The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Desperately need a linear headphone, price no object, everything I tried is garbage Studio Headphones
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Tubb View Post
Once again we’re on the same page Dave!

I’ve been using my Grados (several pair, as they wear out) for 15+ years.

Eric Johnson’s (& SRV) engineer brought them over one day and said “listen to these!”

I was an immediate convert, from my trusty flawed AKG closed cups.

They’re so easy to learn, just naturally sounded “right” and “flat” first time i listened.

But i think a lot of the obsession here, are guys that do lots of EDM without proper rooms & monitors,

and are looking for a quick easy solution.

best, jt
If you like Grados try the e-Grados for $50- surprisingly comfortable and have the 60's drivers. Astonishingly robust,,,,,, sound great very natural
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMillionMangos View Post
Yeah dude I know I'm not about to sell my lipinskis and my near acoustically perfect studio room and start mastering from my laptop with a pair of headphones. I've been a mastering engineer for over a decade and in that time exclusively worked on speakers.

I am not asking for much though, I am only asking for a headphone which is better than the HD650 so I can give reasonably accurate mix pointers and judge which stems I need (if any) for mixes to masters which I will then do at my studio when I get back off holiday!

I went out and bought an LCD2 and a HD650, I'm at my studio, I've been doing some listening tests between my monitors and the headphones and I can confirm that the HD650 is by a massive margin FAR superior to the more expensive LCD2 headphone, to the point where I am laughing at the LCD2 and would chuck it out the window for dramatic effect if I hadn't paid 1300€ for the piece of junk.

The HD650 is "fairly" close to my monitors. As close as I have experienced from a pair of headphones.

However the HD650 costs only 300€ and for an extra 4700€ can I really NOT GET ANYTHING BETTER????? Everything more expensive, or otherwise put, anything other than the HD650 seems to be WORSE in some way regardless of price. Can someone please take my money and give me something marginally better than a cheap piece of plastic run of the mill 2 a penny HD650 FFS???
@OneMillionMangos: Have you found a favourite now? Are you still with the hd650?

Would be very interesting to hear were your journey ended.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru
I think he's long outta mangos...... bailed around the 3rd page of this tome.......
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search