The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Quality TRS patchbay suitable for mastering? Any other solution? Summing Mixers
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quality TRS patchbay suitable for mastering? Any other solution?

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem here... I have been shaping up this home mastering setup with a few key pieces. I have a few comps and a few equs. I could use a Neve 8816 as a simple mastering console.

But because I also sometimes make music and mix stuff I need a patchbay. And because 8816 outputs and inputs are in silly order I would need to modify the cables if I get a DB25/TT -bay. That would be a bit of a hassle.

So could I just buy some quality TRS-bay (Signex for example) and call it a day? Heresy?

Any other solutions?
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Also be interested to know, as my mastering rig also doubles as a stereo tracking rig recently, and I'm getting annoyed having to go round the back and swap cables all the time!
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Guru

I don't use them now, but I have a couple of 48-point Bittree TRS bays that performed flawlessly. Whichever way you go, TT or TRS, I highly recommend that you get Charlie Bolois' burnisher and solvent-squirter tools.

http://vertigorecordings.com/
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search