The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone using TC Clarity M plugin/hardware meter? Monitor Controllers
Old 1st November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
Three questions -

of all the metering options / displays on the clarity M - what of them would be best for helping me match the volume of two different pieces of music?

And

How much better than RMS would that info / display be?

And

Can it support 5.1 metering over the USB “plugin”?

I don’t have a spare 5.1 digital out of my DAW to dedicate to the Clarity M metering input.

Thx.
1) If I rely on numbers, I use LUFS to match levels between racks when mastering. Its different than RMS because it is time gated, but is much more accurate and useful numeric in my opinion. LUFS "Sliding 10 second" maybe good if you want to watch a number jump around in faster intervals than slowly calibrating LUFS program loudness numeric. I stopped using RMS years ago and completely adopted LUFS. It is what streaming services use to measure program material and is much more useful than RMS imo. You could demo the waves WLM to get an idea of how LUFS work.

Yes, there is 5.1 support in plug in mode. Everyone complains that they unit does not do 96kHz with analog inputs, but I never use the analog inputs. I use the plugin in because it is far superior. I can drag the plug to any channel and get loudness info or RTA on that channel. I work exclusively at 96kHz. The thing is amazing. Never had one doubt about purchasing it.
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Finally

NEW in v2.0 - Clarity M | TC Electronic
Old 4th January 2018
Lives for gear

flipping good news I will get one
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor z View Post
Nice i thought they will never update it

Happy customer
Old 4th January 2018
Gear Addict

Great news!!!!
Old 5th January 2018
Here for the gear

96K input at last! New display options v welcome too.
Old 5th January 2018
Lives for gear

I could see getting one now that it can handle 96k input. I wonder if they will make any changes to the unit or if this will be a software update.

I know it infers that old units will be able to be updated but I wonder if any future units will be any different.
Old 8th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin P. View Post
I could see getting one now that it can handle 96k input. I wonder if they will make any changes to the unit or if this will be a software update.

I know it infers that old units will be able to be updated but I wonder if any future units will be any different.
The only option would be REW but the clarity M is way better in my opinion layout meters and resolution is pretty nice... Dont think twice just get one u won't be disappointed... Got 2 on the sides of my desk for 1 1/2 years still going strong never turned em off.
Old 8th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtwister View Post
The only option would be REW but the clarity M is way better in my opinion layout meters and resolution is pretty nice... Dont think twice just get one u won't be disappointed... Got 2 on the sides of my desk for 1 1/2 years still going strong never turned em off.
Yeah, I am just waiting to see if they plan to update the hardware in any way or if it's strictly a software update.

I also need to know if I can feed it an AES signal w/o word clock.

I wish they had direct links to the mounts in the pictures so I know just which one to get.
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Yeah, I am just waiting to see if they plan to update the hardware in any way or if it's strictly a software update.

I also need to know if I can feed it an AES signal w/o word clock.

I wish they had direct links to the mounts in the pictures so I know just which one to get.
Here is the link to the mounts. RAM Mounts - Mobile Mounting Solutions
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Here is the link to the mounts. RAM Mounts - Mobile Mounting Solutions
Thanks. I did find their website but I am wondering more specifically which ones work well with the Clarity M.

Particularly the one in this picture. I see the section for Tough Claw but I can't find the 2nd part that attaches to the Clarity M itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone using TC Clarity M plugin/hardware meter?-screen-shot-2018-01-12-9.58.36-am.png  
Old 12th January 2018
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
Thanks. I did find their website but I am wondering more specifically which ones work well with the Clarity M.

Particularly the one in this picture. I see the section for Tough Claw but I can't find the 2nd part that attaches to the Clarity M itself.
Pretty sure it is RAM Diamond Plate 2.43" x 1.31" with B Size 1" Ball Unpackaged - RAM-B-238U | RAM Mounts
Old 12th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks. I will be able to look more closely next week.
Old 15th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, that does look like the one.
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

TC added some more details on their page about which RAM Mounts work well with the Clarity M:
Tech Specs - Clarity M | TC Electronic

Does anybody know how long the USB cable is that comes with the Clarity M?

I'm about to order one of these but I would like to know if I need to track done a longer USB cable that works with it as I need it to run about 8 to 10 feet.
Old 23rd January 2018
Gear Guru

Verified Member
Quote:
TC added some more details on their page about which RAM Mounts work well with the Clarity M:
Tech Specs - Clarity M | TC Electronic

Does anybody know how long the USB cable is that comes with the Clarity M?

I'm about to order one of these but I would like to know if I need to track done a longer USB cable that works with it as I need it to run about 8 to 10 feet.
The one that came with mine was 1 meter long. FWIW
Old 23rd January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
The one that came with mine was 1 meter long. FWIW
Thanks. Not very long, I'll look into a USB extension or a longer cable if I can find one with the right connections.
Old 24th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

I believe the usb cable is about 1M-- I needed an extension. I also use that RAM mount and it works perfectly fine for me. It is sturdy and doesn't move when you adjust settings on the meter.

I am very excited about the update.

My only request for the unit would be for it to keep 1 level of undo for volume readings. After you play through a song the TC shows the program's loudness, but if you push play after the song is over by accident, it clears the previous loudness levels and starts the measurement over. I wish there was a back button that would take you back to the previous captures program's volume levels. Anyone else run into that frustration?
Old 24th January 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchcraft View Post
I believe the usb cable is about 1M-- I needed an extension. I also use that RAM mount and it works perfectly fine for me. It is sturdy and doesn't move when you adjust settings on the meter.

I am very excited about the update.

My only request for the unit would be for it to keep 1 level of undo for volume readings. After you play through a song the TC shows the program's loudness, but if you push play after the song is over by accident, it clears the previous loudness levels and starts the measurement over. I wish there was a back button that would take you back to the previous captures program's volume levels. Anyone else run into that frustration?
+1
Old 23rd February 2018
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Updated Clarity M.

Offline bounce still doesn't work - or better said act erratically with longer files (logic Pro X)

Amazed how could they release it that way. Same behaviour on the one friend has on Windows/Nuendo.

Gonimeter is average, the one I have on DK is much better .

Other functions are nice
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search