The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
FabFilter Pro-L 2 announced for December 5th Dynamics Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

FabFilter Pro-L 2 announced for December 5th

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yup, can't wait to hear this!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
The new features look fantastic! I've skipped Pro-L in the past but this looks promising.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Looks interesting.

I will give it a listen on Tuesday.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

As a betatester I can say that it's really good!
The new modes are great and the new oversampling and things really do a great job.
It's my go to limiter and now even more with since the Pro-L2
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Interesting. There is some serious competition since V1.

Will compare against Limitless, TDL Limiter 6, and elevate.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Liked Matt Grey's comment on their fb page
Did they have to call it L2?
Old 1 week ago
I love FF as a brand, but between Ozone 8, Limitless and Elevate I feel pretty much covered..
I hope the new Pro-L2 will be a real competition for the above.
I'd personally love to see a dynamic Pro-Q2
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Last edited by audiomaster; 1 week ago at 12:56 PM..
Old 1 week ago
after 5 minutes I found a setting for a metal production that almost declassifies all my detailed settings on elephant, elevate and limitless!
sounds definitely more musical and relaxed in this case, stays crispy without developing unnatural harshness.
wow, I have to buy it for this genre alone.
I can't tell you what it looks like on other material.
I send an alternative version with the pro-l2 to my (long-time and friendly customer, who is really picky) and let's see what he thinks about it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebaum View Post
after 5 minutes I found a setting for a metal production that almost declassifies all my detailed settings on elephant, elevate and limitless!
sounds definitely more musical and relaxed in this case, stays crispy without developing unnatural harshness.
wow, I have to buy it for this genre alone.
I can't tell you what it looks like on other material.
I send an alternative version with the pro-l2 to my (long-time and friendly customer, who is really picky) and let's see what he thinks about it.
Cool, guess I'll have to give it a go.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I bought version 1 in 2015 and frankly, was not all that impressed.
Still prefer Ozone and Xenon.

However I am eager to test version II. There is an upgrade discount.

Never used limitless or Elevate.
Old 1 week ago
Messed around with it today. Choose it over my normal go to's in 6 of 12 tunes mastered. Seems like a buy (I did not buy Pro-L1)
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3030club View Post
Messed around with it today. Choose it over my normal go to's in 6 of 12 tunes mastered. Seems like a buy (I did not buy Pro-L1)
I'm also not a big fan of pro-l1, but pro-l2 seams to be a other league
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

I tried it on a couple of projects yesterday. Definitely sounds better than L1 which I stopped using when Limitless came onto the scene. On this occasion Limitless won but it was close. The GUI is a lot nicer and the new features make it a lot easier to dial in the right results. Kinda like Equilibrium vs Pro Q-2.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Keep in mind that Pro-L2 is a "traditional" limiter all the way through and through. There's no multiband stuff going on anywhere. This alone makes it more/less suitable on various material.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I tried it and purchased it. Sounds GREAT! I have already used it on two projects...
I would recommend it.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Keep in mind that Pro-L2 is a "traditional" limiter all the way through and through. There's no multiband stuff going on anywhere. This alone makes it more/less suitable on various material.
And means it often works nicely in conjunction with MB stuff
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
less conspicuous spectral shifts happen, which can be quite angular in multiband monsters.
it is amazing how transparent, transient and at the same time musical the pro-l2 can be compared to other limiters.
Old 6 days ago
7+1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
And means it often works nicely in conjunction with MB stuff
This right here made me smile. One of the main reasons I have a hard time getting along completely with Elevate.. and continued my love for the original PRO L.. Excited to take this for a test spin. IM sure its great.
Old 6 days ago
The new aggressive and modern modes are very nice! I like the metering also!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Same behaviour and sound on the old Pro L1 modes (Dynamic, Allaround, Transparent and Punchy) and the new modes are not better than the old ones...
Only things improved are the metering and the multichannel...
A bit disappointed.
Old 5 days ago
I found that the old modes sounded slightly different too, or at least Punchy did. Confirmed by a null test, although I did the test quite quickly so it's possible I made a mistake somewhere.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Tried it on a folk track yesterday and I was able to dial in great results very quickly. Sounded much better than Limitless. I think if the track requires bog standard, single band limiting then it's going to be hard to beat.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
The interface on Pro-L (original and 2) is simple and intuitive enough to belie the depth/breadth of quality results they’re capable of. I like both a lot, and find them very easy to work with.

Bought the update after one tryout; ‘Modern’ algo tweaked out to do a great job on the first thing I tried it on, and some of the new features make it well worth the upgrade in their own right.
Old 5 days ago
I always try to drive a new limiter to the limits to hear what he does for artifacts when you drive really hard.
it also falls that with the pro-l2 at about -6lufs it's as if it's the end of the story, there's hardly any more leveling out.
this is not the case with other products.
maybe it's a good approach to find "-6lufs is enough", it still amazed me.

Last edited by teebaum; 5 days ago at 04:13 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

You can definitely push it even further, but probably not with the modern style at sensible settings.

Having said that, set attack to absolute maximum, no look-a-head and release to shortest. Then switch to the Aggressive style and you have an almost 100% clipper (though not an ordinary clipper at that.. a rather smart one).

I think there is a preset called Clipping or something like that.. in the Loud preset category.
Old 5 days ago
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Upgraded but haven't tested yet (testing time is limited and taken up by the Junger-Flux at the moment)

Fab is one of my favourite together with Elephant.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Great update! The new Modern mode is really something special. Happy that they added a true peak/inter-sample limiting function and the increased oversampling options are nice to have. An easy buy for me.
Mentioned Products
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search