The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any offline LUFS meters like TT DR offline meter? Noise Reduction & Restoration Plugins
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Any offline LUFS meters like TT DR offline meter?

Can anyone advise if any offline LUFS meters exist which are like like TT DR offline meter as shown below? Obviously the latter is for measuring DR and RMS, and I use it all the time when mastering, but I want an LUFS option as well.

Cubase/Wavelab can give me the LUFS value for any audio clip but I really like the convenience of having it in a standalone app so hoping there is one.

Old 12th March 2017
Gear Nut

Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLoudBase View Post
I've just read the manual and it infers it is nothing like what i'm looking for as in it doesn't do it offline processing at all.

Quote:
Stand Alone application
VisLM is also available as a stand-alone application for Win/OSX in addition to the plug-in versions.

The stand-alone application is designed to monitor the ASIO Audio Input/s of the
machine it is installed on, turning it into a free-standing, independent loudness meter.
Note: Within Windows and OSX, there is no option to route the Audio Output
directly into a secondary application, the VisLM application can only monitor the
Audio Input. 3rd Party products are available to add this functionality if required.
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Nut

I use it as a standalone program to check completed wav files after final print as part of my QC process. I've never used it as a plugin.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I use it as a standalone program to check completed wav files after final print as part of my QC process. I've never used it as a plugin.
It can't process files offline though it seems? It needs a realtime audio input regardless of it being standalone or plugin yeah?
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Nut

No. It works the same as TT in standalone mode. Select file, anaIyse, spit out TP Max, Intergarted LUFS & Max LUFS numbers for selected wav, natively.
I use TT to check mp3's, although I think their DR values are way off. They seem to use non compliant time constants giving dubious numbers, LUFS is the standard. TT DR is usually up to 2db hotter compared to using a LUFS approved standard analyser.

Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
No. It works the same as TT in standalone mode. Select file, anaIyse, spit out TP Max, Intergarted LUFS & Max LUFS numbers for selected wav, natively.
I use TT to check mp3's, although I think their DR values are way off. They seem to use non compliant time constants giving dubious numbers, LUFS is the standard. TT DR is usually up to 2db hotter compared to using a LUFS approved standard analyser.

Sorry my mistake, I was reading about Vis-LM, not LM-Correct!

LM-Correct looks good but it's a shame it can't take MP3's. Handy having the M/S LUFS as well though which can be handy.

Thanks for you help.
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Nut

TTDR is the only standalone mp3 loudness analyser I've come across.
Please post if you find another mp3 standalone.
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Addict
Or Izotope RX !
But not cheap if it's just for loudness.
Maybe izotope release the loudness module on his own.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Although a plugin, the HOFA 4U Meter will allow you to drag a file onto it and spit out loudness and other readings in a matter of seconds.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Well, most of better DAWs already incorporated it somehow, however not for offline measurement.. if you're using Reaper (you haven't really said, what DAW and platform, you're using), then you can grab SWS extensions, which includes offline loudness calculation and normalization.. it's super quick to use - just select item(s) and all it's being displayed in table at Loudness window.

With regards to standalones.

If you want relatively affordable and comprehensive tool for detection and normalization, check Grimm Audio/Beatrig Level One
https://beatrig.com/product/levelone/
For it's professional featureset and price, its new version is unbeatable IMO.

If you need it just time to time, then I can recommend these free tools..

Orban Meter
ORBAN Loudness Meter
It's primarily real-time metering program, but it has also offline analysis tab at its UI.. where you can drag'n'drop most common audio files to obtain integrated LUFS figure and CBS meter graph.. it's much slower than other tools, likely because it always processes two measurements at once.

HOFA 4U Meter, Fader & MS-Pan
https://hofa-plugins.de/plugins/4u/
This is free plugin for metering, gain and panning.. however it has one somewhat hidden functionality.
You can drag'n'drop audio file (wav, flac, mp3) from Explorer/Finder to its window in DAW and besides other things it will calculate integrated LUFS, LRA and per-channel TP.
It should work pretty well for what you would like to do.. eg. export WAV from your project and drag it back.
Some legacy DAWs doesn't supported this drag'n'drop to plugin UI, but I believe with most of current ones, you shouldn't have any issues.

Finally there are also some command-line tools, which will report that with rather simple batch file.

Michal
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I use the Waveform Statistics in RX5 Advanced for such things.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks guys.
Old 20th March 2017
R128GAIN

i use this free offline lufs meter everyday.

only for mac
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

If you're on a Mac, Myriad by Audiofile Engineering will analyze mp3 files for you:

Myriad | Audiofile

It also does many other things including batch processing.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Old 20th March 2017
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmo View Post
R128GAIN

i use this free offline lufs meter everyday.

only for mac
Please where is mac version of r128gain on this websites? I cant find it, only linux and windows version. Thank you.
Old 22nd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digipope View Post
Please where is mac version of r128gain on this websites? I cant find it, only linux and windows version. Thank you.
r128x (free) download Mac version
Old 22nd March 2017
Gear Nut

Super Thanx!
Old 25th March 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies guys. Will demo them all and see what works best for me.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search