The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quality TRS patchbay suitable for mastering? Any other solution?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Addict

Quality TRS patchbay suitable for mastering? Any other solution?

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem here... I have been shaping up this home mastering setup with a few key pieces. I have a few comps and a few equs. I could use a Neve 8816 as a simple mastering console.

But because I also sometimes make music and mix stuff I need a patchbay. And because 8816 outputs and inputs are in silly order I would need to modify the cables if I get a DB25/TT -bay. That would be a bit of a hassle.

So could I just buy some quality TRS-bay (Signex for example) and call it a day? Heresy?

Any other solutions?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Also be interested to know, as my mastering rig also doubles as a stereo tracking rig recently, and I'm getting annoyed having to go round the back and swap cables all the time!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I don't use them now, but I have a couple of 48-point Bittree TRS bays that performed flawlessly. Whichever way you go, TT or TRS, I highly recommend that you get Charlie Bolois' burnisher and solvent-squirter tools.

http://vertigorecordings.com/
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search