The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ozone 8 Advanced vs EQuilibrium + Limitless? Mas­ter­ing Plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Ozone 8 Advanced vs EQuilibrium + Limitless?

Any input on:

Ozone 8 Advanced vs EQuilibrium + Limitless?

I currently use Ozone 7 Advanced and I like it. But I've trialed EQuilibrium and Limitless. I found them good, but I'm not sure whether they're something that I would need in addition to Ozone 7/8 Advanced, because I believe that I can get pretty much the same sound out of Ozone 7/8 Advanced.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel View Post
Any input on:

I currently use Ozone 7 Advanced and I like it. But I've trialed EQuilibrium and Limitless. I found them good, but I'm not sure whether they're something that I would need in addition to Ozone 7/8 Advanced, because I believe that I can get pretty much the same sound out of Ozone 7/8 Advanced.
you pretty much answered your own question, isn't it? I'm not mocking you, this is what counts. if to your ears, Ozone is fine and by comparisson, another tools won't do much more for you why in doubt? go with what works.
Old 2 weeks ago
the limiter has IMHO a quite different vibe, i often prefer limitless over ozone 8, but it depends a bit which kind of music and which results I'm looking for.
eq's i use many differents, but mainly because of the gui - all digital eq's sound more or less the same
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebaum View Post
all digital eq's sound more or less the same
Don't let JP hear you saying that!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
You are asking two separate questions really -

Ozone 8 Limiter vs Limitless - both very good, different and I go between them on a daily basis (and Ozone 7 which is different).

Equilibrium vs Ozone EQ (I've only used Ozone 7 EQ) - no contest, Equilibrium is significantly better.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebaum View Post
eq's i use many differents, but mainly because of the gui - all digital eq's sound more or less the same
and more or less all digital compressors sound the same, only the plugins emulated with spice or nebula sound different . plugins companies sell us the same codes with different ui since years, thanks placebo and Gs marketing hype :D

about the topic if you are fine with ozone you don't need dmg, you may add limitless for more versatility depending the tunes and the sound after.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Abstract View Post
plugins companies sell us the same codes with different ui since years
They maybe did 10 years ago. Not today. The main bottleneck is the "low cpu above everything" mind of thought. This whole classification, algo vs spice vs dynamic convolution, is somewhat naive and ill informed. I'm also talking about marketing hype
Old 1 week ago
Motown legend

Verified Member
If they were all the same, nobody would use anything but what comes with the DAWs.
Old 4 days ago
You may try SIR2 Standard Clip: absolutely brillant. Nice transparency
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search