The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plugin that simulates radio station processing
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Plugin that simulates radio station processing

Like when you switch through channels on a old fm radio kind of? that cut in and out of audio? preferable for mac if possible
Edit: in other words, radio tuning through channels

View most liked answer
Old 1 week ago
Not to my knowledge, but sounds like a fun effort!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Take a look at Audio Ease Speakerphone.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
That's heterodyning I think, plus noise. Try FMing a couple of sine waves together at ultra high frequencies, add filtered noise to taste. Or just buy a cheap little portable radio and record the sound of scanning the frequencies, that's what I did. How are you going to use that in mastering?

If you want actual radio processing style tones, check out the free Stereotool plugin: Stereo Tool
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermetech Mastering View Post
If you want actual radio processing style tones, check out the free Stereotool plugin: Stereo Tool
Big thumbs up for Stereotool. It's amazingly good at de-clipping and azimuth correction as well.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
fm radio

used levellers, dynamic, multiband and peak limiters from tc, orban etc. in order not to overpower the transmitters; i attribute most of the 'sound' to these processors (i programmed quite a few for several stations)
Old 1 week ago
check the orban optimod and some jünger compressors
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
thumbs up for jünger: less of a 'sound', more neutral, very easy to handle, brilliant/unique algorithm design
Old 1 week ago
Motown legend

Verified Member
These days radio processing is often set up while riding in a car from controls on the processing system's web page. The rule of thumb is that no station wants their volume to be lower than their competition in a car. It's not about any particular piece of gear. Stereotool is a pretty good example of the types of processing found in Orban and Omnia processors.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search