The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ozone EQ bell filters Mas­ter­ing Plugins
Old 19th February 2018
Here for the gear

Ozone EQ bell filters

Hi everyone,
I was trying to figure out the difference between Proportional and Peak bell filters of the EQ module within Ozone 7.
The Peak bell should be a constant Q, while the other a proportional one (and both symmetrical). Looking at the shape of the bells, however, this difference can't be noticed. So I filtered a pink noise inspecting the result with SPAN (the results in the attached images).
As you can see from the images, while the behaviour of the Proportional Bell is the expected one, the Peak Bell doesn't resemble a constant Q bell.
Anyone has further information?
Thanks a lot,

Daniele
Attached Thumbnails
Ozone EQ bell filters-differentq-01.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-differentq-02.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-differentq-03.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-differentq-04.png  
Old 20th February 2018
Lives for gear

It looks as expected here:
Attached Thumbnails
Ozone EQ bell filters-cons-1db.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-cons-15db.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-prop-1db.png   Ozone EQ bell filters-prop-15db.png  
Old 26th February 2018
Here for the gear

Very helpful thanks!
It would be nice to replicate the results but a mac version for VST analyzer doesn't exist.
But with white/pink noise the behavior should be the same right?
Old 26th February 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvales82 View Post
It would be nice to replicate the results but a mac version for VST analyzer doesn't exist.
It does now: DDMF Plugindoctor
Old 27th February 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
It does now: DDMF Plugindoctor
This is the right tool for me, thanks!
I proceeded analyzing the Ozone 7 Equalizer with it, but the results still don't convince me (attached image)...
Any hint?
Thanks a lot,

Daniele
Attached Thumbnails
Ozone EQ bell filters-ozonebells.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OzoneBells.pdf (241.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 27th February 2018
Lives for gear

looks fine to me. the bandwidth of the proportional Q peak filter depends on the gain that is applied. the more gain is applied, the smaller the bandwidth is...as shown in the figures.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search