The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonic SoundBlade interface converters
Old 4th February 2007
Sonic SoundBlade interface converters

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had the chance to compare the (AD/DA) converter quality of Sonic SoundBlade's model 302 interface to something like those of TC 6000, Cranesong HEDD or Benchmark?

All iknow is that they outsmart TC's M5000 converters.

thanks,
Peter
Old 4th February 2007
update

Oh, i just learned that this Sonic box i'm talking about, seems to be the same thing as the Metric Halo ULN-2 interface with just a different label on it (?) So any comparisons with that unit are welcome too...
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

There is one difference to the Metric Halo. The Sonic Model 302 has an additional EQ which is not included in the ULN-2.

http://sonicstudio.com/products/hw/soniceq.html

But of course the converters are the same.
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I did a comparison a while back between the DAC1 (which I had been using for several years), the ULN2 (302), Mytek 8x192 and Lavry Blue. Oh, I also have a HEDD-192 with the latest converter boards (rev. 6).

To my ears the 302 and DAC1 were quite similar, and both very nice. The Blue I didn't care much for, the Mytek I bought (it was quite a bit nicer than any of the others, really in a different league). The HEDD is also a great converter, especially considering the DSP offered.

If you plan on running Sonic's software as well (soundBlade), the 302 I think offers some nice DSP stuff and tight integration with the program. Definately something to check out!

In the meantime, Sonic has created a new box, the 304, which is a completely new design. I'm trying one out now, and will let you know more as I learn more.

First impressions? Very, very nice indeed!

Cheers,
Thor
--
Sonovo mastering
www.sonovo.no

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuner View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had the chance to compare the (AD/DA) converter quality of Sonic SoundBlade's model 302 interface to something like those of TC 6000, Cranesong HEDD or Benchmark?

All iknow is that they outsmart TC's M5000 converters.

thanks,
Peter
Old 6th February 2007
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
In the meantime, Sonic has created a new box, the 304, which is a completely new design. I'm trying one out now, and will let you know more as I learn more.

First impressions? Very, very nice indeed!

Cheers,
Thor
--
Sonovo mastering
www.sonovo.no
Pls keep us posted on the 304

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search