The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SCHOOL OF MIXING ( HELP!!!! )
Old 30th January 2007
Here for the gear

SCHOOL OF MIXING ( HELP!!!! )

Hello,
First, I am sorry if my post isn't in the right topic.

Two years ago I finished a school to become technician in audio-visual productions, I am also a musician and, in this moment, I work in an agency of Sound Design in Paris. I control very well the digital audio stations and I have true knowledge of mixing because I make music with many people and, also, I am surrounded of some mixers colleagues who had passed me their secrets... Therefore, here is my question, do you know a true training course or a school that could teach me mixing on SSL or Neve consoles for music productions, initially here, in France, or elsewhere (England, Spain, USA, Canada, etc).
I really seek to optimize my way to mix by making a short course (max 2-3 month) in a TRUE recording studio.
I have been searching a lot but i can't find what i am looking for, because the only courses i could found are for amateur people.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH OF YOUR ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodrigo Sanz
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

i think you can d/l ssl manuals online.

and here's a link w/ ssl videos (scroll to the middle/bottom): http://www.mtsu.edu/~nadam/downloads/downloads.html

or what about booking a day with your favorite local engineer and saying, "teach me"?

--jon
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonCraig View Post

and here's a link w/ ssl videos (scroll to the middle/bottom): http://www.mtsu.edu/~nadam/downloads/downloads.html

or what about booking a day with your favorite local engineer and saying, "teach me"?

--jon
Hey GREAT LINK MAN!!!!! I'm a 17 year old kid learning a lot more bout an SSL lol but I already knew what is was and people who used it and stuff like that, but anyway thanks man
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageJoe View Post
but anyway thanks man
happy to help!

--jon
Old 30th January 2007
Mastering Moderator

Verified Member
Quote:

--jon
If you are already experienced and you mean analogue SSLs or Neves then yes it would probabaly make more sense to go for an hands on approach as Jon said.
Old 30th January 2007
Here for the gear

links

Quote:

--jon

Thanks Jon, your links are fabulous, precious information
and yes, booking a day with an engineer it's a very good idea, thank you all,

Airboy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search