The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Wavelab 9.5 is out now with spectral editing and a lot of new features
Old 25th October 2017
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Wavelab 9.5 is out now with spectral editing and a lot of new features

See here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/product...DE-EN-FR-IT-ES

FWIW
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

Too bad about the newly introduced bypass bug... unusable for me
Old 25th October 2017
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by da goose View Post
Too bad about the newly introduced bypass bug... unusable for me

I am sure it will be fixed quickly.

FWIW
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I am sure it will be fixed quickly.

FWIW
I hope it will be... But I really don't get these kind of things. What about beta testing it? To me it feels like there is hardly any beta testing going on seeing all the problems that pop-up within less then one day after release.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear
what's this about a bypass bug? didn't see anything about it on the WL forum yesterday.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraggs View Post
what's this about a bypass bug? didn't see anything about it on the WL forum yesterday.
ok, open 2 files in audio files.. one that is already mastered (reference) and bypass the mastersection in the bottom (the star sign).
that works fine...
Now have another file open next to it which should be mastered with plugins in master section.
While playing back the mastered/bypassed file and go to the other file (so the mastered file looses focus), all of a sudden that file is also processed with the mastersection pluginns!
So, you get the already mastered file with all the master section processing on top. A big pile of distortion.

'Workaround' is to first stop the audio and then play back the other file. That works in theory, not in practice.. I went back to v9 because of that.
It's confirmed by PG BTW.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear
thanks. i just went to the WL forum and saw your post there. does this bug have any effect on the montage or is it just the audio files window? i do 99.99999% of everything in the montage, hardly ever use the audio file window.

will hopefully have time to d/l this today. the DDP player is a nice touch for us ME's!
Old 25th October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraggs View Post
the DDP player is a nice touch for us ME's!
I was intrigued to try this out but was disappointed. Its pretty basic and not really suitable for sending to clients. Its nowhere near as good as Hofa DDP Player Maker. If you're looking for a client solution then I would certainly recommend that.
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear
aw that's too bad. guess i'll go with the hofa.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search