The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eventide / Newfangled Audio Elevate Dynamics Plugins
Old 19th March 2018
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Thank you guys!

And fwiw, the problem with my current implementation isn't that it sounds bad, just that it uses a lot of CPU and doesn't always catch every peak (though quite close). I think it's a serviceable implementation if I have to go that route.

Dan
Old 19th March 2018
Lives for gear
I like the variety of sound I get. No engineer here, so presets are great! Honestly as a sound shaper, this is an amazing tool. I honestly was thinking of it more like FGX as a louder maker, not a better maker.....
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
Yes I also found that Elevate sounded better with fewer bands-I used the EDM Master preset that has 12 bands and that's when it started surpassing Limitless in my shootout.

Before that I was playing around with 26 bands and just tweaking all the sliders and the mix sounded a bit thin no matter what I did. Now when I put Limitless back on the mix still sounds a bit "richer" but also quite constrained whereas Elevate opens up the mix in a great way.

Will need to do some more testing but I have a feeling there's my new go-to limiter, maybe coupled with some tape-style emulation or even a dB or so of L1-style limiting afterwards for that "finished" sound that we've all become used to over the last decade or so. At least in pop and electronic styles...
This is my go to preset, and I write ballads....Go figure!
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Head
Any news on the update Dan?
Old 25th June 2018
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Reel View Post
Any news on the update Dan?
Should be out next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Eventide / Newfangled Audio Elevate-screen-shot-2018-06-25-1.46.46-pm.png  
Old 25th June 2018
Lives for gear
More presets please! Great tool!
Old 4th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
Should be out next week.
Thank you

But the graphic problem still persists here (q9550 with nVidia 730 Win10 64)

Upon loading Saturate, for instance, the plugs interface is blank (ie. black) and it takes a few seconds for it to draw itself.
Old 4th July 2018
Here for the gear

Very nice tool, but I tested, may be, all limiters and loudness maximizers from Steinberg Loudness Maximizer to Ozone and so on, but I can't get the fantastic, clear/clean punchy -5dB LUFS from David Guetta - Flames theme.

Any tips?

Thanks.
Old 5th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by janomix View Post
I can't get the fantastic, clear/clean punchy -5dB LUFS from David Guetta - Flames theme.
-5dB LUFS (!!) ...AND clean/clear/punchy ?...

Kinda oxymoron, ain't it ?...

EDIT:

I have managed to get -5.7dB LUFS quite easily. I guess "Clean/Clear" is in the ears of the beholder but it's DEFINITELY punchy. with a little effort I could have coaxed 0.7dB out of my chain.

Last edited by A Tan; 5th July 2018 at 12:29 PM..
Old 5th July 2018
Here for the gear

Hi A Tan, Yeah! I have the mp3 master track, if you wanna check the real levels.
Old 5th July 2018
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tan View Post
Thank you

But the graphic problem still persists here (q9550 with nVidia 730 Win10 64)

Upon loading Saturate, for instance, the plugs interface is blank (ie. black) and it takes a few seconds for it to draw itself.
When the plug-ins load they do a quick test to see if the system supports the correct version of OpenGL. I've seen this take maybe 300-400 mS, which is long enough to be annoying, but I haven't seen any longer than that. Is it really taking several seconds on your system?

You can disable this by turning off the OPENGL button in the settings window, btw.

Dan
Old 5th July 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
You can disable this by turning off the OPENGL button in the settings window, btw.

Dan
I tried.

Didn't work (updated to latest nVidia driver, BTW)
Old 10th July 2018
Gear Maniac
Very impressive plugin. Demoing it today for the first time.

A question to those familiar with the FabFilter plugs: Can similar results be achieved with a combination of Pro-MB and Pro-L2?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presocratic View Post
Very impressive plugin. Demoing it today for the first time.

A question to those familiar with the FabFilter plugs: Can similar results be achieved with a combination of Pro-MB and Pro-L2?
No, not at all. Very different beasts.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is there anyone using Elevate to master acoustic stuff? Jazz, Latin, acoustic ballads e.t.c.
Impressions - Opinions?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Since other limiters have been mentioned...

Nowadays, I use DMG Limitless for its more round and darker sound, and IK Multimedia Stealth for more crispy and clear sound (and at times Pro-L etc., if I want the specific sound. But Stealth is cleaner and clearer sounding). I would highly recommend to check out Stealth. Also surprisingly good, not just for its low price, is Hornet's limiter.

I have yet to try Elevate. This thread offers a lot of good information, thank you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arionas View Post
Is there anyone using Elevate to master acoustic stuff? Jazz, Latin, acoustic ballads e.t.c.
Impressions - Opinions?
Yes! I think it really adds something a lot of different options from more organic to polished. Try the presets for starters
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Yes! I think it really adds something a lot of different options from more organic to polished. Try the presets for starters
Thanks Ardis, I will try. The many options in Elevate and the many videos in YouTube targeting other genres had make me thoughtful about.
I guess I have to dedicate some hours to demo it, so I will decide if I will upgrade from Equiovocate or no. Time, time time...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Only started to demo it... Could it be that Elevate is more for sample based dance music etc.? I tried it on a folk tune with recorder (very hard to tame), recorded live with a Soundfield MkV, and the limiter artifacts were very noticeable. More so than with Stealth, for example.
Also, the GUI doesn't fit in my MacBook Pro screen. I didn't find a way to make it smaller. And it uses a lot of CPU with higher band count.

EDIT: Took a different recording (no recorder on this one...), much better results now!

Last edited by Rumi; 1 week ago at 01:20 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
I just tried elevate for the first time and wow. Litterally the default setting made my jaw drop. It just made everything pop and have that elusive depth and sweet separation I crave in a dense heavy rock mix. A couple of tweaks from there and it made the song simply roar with energy. This is the first time I havent had a mastering plugin leave me wanting and compromising to get power, punch and volume. Fantastic stuff, and because I own a Red 4pre i get a discount! Stoked!!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I'm on my second demo go around and it hasn't made it on a master yet.

I'm finding that when pushing for serious level on pop/hip hop that when I use adaptive it changes the mix too much but gets level and when I don't it breaks up sooner than my other options. I've tried everything from single band, through 4, 6, 10 and right up to the max.

The clipper didn't bring anything to the table over my usuals, and the transient didn't work for me either.

What am I missing, is there an approach that is making people happy?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruairi View Post
I'm on my second demo go around and it hasn't made it on a master yet.

I'm finding that when pushing for serious level on pop/hip hop that when I use adaptive it changes the mix too much but gets level and when I don't it breaks up sooner than my other options. I've tried everything from single band, through 4, 6, 10 and right up to the max.

The clipper didn't bring anything to the table over my usuals, and the transient didn't work for me either.

To me it brings a unique asthetic with it that none of my other option delivers. I use it on one of thirty masters maybe. 3D gets lost very quick, but it has a kind of sheen/presence that can work sometimes. I never engage Adaptive or the clipeer or many bands.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Thanks JP. It may just be a taste or context thing.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Thanks JP. It may just be a taste or context thing.
I still come back to the good old trusty Limitless mostly.

The transient function in Elevate can be useful with some very modern styles (or some rock stuff) were punch gets lost due to heavy processing. But its far away from neutral or natural sounding as every transient processing out there. The more organic and real the result should stay the less usefull this Limiter sounds to me.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:

Personally, keeping the adaptive speed as low as I can get away with is always best - it never ever goes above 10, and mostly ends up at 6 (why I don't know).

The adaptive gain (ie adaptive eq) does change the mix, but the "trick" (so to speak) is to use the eq controls to make it change the mix in a way that suits the material. You have to tell it how to change the mix. So, 'I don't mind losing a bit of 5k in this track', drop the 5k knob a bit. I think of the eq knobs as somewhere between a normal eq and a priority control.

It gets some use here, mainly in conjunction with something else when going for LOUD (talking -2 short term LUFS here... ).
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP__ View Post
The more organic and real the result should stay the less usefull this Limiter sounds to me.
That seems to resonate with my findings. Back to Limitless or Stealth, and Pro-L or one of the others at times.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
Only started to demo it... Could it be that Elevate is more for sample based dance music etc.? I tried it on a folk tune with recorder (very hard to tame), recorded live with a Soundfield MkV, and the limiter artifacts were very noticeable.
elevate can quickly sound harsh, have a lot ISP and can change the tonal balance and kill sometimes the integrity of a mix, but for hard dance stuff it's often the freshest limiter.
for folk i prefer limitless.

Last edited by teebaum; 1 day ago at 09:15 AM..
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

I am trying Elevate with a 9 year old iMac with Mac OSX 10.9.5 and Cubase AI8 (the latest). Was running Elevate on my output buss and then I discovered this problem: if I manually play notes on my Korg synth to trigger MIDI notes for toontrack Seventies Rock Drums operating within Superior Drummer 2, there is about a 1/4 second delay between me hitting the key, and actually hearing the drum sound. It doesn't seem like Elevate is having a big CPU drain by looking at the meters. Any solutions?
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron aardvark View Post
I am trying Elevate with a 9 year old iMac with Mac OSX 10.9.5 and Cubase AI8 (the latest). Was running Elevate on my output buss and then I discovered this problem: if I manually play notes on my Korg synth to trigger MIDI notes for toontrack Seventies Rock Drums operating within Superior Drummer 2, there is about a 1/4 second delay between me hitting the key, and actually hearing the drum sound. It doesn't seem like Elevate is having a big CPU drain by looking at the meters. Any solutions?
More a latency issue than a CPU one, you could try to reduce buffer size in the audio settings but using mastering plugin in a very low latency situation is not a good idea and won't work with a lot of tools, the latency of the plugin is too high itself (thinking about Equilibrium in FIR, Ozone maximizer, Softube/Weiss DS1...)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search