The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME ADI-2 Pro
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Why would it should mix 8-10 channels? It doesn't make much sense to me at device, which is primarily stereo AD/DA converter with USB audio interface and not a mixer.
Optical connection there accepts either SPDIF (stereo) or ADAT. With ADAT input however it take just first two channels from 8 channel stream and converts that, possibly it can be set also to route incoming ADAT stream to optical output, in that case it preserves all channels, but it don't work with it. Somewhat as expected from stereo converter.
If you need to mix channels, do it before stereo converter, either in computer or in some mixer with appropriate digital output.
Possibly look for some multichannel audio interface with standalone mode and own low latency DSP mixer.. say RME UFX or basically any of their interfaces with TotalMix option and inputs, you need.

Michal
Thank you for the detailed answer! I was just looking for a way to have the best possible converters with an optical IO for the occasional gig maybe it'll be another solution then...
Old 15th May 2020
Gear Nut

hi, the dac version is about 900-1k

on this price there are also mytek liberty dac, and dangerous source

anyone can tell me something? anyone listened the mytek?
Old 7th August 2020
PTS
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameron View Post
hi, the dac version is about 900-1k

on this price there are also mytek liberty dac, and dangerous source

anyone can tell me something? anyone listened the mytek?
I had the ADI-2 Pro and Dangerous Source at the same time. The Source is a great DAC, but it was clear after a brief listen that the ADI-2 was a little better overall. More detailed, better separation, and airy / open sounding in the top-end. The Source was less clinical and had a little more slam, but sounded rolled-off in comparison.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTS View Post
I had the ADI-2 Pro and Dangerous Source at the same time. The Source is a great DAC, but it was clear after a brief listen that the ADI-2 was a little better overall. More detailed, better separation, and airy / open sounding in the top-end. The Source was less clinical and had a little more slam, but sounded rolled-off in comparison.
thank you, and thank you all!

in the end i grab a Benchmark dac 1, because i found an used one for 450 and reviews are pretty good, and i spent more on the room.

cheers!
📝 Reply