The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 4,812
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 2,526
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

Hey guys, an area of my track is clipping and I'm not sure how or why. I'm working in elevate and I have the ceiling set at...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 1 views: 217
Edward Shnapper 18 hours ago

Hi all, So, I ain't new to the game of audio... but, I have to say, Mastering in just Software doesn't cut it at all. For...

Kayo
replies: 7 views: 862
b0se 1 day ago

I've recently mastered a few of my songs using Wavelab 9.5 and Ozone 8 with maybe some additional compression. The default...

dgc4rter
replies: 5 views: 293
batsbrew 6 days ago

Hi! I'm having an issue on the mastering side of things and wondered if one of you could shed some light on things. I...

Kris Pohl
replies: 2 views: 221
SmoothTone 2 weeks ago

An indie/folk client of mine had me master her songs for streaming. She chose a ceiling of 14 LUFS which I had no problem...

Symphony Sid
replies: 2 views: 533
SmoothTone 3 weeks ago

Hi all My mastering process is fairly simple, mostly because I don't pretend to be a mastering engineer. Basically, it is...

axemanchris
replies: 6 views: 640
SmoothTone 4 weeks ago

When I get our stuff mastered (we've used guys like Bob Ludwig, Sterling Sound guys, etc) and compare back to references, I don't...

Musickiks
replies: 1 views: 781
CJ Mastering 4 weeks ago

Hello All, I am producing Deep House, very musical, taking a lot of care about melody and harmony, in fact is not focused in...

Diaultra
replies: 16 views: 2,302
danyull 18th September 2019

Hi there, I'm after some advice /guidance. I'm a DIY musician recording for myself and friends. Recently recorded an EP and...

Shawnobi
replies: 4 views: 343
GYMusic 15th September 2019

Is it true that he gain "10dB" of headroom when he clips the master bus at "+10dB" with this...

mynet
replies: 1 views: 538
SmoothTone 15th September 2019

Hi i am starting to put out some music for myself and clients. I do not want to go off yet to a Master engineer. Hopefully down...

ktwalker76
replies: 6 views: 507
ktwalker76 5th September 2019

Hey guys. I'm curious. how do you pro mastering engineers go about getting the vocals to be level during an album? What is your...

dannydawiz
replies: 7 views: 450
CJ Mastering 29th August 2019

Hi, I would really appreciate some guidance with something, I’ve kinda been scratching my head about: I had a mix that...

phillus
replies: 5 views: 647
CJ Mastering 23rd August 2019

I don't really feel like I need to master my acoustic tracks that I record simply with 1 mic. I got about -1.1db headroom and...

lastcall
replies: 2 views: 477
CJ Mastering 23rd August 2019

I would like to try some mastering in studio one. What would be the best way to do it? I will want to master a couple of songs...

spektor
replies: 13 views: 884
CJ Mastering 11th August 2019

I'm interested in getting information about what LUFS level and perceived loudness tell us about the spectral balance of the mix...

The 6th Beatle
replies: 4 views: 762
jproc 4th August 2019

Or could the mastering chain be done all at the same time; EQ, compressor and limiter all set then the entire song(s) is passed...

slutbox
replies: 16 views: 1,224
E-Irizarry 21st June 2019

Is it because it is using analog compressor / gear? I tried to match those kind of volume and intensity. But i am only master...

1jordyzzz
replies: 84 views: 6,184
goom 24th May 2019

Hey all, I got a trial master (free) track back from an established engineer who has done big names. Not super big names but I...

Romdave
replies: 20 views: 1,187
bluedot 18th May 2019

I only have one song. I saw Justin P. make a comment. Why would you want to master an mp3? The studio owner passed away, shortly...

One Song
replies: 0 views: 155
One Song 12th May 2019

Hi, I've queried two relatively big name mastering engineers for a project I'm working on. I'd prefer to leave their names out...

Romdave
replies: 4 views: 745
Bushman 9th May 2019

Hi all, I'll start by saying thanks if you're reading this. I'm looking for some info about target delivery specs for audio...

StoneyBCN
replies: 7 views: 861
Deleted 691ca21 24th April 2019

In this video I do a mastering for my modular synth track with Free VST plugins & Ableton Live! I show my mastering process...

Spyart
replies: 0 views: 352
Spyart 9th April 2019

Simple question I think will be easily answered there: What hardware do I need to set up an entry level ITB mastering...

mrand
replies: 3 views: 678
Elsapo2001 27th March 2019

good morning people i am a newbie in mastering and by all means not a pro. i am involved in music and pro audio for over 20...

busty_audio
replies: 0 views: 482
busty_audio 19th March 2019

Hello All, Is there any where I can get unmastered tracks or audio to practice mastering techniques on? cheers!

Bytecrew
replies: 1 views: 701
Deleted e999d8e 13th March 2019

I am currently mixing on a project that was recorded live with about 80,000 people in attendance. Many shotgun mics were used to...

Honest Abe
replies: 11 views: 2,256
goom 4th March 2019

I have spent the last two years learning through experience that 0db on the final mix in the box is too loud. I started using...

BoomWomb
replies: 13 views: 1,279
goom 4th March 2019

Hey, I was looking at some reference tracks in my daw and noticed that some of my favorite tracks doesnt seem to be limited....

mister m
replies: 3 views: 773
mister m 18th February 2019

My mastering chain tends to look like this: Ferric TDS (tape dynamic simulator). Usually just a touch of this, as I've already...

B. Toast
replies: 1 views: 769
CJ Mastering 17th February 2019

Hi. Are any of you seasoned mastering engineers working with or worked with Focal Sopra 2 speakers? I have a chance of buying a...

fragment67
replies: 1 views: 682
CJ Mastering 17th February 2019

I am having troubling from mastering Ableton in to logic. I have Ozone I am just not certain wither I should use it in ableton or...

ry.w.collins
replies: 1 views: 665
CJ Mastering 16th February 2019

I'm new to mastering and working on a fairly long song using Logic X. If I open the Loudness Meter and start at the loudest...

deern
replies: 1 views: 936
Henrik Hjortnaes 10th February 2019

I'm mastering a song that I hope can be submitted to streaming services who recommend -2.0 dBTP. According to Logic Pro's Level...

deern
replies: 5 views: 786
FabienTDR 3rd February 2019

I'm new to mastering (Logic X Pro) and want to put my songs on Bandcamp and Spotify. Spotify's FAQ page specifies "that...

deern
replies: 0 views: 561
deern 30th January 2019

im in the mixing process of a song and im lacking some high end in the overall mix is it ok to strap a eq on the master channel?...

Newbie956
replies: 5 views: 1,150
FreshProduce 30th January 2019

Hey guys, something that's really bugging me and hopefully someone could help out. If I have sonarworks at the end of my...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 4 views: 721
busty_audio 9th January 2019

Hello, Does anyone within Europe have the Golden Ears Audio Ear Training Programme CDs that they would like to sell? Thanks.

fragment67
replies: 0 views: 569
fragment67 9th January 2019

Hi, I've been doing a lot of amateur mastering (yeah..) for years for friends, which are mostly jams, experimental or arty...

Data_Shrine
replies: 2 views: 763
Data_Shrine 1st January 2019

good morning slutz i need some help concerning the calibration level in my a/d. it is already at +4dbu / -18dbfs for my...

busty_audio
replies: 1 views: 531
S_mask 28th December 2018

Hi, I have been mastering itb, but just took delivery of a Tegeler Manufaktur master compressor. I have been using a Roland...

frodebass
replies: 1 views: 516
MASSIVE Master 6th December 2018

Heya!! Dunno if this is the right place to post but here goes. I wanna practice some mixing and mastering but i dont know...

angelairevenger
replies: 2 views: 949
MASSIVE Master 3rd December 2018

So here's my question. Let's say I'm targeting -14 LUFS with a -1dBTP headroom that Spotify asks for. When I'm using Pro L2 for...

Jargonfilter
replies: 2 views: 760
Jargonfilter 2nd December 2018

Looking for opinions on whether it makes sense for me to re-use tape multiple times. I have a bulk eraser, but I typically don't...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 504
BoomWomb 24th November 2018

Hi all: I have been producing for about 20 years now. Started at the bottom with hardware that I could afford and later moved...

tuj
replies: 10 views: 1,815
MixedSignals 12th November 2018

Hello, im just starting out in the mastering world. I'm using Prism Lyra converters, a Fabfilter Pro Limiter and FF Pro Q 2 and...

fragment67
replies: 7 views: 932
ira_the_mick 31st October 2018

Hello, I recently posted an ad asking for advice on speakers for mastering for around £1000 for a beginner, which brought in a...

fragment67
replies: 2 views: 569
fragment67 28th October 2018

I would like to know for streaming and bandcamp. I love dynamics and air. What rms to master at? Thank you. Is it important to be...

spektor
replies: 15 views: 4,660
MUSICMUSIC 20th October 2018

I'm looking for a freeware program that can normalize audio to a certain RMS value. Something I can explain easy how to use for...

cooker
replies: 6 views: 792
spleenless 16th October 2018

Hi guys, First post! I apologise in advance if this post gets a bit long-winded, and I'd really appreciate any advice! I've...

ChewyJetpack
replies: 6 views: 1,115
poole 1st October 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search