The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sontec - resistor switches Channel Strips
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Sontec - resistor switches

This might be better in the geekslutz dept. but I figured us mastering guys would have more experience with a Sontec.

I know a number of people have taken MEP-Sontec, and wired up switches for them.. and almost everyone who owns a 430b has had to repair the Shelco's at one time or another. . .

Does anyone have the list of resistor values for the gain (+/-0.5dB) / bandwidth / freq?

Chris Muth made a one-time-buy of SMD switches for the Sontecs a handful of years ago. (Dave McNair got one) and they sound BEAUTIFUL! You can hear the difference from his old sontec, and the new switches in the big EQ shoot-out thread.

I've found a way to build Elma Switches that would fit in the 230 2u series. (dual concentric) .. but I need to know the values to populate.

(I have Nates old 430b in a 2u MEP case ... I'm looking to upgrade it to all stepped switches) and it's been a BEAR finding good switches in a dual-concentric foot-print.

Anyone have this info? Thanks so much!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hi Loji,

Are the freq pots reverse log?

Volume and shape should be linear.

Quickly measure with freq pots fully open (to the right) and let us know.
Had a quick look for a schematic I couldn't see it.

Best
Peter
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Harpo has been a fantastic help over the years with those xls files.

There is a log pot to switch converter xls by volker somewhere on the forum.

If you can't find it I have it here.

Have a look @ the porter switch for making the center tap. Works the same principle with center been 0V.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search