The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Goodhertz Tilfshift Equalizer Plugins
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

This is what the Tilt preset in the new Newfangled EQuivocate does.

Pink noise input. EQuivocate Tilt preset used but with the lower filter set to 20Hz rather than the default 0Hz(?). In the analyzer graphic, the salient feature is the white line, representing 15 seconds averaging.

Tilt it does not much.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodhertz Tilfshift-equivtiltex.jpg   Goodhertz Tilfshift-equivanalysis.jpg  
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
Another possibility (on my to-do list) is the Tilt preset in the new Newfangled EQuivocate. Which is one very nice sounding equaliser.
I'm just a little bit amazed that someone released a product designed for any purpose related to quality and named it "equivocate" ... they should do a compressor and name it "COMPromise"

Sorry. Please resume tilting. On the rare occasion I seek out a tilt, i like FF Pro-Q2 in natural phase mode, FWIW, YMMV, BBQ, etc.
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
Interesting suggestion! We could definitely do something along those lines, though I'm not sure what exactly we'd call that control.

Perhaps "Minimum Phase Below" and then allow the user to choose the frequency below which the filter becomes minimum phase.
I'd pay for a tilt eq that did this. Even just a "phase tilt" button that kept (for example) min phase up to 500Hz or so, intermediate at 2-3k up to linear at 20k (perhaps 10k)... If it was sensibly implemented you wouldn't need to specify, being my point. One button, job done.

I do this sort of thing in Equilibrium a lot, and it's worth it. It just misses a proper linear tilt.
Old 7th October 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-G View Post
I'm just a little bit amazed that someone released a product designed for any purpose related to quality and named it "equivocate" ... they should do a compressor and name it "COMPromise"
I can see it now; an automatic match eq called "the Averagelizer".
Old 10th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
I'd pay for a tilt eq that did this. Even just a "phase tilt" button that kept (for example) min phase up to 500Hz or so, intermediate at 2-3k up to linear at 20k (perhaps 10k)... If it was sensibly implemented you wouldn't need to specify, being my point. One button, job done.

I do this sort of thing in Equilibrium a lot, and it's worth it. It just misses a proper linear tilt.
Sounds good. We're planning to add something like this in the next update of Tiltshift, and we would likely roll it into our shelving EQ, Tone Control, too. Early listening tests have been pretty promising.
Old 12th October 2017
Deleted User
I'm a fan of Goodhertz and will definitely try this one. It's a pity they don't have more useful for mastering plugins, I really like the brand. If I was a mixing engineer I wouldn't be working without these.

In any case, a lot of talk about tilt filters, I actually use these a lot but I have no problem with the one in EQuilibrium.
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmarques View Post
I'm a fan of Goodhertz and will definitely try this one. It's a pity they don't have more useful for mastering plugins, I really like the brand. If I was a mixing engineer I wouldn't be working without these.

In any case, a lot of talk about tilt filters, I actually use these a lot but I have no problem with the one in EQuilibrium.
I would argue that we do have quite a few useful mastering plugins (before starting Goodhertz, I was a full-time mastering engineer). For me, a lot of them are indispensable in a mastering session: Faraday Limiter (as a 2-bus compressor in M/S mode), Midside, Tiltshift, Tone Control, and Good Dither get used on just about every master I do. Wow Control is one of my favorite mastering tools for taming harsh high end. Goodhertz plugins are also nice for mastering moves because they can all be smoothly automated without clicks, pops, or other artifacts.

We do have plans for some more mastering-focused plugins too, but if you haven't checked out the ones above, you should
Old 13th October 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinkerr View Post
I would argue that we do have quite a few useful mastering plugins (before starting Goodhertz, I was a full-time mastering engineer). For me, a lot of them are indispensable in a mastering session: Faraday Limiter (as a 2-bus compressor in M/S mode), Midside, Tiltshift, Tone Control, and Good Dither get used on just about every master I do. Wow Control is one of my favorite mastering tools for taming harsh high end. Goodhertz plugins are also nice for mastering moves because they can all be smoothly automated without clicks, pops, or other artifacts.

We do have plans for some more mastering-focused plugins too, but if you haven't checked out the ones above, you should
Will definitely check them out then!
Old 13th October 2017
Gear Guru
For tilt I love Sweetone, but probably way too colored for mastering.....
Old 19th October 2017
Deleted User
Spent a few hours with this today and so far I'm really impressed with it. It's surely different sounding from the one in EQuilibrium. Limiting the bandwidth of the tilt filter is also way more useful than I ever thought.

It would be cool if there was a way to make HQ mode always on by default and the ability to use this in M/S. Maybe in a future update? In any case, well done!
Old 24th October 2017
Gear Addict

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-G View Post

Sorry. Please resume tilting. On the rare occasion I seek out a tilt, i like FF Pro-Q2 in natural phase mode, FWIW, YMMV, BBQ, etc.
FWIW, COMPromise is a fantastic name for a compressor plug-in. DISTgusting distortion, REVolting reverb. Back around 2006 we were seriously considering releasing a "Tom DeLay" algorithm for the TimeFactor. This job is supposed to be at least a little bit of fun.

Sorry for the interruption as well, please do continue tilting.
Old 24th October 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post
FWIW, COMPromise is a fantastic name for a compressor plug-in. DISTgusting distortion, REVolting reverb. Back around 2006 we were seriously considering releasing a "Tom DeLay" algorithm for the TimeFactor. This job is supposed to be at least a little bit of fun.

Ha!! Well played, Dan. I tip my hat.
Old 24th October 2017
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGillespie View Post

Hey there is "The Hammer" of course with Tom "DeLay" you'd need to have most of the files corrupted.......
Old 25th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebaum View Post
tell us your impressions
I didn't realise you get $10 credit for signing up an account at Goodhertz. Tempting! I'll still wait for a sale maybe (cheapskate) but might demo in the meantime and compare against Venomode's Pivot (which is rather excellent).
Old 15th March 2018
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
I didn't realise you get $10 credit for signing up an account at Goodhertz. Tempting! I'll still wait for a sale maybe (cheapskate) but might demo in the meantime and compare against Venomode's Pivot (which is rather excellent).
Came back to this this thread after being generally 'meh' about the Hofa.

Just bought Pivot after 10 minutes - thank you for the recommendation, it sounds really nice!
Old 16th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Only linear phase plugin known to me with special tilt filter (eg. not standard shelves in the fashion, you've mentioned), is STilt by TB Pro Audio..
Does anyone still use LinearPhase PEQ Red by Algorithmix? It can do fractional slopes from 0 to 24 dB / octave. I never bought it because it was brutally expensive.
Old 16th March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rick View Post
Does anyone still use LinearPhase PEQ Red by Algorithmix? It can do fractional slopes from 0 to 24 dB / octave. I never bought it because it was brutally expensive.
The "Continuous Slope Filter" on the Red was unique and very useful.

I wish they'd bring the Red and Blue back in 64 bit versions at a reasonable price, I think they are the two best eq plugins ever, way ahead of their time.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search