The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME ADI-2 Pro
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotei View Post
So in theory one could use the stereo headphone out as monitor feed to the monitor controller?

I use the headphones on the monitor controller and not on the converter anyway.
Yes I think that should work, especially if you are using the Babyface like that (if I understood correctly)
The second headphone out (3/4) is a separate output.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
Yes I think that should work, especially if you are using the Babyface like that (if I understood correctly)
The second headphone out (3/4) is a separate output.
Will there be any sort of loss using the headphones out instead of the main out of the ADI-2 for monitor feed other then being unbalanced?

Guess its time I read the manual..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotei View Post
Will there be any sort of loss using the headphones out instead of the main out of the ADI-2 for monitor feed other then being unbalanced?

Guess its time I read the manual..
The manual states the 3/4 phones output is perfectly suitable to use as an unbalanced line out.
Old 3 days ago
how does the adi-2 pro compare with the likes of prism convertors ?

im looking for a conversion upgrade from my fireface 802 and looking for possible choices !!! 2 channel adc /dac is waht i need ...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
The manual states the 3/4 phones output is perfectly suitable to use as an unbalanced line out.
Sounds promising. Now to read the manual!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersync.09 View Post
how does the adi-2 pro compare with the likes of prism convertors ?

im looking for a conversion upgrade from my fireface 802 and looking for possible choices !!! 2 channel adc /dac is waht i need ...
I own the Lyra 1 and had the ADI2P here for a months testing. Sent the RME back as the ADDA difference was negligible.

Caveat 1: I only record my own vocals, so cannot compare with instruments.

Caveat 2: I have a USB ground loop issue. The RME wasn't affected by this whereas I need an isolator for the Prism (Uptone Regen).
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I own the Lyra 1 and had the ADI2P here for a months testing. Sent the RME back as the ADDA difference was negligible.

Caveat 1: I only record my own vocals, so cannot compare with instruments.

Caveat 2: I have a USB ground loop issue. The RME wasn't affected by this whereas I need an isolator for the Prism (Uptone Regen).
Owned a Prism Sound Orpheus for years as my main interface/converter and the RME is way better than it. Listening to old ad/da loops made with the Orpheus is almost embarrassing.

Again, not trying to be an asshole, but weren't you the guy that was commenting on the sound of the RME with tape plugins running on the background? You've proved yourself to not be listening carefully...
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmarques View Post
Owned a Prism Sound Orpheus for years as my main interface/converter and the RME is way better than it. Listening to old ad/da loops made with the Orpheus is almost embarrassing.

Again, not trying to be an asshole, but weren't you the guy that was commenting on the sound of the RME with tape plugins running on the background? You've proved yourself to not be listening carefully...
Indeed. I didn't assume U-He Satin would hiss when the transport wasn't engaged. Live and learn, all my testing since then has been with no extraneous applications or processes running.

Note the caveats - the Lyra is much better using the USB device. Pulled it up to RME levels. I can't speak for the Orpheus. Without the Regen the RME was the clear choice (I've mentioned this previously in this thread). With the USB device the upgrade wasn't worth it for my own needs.

Had I heard the comparison with the Kii THREE's, the outcome may have been different. Again, I cannot comment as I was using PMC's at the time.

Previously in this thread I recommended the RME unit as the choice to get that this price range for ADDA. I assumed the thread had been read.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
...Previously in this thread I recommended the RME unit as the choice to get that this price range for ADDA. I assumed the thread had been read.
Hello B0se,

Can we assume that's still the case?

Also, what did you think about the ADI2P against the Crane Song Solaris?

Thanks,
Nelson
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsona View Post
Hello B0se,

Can we assume that's still the case?

Also, what did you think about the ADI2P against the Crane Song Solaris?

Thanks,
Nelson
Yes, the ADI-2 Pro would be my choice for 2 channel ADDA.

As with audio, people need to try it for themselves. I know some peeps who prefer a Lyra for their ADDA loop over other converters. Acustica use one to sample all the hardware for their plugins (which are unmatched sonically).

For me, I heard no discernible difference with my own vocals and didn't feel the need to sell the Lyra to move to the RME. I am not a versed recording/tracking engineer however, and my needs for AD are singular.

Each to their own :¬)
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search