The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Foote Stereo Germanium ClipSat Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 31st October 2018
Hi all,
Up date time!
We just received some B/O parts for the Clip/Sat builds.
Now we have everything in hand to do complete construction.

I will be mopping up the previous work the next day or so, then on to the Clip/Sat builds.

6 of the 10 introductory priced units are sold at this point so there are a few more left at $800.

Updates soon, including pics of the Mix and Master versions.

All the best!
Roger
Old 4th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFoote View Post
Hi all,
Up date time!
We just received some B/O parts for the Clip/Sat builds.
Now we have everything in hand to do complete construction.

I will be mopping up the previous work the next day or so, then on to the Clip/Sat builds.

6 of the 10 introductory priced units are sold at this point so there are a few more left at $800.

Updates soon, including pics of the Mix and Master versions.

All the best!
Roger
Sweeeet!
Old 8th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I received 5 of the Mix version panels yesterday.
I am also building the first two of the MTB-2 units today, and will get going on the Clip/Sat Mix's tomorrow.

The Master Panels are still being manufactured.

Updates soon.
i run my whole chain m/s - do you think your germanium clip/sat would still make sense?

Last edited by teebaum; 8th November 2018 at 01:53 PM..
Old 8th November 2018
Hi teebaum,

Really not sure about this.
I suppose you could process the mid component with clipping.
Side? Don't know.

Best
Roger
Old 8th November 2018
Update on the schedule.
The MTB-2s are being packed for shipping today, so I will be able to devote 100% to the Clip/Sats...

I am not as fast now that I am working alone on FCS products. And doing caregiver work the other part of the day with my son's help.

All the best!
Roger
Old 10th November 2018
Happy Saturday!

Well it took all day yesterday to pack and ship the 2- MTB-2 units.
But today I am full time on the Clip/Sat builds.

Old 10th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Happy Saturday!

Well it took all day yesterday to pack and ship the 2- MTB-2 units.
But today I am full time on the Clip/Sat builds.

empty rackspace here waiting :P :P :P
Old 12th November 2018
Hi,
A picture of my work over the last 3 days.
Tomorrow I start punching cases and mounting the boards.

Best
Roger

OK, GS won't let me add pics and I was barely able to post this message...
It kept diverting me to the want ads.

Anyway, I click "Manage Attachments" and nothing happens.

Sorry, no pics I guess...
Old 12th November 2018
New post let me do the pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Foote Stereo Germanium ClipSat-boards_sm.jpg  
Old 14th November 2018
Hi all,
Got the cases punched power wiring done, I/O wiring measured out.
Tomorrow I will finish up the I/O wiring and finish work on the rear panels.
Then I move to the front where the action is!

Roger
Old 20th November 2018
Hi all,
Had a strange weekend with my wife having several non life threatening medical emergencies, Rx drug related stuff...
I had planned to have the first 5 units done by today, but I am 2 days behind the latest schedule.

Anyway, I am wiring the last of the controls today.
Final assembly tomorrow and we will be shipping the first 5 on Monday 11/26.

The Master version boards are still out, but will be ready soon.

All the best,
Roger
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Had a strange weekend with my wife having several non life threatening medical emergencies, Rx drug related stuff...

Anyway, I am wiring the last of the controls today.
Final assembly tomorrow and we will be shipping the first 5 on Monday 11/26.

Hey Roger, hope your wife is ok.

Looking forward to putting the clip/sat to work!

Be well
Old 20th November 2018
Thanks!
She went into the ER in March with back and leg pain, fell and couldn't get up.
Called 911, went to the ER and came home with severe dementia, they call it Hospital Dementia...

They make you sign a waiver for accidental drug overdoses and dementia...
In her case, they gave her diltiazem for her blood pressure. She had a reverse reaction, went up to 300/290 and she suffered a heart attack.
Moved her to a big city hospital where they gave her clonidine which she also has a reverse effect with.

The shift nurse gave her 5 doses of Ativan which put her in a coma.
Moved her to ICU for a week to keep her breathing.

We do not know which event did it but she is basically gone.

Anyway, life is VERY difficult for my son and I now.
I get maybe half as much done now, even starting at 4:00 AM and working unt6il 2:00 PM and then putting in 7 or 8 hours in caregiving.

Believe it or not, that's the short story!
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Nut

Roger,

That sounds absolutely brutal.

I'm very sorry your family is going through such a hard time.

I hope you're able to get some rest and solace soon.

Warmest
M
Old 20th November 2018
Roger,
I don't know what to say.
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 20th November 2018
Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts!
I figured I should mention this because it is having an effect on my commercial output speed of manufacture.

I will be fine, Jesus is my strength through all of this, it would have killed me without help! I try to keep my eyes on him as I tend to get pissed off at the people who did this which is not fair, it is my wife's makeup and the fact that she was exposed to high levels of I131 and Sr90 in 1959, later her thyroid was removed to stop the exposure. I really think this has something t5o do with her "reverse" reactions to some drugs...

Anyway, she has been my Rock 'n Roll Hunny since 1974.
I get pretty attached to having her to talk to...

Thanks for your good thoughts!

Roger, Karen and Justin Foote
Old 21st November 2018
Lives for gear

Terribly sorry to hear this as well. You sold me my P3EX which I still have, use and love. Praying for you and your family.
Old 21st November 2018
I'm so sorry to hear this, Roger. I can't say anything truly helpful, I'm just sorry.
Old 23rd November 2018
Hi again!

Just finished the first wave of Clip/Sat Mix units.
Thought I would post a preliminary picture of it...

I ended up using some nicer Plenco knobs that I had Cosmo Corp source for my future synth projects. They are very close to the knobs used on Moog synths and pedals. I also have the plain Bakelite knobs though if anyone prefers them.

Sorry for delays, and appreciate your understanding and good thoughts and prayers!

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Foote Stereo Germanium ClipSat-mix_pic_01_sm.jpg  
Old 26th November 2018
Hi all,
The Clip/Sat Mix units are all packed and ready to ship, which will happen tomorrow. As long as I have your ship to address and phone number, these will go out tomorrow and I will send a bill for shipping and a tracking number.

We are still waiting on boards for the Clip/Sat Master units. They should arrive mid week, so they should be out the following week (December 3-7)

Thanks to all who pre-ordered these, no way I could do these for $800 if I didn't do the pre-pay dance. However, I just realized that there are some bad feelings about doing this, so I guess this should be the last time for that kind of thing. I couldn't tell if there were problems with my deal here or others as the people were intentionally unclear on that.

Anyway, this pre-order deal is now closed as a result. Regular price kicks in today.

All the best,
Roger
Old 27th November 2018
Hi all, half the Clip/Sats are shipped.
Ran out of time, my other gig starts in an hour.

So, if you haven't received an email today, you will tomorrow.
Only exception are the Master versions which are awaiting the boards.
Those will be here tomorrow or the next, and then I can get those finished up.

Thanks again to all the people who trust me enough to pre-order these units!
The cash flow really helped me provide the care my wife needs, well the IRS needs love too of course, hahaha!

I truly do appreciate this!

Roger
Old 28th November 2018
Hi!

The remaining Clip/Sats have shipped with the exception of the Master versions for which the boards are set to arrive tonight.
So tomorrow I can get those built up.

All the best,
Roger
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi all,
The Clip/Sat Mix units are all packed and ready to ship, which will happen tomorrow. As long as I have your ship to address and phone number, these will go out tomorrow and I will send a bill for shipping and a tracking number.

We are still waiting on boards for the Clip/Sat Master units. They should arrive mid week, so they should be out the following week (December 3-7)

Thanks to all who pre-ordered these, no way I could do these for $800 if I didn't do the pre-pay dance. However, I just realized that there are some bad feelings about doing this, so I guess this should be the last time for that kind of thing. I couldn't tell if there were problems with my deal here or others as the people were intentionally unclear on that.

Anyway, this pre-order deal is now closed as a result. Regular price kicks in today.

All the best,
Roger

Hey Roger, still got and using the P3EX you sent!

Please don’t let other people put you off doing pre-orders. Your one of the honest ones. The way you safely package your gear sending abroad is 2nd to none!
Old 29th November 2018
This will be my third piece of Foote gear - Roger is always a gentleman.
Old 29th November 2018
Hello Roger,

Hope your wife it's getting better sorry to hear what you going thru.

Back to the subject the clipper had to be an awesome tool like everything you make,
came out from the MTB1 the idea? proud to have the P4S ME on the chain.

Keep up the good work Roger, The light be with your family, I'll call you soon.
Old 29th November 2018
Thanks guys!

This stuff has been going on since the hate incited vehicular assault in 2014 that left her crippled. She was watering the flowers in our yard when the guy came screaming up to Karen and swerved to hit her. She was not hit but fell back on her backside really hard and that damaged the L4 and L5 lateral nerves. Now she is unable to even stand on her own.

The Trinity Co Sheriff let the case languish until the 3 year statute of limitations ran out, so they got away with it...
Now the perpetrators mock us and make threatening phone calls all the time, since as the guy said: "Go ahead and call the police, they won't do anything"
I asked how he could have the right to try to kill Karen, he said "Because we have hated you since the day you moved in" and We can do anything we want to you and there is nothing you can do to stop us!"

A year later the same guy tried to run me off a state highway by pulling into my lane head on. I barely missed him. Called the CHP and they wouldn't respond even though the guy was DRUNK as a skunk.

The deputy said on the phone:
"Well, I sure would hate to be in YOUR position!"

He was correct! The police protect these kind of criminals as do the courts.
The drug thing was almost the straw that broke the camels back...

All because we are not in the correct political party...
I see that Senate was trying to minimize the sentencing for vehicular assaults, must have worked, eh?

It's been the worst nightmare I have ever witnessed, except it is real and ongoing for what, 4 years now?

I'm sorry, I am still having a problem letting this go and doing the right thing, forgiving my enemy... So, I've been praying for the strength to really forgive.
Old 1st December 2018
Gear Nut

Hello Roger,

Your unfolding circumstances are truly remarkable, its hard to believe that its actually true life. My thoughts, sympathies & empathy go out to you, Karen & Justin. Stay strong brother you will succeed if your brilliant products are anything to go by.

Take Care
Matt
Old 1st December 2018
Thanks Matt!

The week that Karen went into ICU, my mother passed away of congestive heart failure and I couldn't leave to go to Sebastopol CA where she lived.

My brother, who lived with my mom, was getting treated for lymph node cancer with full on chemo and strong focused radiation. Right after mom died, he fell and shattered his leg in 30 odd places. He was in surgery for 14 hours.

I still feel like it is either a bad dream or something much worse.
Fortunately, I am not superstitious.

The reason I am sharing this is because I am not as fast as usual.
When other posters started threads about scam pre-order stuff (which I agree with the poster made me feel like somehow that could get me...

OK, I said I am not superstitious, but I am getting paranoid.

I worry about what these rich timber barons like the ones who crippled my wife, and their *****s the local police, will do when things break down in our world. I have read of police in other places saying things like this:

"excitement about using "unjustified force."

"But it's gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these sh*theads once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!!!"

Sounds very familiar to me!

Another person living further out, who was critical of the forest practices of clear cutting and dumping used hydraulic oil in the river, had what he said was a timber co official that his security camera saw driving past his house repeatedly... Then there was a big whoosh and a massive tree was dropped right through his house. They probably never got it into court either, as the courts are completely corrupt just like the animals they hire for deputies.
They are probably all violent felons who were recruited!

Bottom line:
Based on my experiences here, stay the hell away from Shasta or Trinity counties if you are a thinking person. They hate intelligence and talent here.

Sorry, been awake since 2:00 AM with my wife's delirium.
Too much time to think about all of this.
Old 1st December 2018
Lives for gear

Verified Member
My sympathies are with you Roger. Official corruption is a terrible thing.
Old 2nd December 2018
Received my ClipSat this weekend. The little time I've had to spend with it, if used sparingly it adds a bit more life / vibrancy to the track. Lots more experimentation required, especially trying the unit for clipping peaks vs saturation, but so far so good!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search