The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Suggestions for Audio Meters? Metering & Analysis Plugins
Old 12th October 2017
Gear Head

Suggestions for Audio Meters?

I'm looking for an audio meter much like the DK Technologies MSD600M, a stand-alone unit with a tone generator, lissajous view, etc. that is lower in price than the DK. I don't have $6-7k to spend on it, and I'd rather not buy a straight oscilloscope.

I was looking at the TC Electronics Clarity M, however, I find that it doesn't do those things, nor does it work with 96kHz audio. Is this correct? Is there another meter out there to check out? I'm looking to run this off a SADIE mastering workstation, if compatible.

TIA

PS:

Last edited by Jeff Willens; 12th October 2017 at 04:49 PM..
Old 12th October 2017
Lives for gear

RTW TM9 with BLITS option is roughly $4k, and the TM7 is roughly $3k with the BLITS option preinstalled.
Old 12th October 2017
Gear Addict

Spectrafoo is $400
Ipad is $200
Dual Display App is $15

... does everything you're asking for and more... Not fully stand alone though. You will need a host. I mean a $300 mac mini could run it dedicated, and you'd still be about $2k less than an RTW option.
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear

I see a couple MSD600Ms for $2k on eBay.
Old 13th October 2017
Lives for gear

I don't know SADIE and its capabilities, but is a dedicated tft/lcd screen for metering software an option?
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Addict

Old 17th October 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Flint View Post
I don't know SADIE and its capabilities, but is a dedicated tft/lcd screen for metering software an option?
Not sure, but I should think so. I'll find out at AES NY tomorrow.

I may have to go the metering software route anyway due to budgetary constraints and the need for other expenses.
Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Off topic as hell, but Jeff if we manage to get this transfer/restoration/archive sub forum off the ground I'd love to hear a bit more about your wire/cylinder recording work!
Old 26th October 2017
Gear Head

Thanks Joe. Happy to help. That's probably the last under-served audio niche on this board.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search