The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hofa DDP player problem Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hofa DDP player problem

Any clients of yours ever get this message when trying to launch the player in the Hofa CD player maker software? Have delivered hundreds and never seen this before.
Attached Thumbnails
Hofa DDP player problem-46733135-d043-46ac-9663-8ba9e158534d.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
No, I've never seen that one. Is it possible that they have a demo version of HOFA DDP Player installed on their computer? Maybe that could be confusing the software.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertone View Post
Any clients of yours ever get this message when trying to launch the player in the Hofa CD player maker software? Have delivered hundreds and never seen this before.
I bet you updated your Mac OS recently

see last paragraph

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/faq-en/i-...-can-i-use-it/

C.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I've had a few reports of this but very very few. I assume you're running the latest version of the DDP Player Maker app.

Usually it happens for Mac users when they use a weird 3rd party app to unzip the zip file instead of just using the native Finder unzip by double clicking on it.

Other times this happens when the client changes the file/folder structure around.

At one point a fix was to move the player itself back to the desktop and then back to where it originally was.

If that doesn't work, I'd write to HOFA with more details. I find they are usually very fast to respond.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I recently had the same problem only to find that I was not running the most recent version. I'm on a Mac running Sierra.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I have also had a bunch of .zip files fail. In the process of sending one to Hofa now.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Yes, usually Mac. I had a number of problems when clients updated their machines to Sierra, but that mostly went away with a Player Maker update.

I still get the occasional client non-play: these are sometimes solved when they have a PC they can use instead; the (small) remainder tend to be less computer savvy types, and I'll go back to individual or whole-project WAVs/mp3s for them.

But problems are fairly rare, and shouldn't detract from what a good way of working this is: clients generally love Player Maker, and the ability to burn CDs and/or output WAVs is a real plus - I wish the software could also do mp3s, but where that's needed I can always send Sonoris DDP Player OEM which does that, or run mp3s myself.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastervargas View Post
I bet you updated your Mac OS recently

see last paragraph

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/faq-en/i-...-can-i-use-it/

C.
Thank you very much.

Not recently, about a year ago but this is first time I’ve heard of this. I’ve delivered hundreds of DDP’s since then. I think the client is running Sierra, I’m not, so that may be the problem. I sent the link to him as well. Thank you.

I’ll also try updating the player maker but I thought I was running the latest version of that.

Thanks gang!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search