The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DSP-Quattro 4.3.1 is available DAW Software
Old 4th September 2015
Gear Nut

Verified Member
DSP-Quattro 4.3.1 is available

Hello everybody,

a new version of DSP-Quattro, the 4.3.1, is available as free upgrade for all registered 4.x users.

It is mainly a maintenance release, it offers a very much better DDP compatibility - mostly when importing DDPs, and several important bug fixes.

Very much more will come with the next major version 5, under development...

What is new in 4.3.1:

General:
  • -fixed a problem starting DSP-Quattro from an account which has not administrator privileges
  • -new option on preference panel to set default mp3 settings to be re-used also after rebooting.
  • -new option on preference panel to turn the redbook time quantization of CDTrack markers off.
  • -fixed a problem of back and forth jumps on waveform page live scrolling during playback.
  • -other minor bug fixes

Plug-ins:
  • -better AU cocoa GUI compatibility: now DSP-Quattro resizes correctly cocoa based AU plug-in GUIs, also dynamically.
  • -fixed a problem of a +3dB gain processing off-line mono audio files.

AudioCD Layout:
  • -no more limitations on the size of temporary files, burning CDs or exporting as DDP: now also AudioCD Layouts at 96 kHz and more than 1 hour long will complete the burn/export without having to resample the audio files.
  • -the Replace audio region function on AudioCD Layout changed: now the imported audio region has the length of the imported audio file.
  • -fixed a potential problem of audio clicks at CDTrack transitions during real time playback
  • -fixed a potential problem after reordering audio regions.
  • -fixed a compatibility problem exporting the AudioCD Layout as DDP when the audioCD layout had sample rate different from 44.1 kHz.
  • -fixed a problem of random jumps at start of the playback marker when clicking on AudioCD layout waveform view.
  • -fixed a problem of white noise re-loading AudioCD layouts which include imported DDP.
  • -fixed a problem importing DDP with audio on pauses
  • -other minor bug fixes

Projects:
  • -fixed a problem of white noise re-loading projects which include imported DDP.

If you will need assistance, if you have any question, do not hesitate to write to me at support.

Best
Stefano Daino
support @ dsp-quattro.com
www.dsp-quattro.com
Old 7th September 2015
t_d
Lives for gear

this is an awesome update..

the fix to the "replace" file length is highly welcome and the ability to save MP3 export settings...

i use DSPQ on every job i do.

i still find the window managing and the over-complicated way the effects and plug ins are handled to keep me from using it as an editor, but as a final CD/playlist builder... DDP creator and the ability to so easily export and render various formatted files from the DDP are absolutely the best the Mac has to offer.

very glad to see you're still on top of the program, though, stefano and i hope it continues to evolve and improve.
Old 7th September 2015
Gear Addict

Nice one, thanks Stefano
Old 7th September 2015
t_d
Lives for gear

another amazingly welcome feature that i didn't see in the change log...

exported audio tracks from a CD playlist are now preceded by track numbers, e.g. "01 - (track name)".... i've been numbering manually every job for years.

thank you!
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

Verified Member
I haven't been able to start this program since 2013.

(EDIT) But after some freakishly fast customer service, I finally have it running.

Last edited by MASSIVE Master; 7th September 2015 at 04:41 PM..
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

I'm actually disappointed with the new replace region function. There are plenty of times I'd like to keep all the fades and timing intact but just swap out a new print of a revised master. In the new version those things are destroyed on replacing, and then have to be re-built. That's additional work and the client may have already approved the previous timing and fades. I can see why the new method would be useful as well. Stefano, is there a way to allow both ways, old and new, to work with perhaps a preference setting?
Old 7th September 2015
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Hatfield View Post
I'm actually disappointed with the new replace region function. There are plenty of times I'd like to keep all the fades and timing intact but just swap out a new print of a revised master. In the new version those things are destroyed on replacing, and then have to be re-built. That's additional work and the client may have already approved the previous timing and fades. I can see why the new method would be useful as well. Stefano, is there a way to allow both ways, old and new, to work with perhaps a preference setting?
yes, you are not the only one asking for that...

I understand that there are two very different opinions about how the replace function should work, and I think that both are well founded. I'm going to release a 4.3.2 version including both options.

I think that it will be safer to introduce some restrictions when replacing a current audio region with a new audio file having a shorter length, but I'll do everything is possible to keep the current Xfades settings.

Thank you for your suggestion,

if you will need assistance, do not hesitate to write to me.

Best
Stefano Daino
www.dsp-quattro.com
Old 7th September 2015
Lives for gear

Stefano, that is music to my eyes. Thanks!
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Hatfield View Post
Stefano, that is music to my eyes. Thanks!
Same here!! That will be a very welcome option, on an otherwise excellent update. Thanks, Stefano!

-Dave
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Stefano has incredible customer support and a very, very good software !
As Tim CooK said, I'm thrilled to see the next update ;-)
Old 14th September 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d View Post
the ability to save MP3 export settings...
realy - how did you do that ?
Old 14th September 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBOMBER View Post
realy - how did you do that ?
allready got it........
Old 20th January 2018
Here for the gear

Hi Stefano-

> Very much more will come with the next major version 5, under development...

Any news on this? I'm thinking of migrating, but have seen reports of problems with the current macOS, and am wondering if maybe you'll have something in time for NAMM....

-Tom
Old 20th January 2018
Gear Nut

Verified Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMuse View Post
Hi Stefano-

> Very much more will come with the next major version 5, under development...

Any news on this? I'm thinking of migrating, but have seen reports of problems with the current macOS, and am wondering if maybe you'll have something in time for NAMM....

-Tom
Version 5 is under final internal beta testing.

It is a totally new 64 bits application with new 64 bits audio and new graphic engines, using the very last MacOS X technologies. It's based on a new single-window project, as you see using Logic or other DAWs.

This is how it looks like in this moment:

I’m doing everything is possible to make it ready for the public distribution in a very short time. If the internal beta testing goes right, I would like to build an open beta for registered users in 3/4 weeks from now.

Who purchased a license of version 4 after the 1st of November 2017 (and for who will purchase a version 4 license from now, of course) will benefit also of a free upgrade to version 5.

I’ll post news on this forum!

Thanks

Stefano Daino
DSP-Quattro
Old 20th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaino View Post
Version 5 is under final internal beta testing.

It is a totally new 64 bits application with new 64 bits audio and new graphic engines, using the very last MacOS X technologies. It's based on a new single-window project, as you see using Logic or other DAWs.

This is how it looks like in this moment:

I’m doing everything is possible to make it ready for the public distribution in a very short time. If the internal beta testing goes right, I would like to build an open beta for registered users in 3/4 weeks from now.

Who purchased a license of version 4 after the 1st of November 2017 (and for who will purchase a version 4 license from now, of course) will benefit also of a free upgrade to version 5.

I’ll post news on this forum!

Thanks

Stefano Daino
DSP-Quattro
I must say this looks pretty nice. I bought DSP Quattro about 5 or 6 years ago but I didn't care for it and ended up going with WaveLab combined with Pro Tools and now REAPER for the initial analog processing. WaveLab montage is great for "in the box" work and finalizing masters but it's not great with the analog play/capture IMO. It can do it but there are too many limitations.

I'm quite happy with my current set up but I'm always curious to see another great OSX option out there.
Old 21st January 2018
Here for the gear

Looks great, Stefano. I had a look at DSP-Q back when BIAS went out of business, and liked the functionality but wasn't enthusiastic about the multi-window interface. So the new design is appealing. Thanks for the update and good luck with the upcoming release!

-Tom
Old 22nd January 2018
Gear Addict

Yay, looking forward to it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search