The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
PMC twotwo.6 cutting out
Old 4th July 2015
Gear Maniac

PMC twotwo.6 cutting out

Hi,

Got a pair of second hand 226's. every now and then one or both speakers make clicking sound and audio cuts out for a second then comes back in (happens a few times in succession and then plays fine again). This happens rarely (few times during 3 or 4 days of use). Any ideas what this may be/ anyone experienced similar?
Old 4th July 2015
Lives for gear

Verified Member
Hi Josha,

Ruairi here. I do a little work with PMC in the U.S. That's not normal behavior for the two two.6, assuming that the power circuit is solid.

PM me and we can talk through the scenarios it happens in. I will connect you with support at PMC UK that can help you with the issue.

All the best,
Ruairi
Old 5th July 2015
Lives for gear

Not normal at all. I've had a pair for a year and have never experienced that. Bought mine new from VKA. Love em. I try to stay away from second hand monitors. People really abuse monitors.
Old 5th July 2015
PMC TwoTwo.6

Hi there,

I had a power supply issue with my TwoTwo.6 speakers. PMC were excellent in sorting me out.

Originally, I was using a power sequencer for powering up my monitors. It turns out PMC strongly advise against using this method. They're meant to be regulated by their own power system. In other words, power them on and off via the menu on back. Don't use a sequencer!

After you got them fixed, plug them directly into the wall, or use a power source that's constantly left on. I had a similar issue to you before one of my amps failed.

It's an advanced speaker with quite a bit of tech. PMC should update their manual on operation. I plan on getting the remote, so I can simply turn them on/off and adjust them from my listening position.

Cheers,

Phil
Old 13th July 2019
Gear Addict
Hi, do you have AES input connected? Mine cut out intermittently. Turns out the DSP board that had replaced the original faulty one (RC1 remote wouldn’t connect to it) was faulty (AES input caused speakers to cut in and out)
EDIT- sorry, necro! Thread just popped up after commenting on a similar one.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search