waiting on the HQ version !
We're hoping to send out the next beta Wednesday or Thurs this week.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

i am demoing canopener right now and so far like it.

will the new version be free for old owners or should i wait for the new version to arrive?
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
One reason to try using 45º is that you can create the feeling of a narrower image while using less crossfeed. So 100%/45º is often a nice pairing, while with 150%, I'd usually use 60º. Hope that helps!
thank you for the tip. i really like what i hear woth canopener.
another last question (for now

i am using the hd600 and sonarworks. do you do the bass -1 db, too?
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
thank you for the tip. i really like what i hear woth canopener.
another last question (for now

i am using the hd600 and sonarworks. do you do the bass -1 db, too?
No need for the -1 dB bass in the new version — it'll sound great with HD600's with just the default setting now.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
i am demoing canopener right now and so far like it.

will the new version be free for old owners or should i wait for the new version to arrive?
Stated above:

Quote:
Yes! The update will be free for all current owners. Also, if you'd like to test out the current beta, just send us an email.
About to purchase myself...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

ah, very nice. cheers.
such a cool tool!
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

i found a bug i think.
at least in cubase 10 when i have iton the master and have different setting for A and B only the active setting during saving the session will be saved.
when reloading both A and B will then have have the same setting.
i am still in demo modus, still like it very much.

ps.
found out that even closing the plugin window and reopening does reset the B setting.
is this supposed to be a feature? i would prefer setting which dont reset...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search