2nd December 2020 Views: 206
Views: 206
2nd December 2020
Announcement: Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 1,076
Views: 1,076
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 6,542
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 4,699
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

Hi all, Here's a newb sort of question for one of the many patient mastering engineers present. I'm learning how to limit...

timboalogo
replies: 0 views: 29
timboalogo 1 hour ago

hi everyone, what are your advices for preparing a good mix before it's mastered? By looking around I saw that there are...

DanMartini
replies: 0 views: 49
DanMartini 4 hours ago

hi everyone, I'm working on a master where I'm using Izope's dynamics and I realized I went too far expanding the high end,...

DanMartini
replies: 4 views: 106
DanMartini 1 day ago

Hi! I am fighting with a track and I’m looking for guidance. The mix sounds good, but the snare tends to lose significantly...

Andrea
replies: 5 views: 222
Andrea 4 days ago

From 'back in the day"... ....I am used to using a TC Finalizer + 96k. But the one I have is in use. I need another 2 Ch...

Jules
replies: 8 views: 440
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hello there. I run a YouTube channel where I make video essays on shows/movies that I like. Currently, to record my voice, I use...

snspuderman
replies: 3 views: 166
ambiguous signal 1 week ago

I'll make it short and sweet: Best modern interface ~$500 with mastering quality D/A converters? Shoot!

NickLeoAudio
replies: 57 views: 2,639
B.Collins 2 weeks ago

Hi there, since a DDPi can be sent in higher resolution that 1648 does it make sense to let the pressing factory take care of...

DanMartini
replies: 6 views: 201
CJ Mastering 2 weeks ago

Hey guys! Quick question. Running Logic Pro X. Looking to run audio out of my interface and BACK in for printing. But looking to...

rallycapmusic
replies: 2 views: 370
rallycapmusic 3 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 134
db9091 3 weeks ago

Hi! I'm having an issue on the mastering side of things and wondered if one of you could shed some light on things. I...

Kris Pohl
replies: 5 views: 708
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hello, Does anyone within Europe have the Golden Ears Audio Ear Training Programme CDs that they would like to sell? Thanks.

fragment67
replies: 1 views: 1,038
Jules 4 weeks ago

First let me say that I TRY to master my music and I'm in no way a Pro, although I've been working at it for some years now....

Ave.
replies: 14 views: 8,280
Oafashow 28th October 2020

The rise of home recordists and audio hobbyists have impacted the professional territory of the music industry. Currently a trend...

coreyspencer
replies: 1 views: 178
coreyspencer 28th October 2020

I have a stem of high hats and shakers where the shakers are way too quiet but the highhats are good I don't want to mess with...

dirtROBOT
replies: 3 views: 166
dirtROBOT 23rd October 2020

When I first got into recording back in 2005 I simply loved capturing performances or song ideas. With kids a long hiatus came...

melodic dreamer
replies: 0 views: 145
melodic dreamer 21st October 2020

Hi, I read that the recommend LUFS today for YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music is -14LUFS so I check a few songs. I downloaded from...

aviorrok
replies: 7 views: 1,033
aviorrok 19th October 2020

I’ve searched for previous threads but was looking for a bit more discussion if possible. I only do this as a hobbyist, but am...

DamianL
replies: 23 views: 548
deedeeyeah 16th October 2020

Sceptre S8+TS108 User here,also has adam a7x & NS10M pro. I'm very satisfied with Sceptre's sound field performance and...

Felix233
replies: 75 views: 4,083
ZENSIX 12th October 2020

Hello Gearslutzzz, I'm doing some audio recordings again - after a 10 years break or so - and I need some help. I have...

_barnee
replies: 3 views: 233
_barnee 12th October 2020

Hi all, I'm a high school teacher show is starting a big project that will involve the recording, editing and mixing of...

chiasson
replies: 3 views: 229
chiasson 10th October 2020

Looking to have a couple of mixes recorded to cassette and back into Pro Tools for an alternative release. Anyone ever do this,...

tnipe
replies: 11 views: 530
DirkP 5th October 2020

Hi all, Question for everyone here, but especially the Mastering Engineers if they don't mind. How in the hell do you master so...

Ferg1
replies: 42 views: 12,003
lucey 2nd October 2020

"Mastering for Beginners:" Isn't that a bit like 'DIY Unexploded Bomb Disposal?'

razorboy
replies: 2 views: 367
razorboy 10th September 2020

Situation: The project in question has both vocal and plug-in instrument tracks. I plan to prepare this project to be mixed and...

MusicMayqer
replies: 3 views: 306
CJ Mastering 1st September 2020

I'm currently working on a song which has two vocals one is male vocal and the other is female vocal. I'm using...

josejayant13
replies: 2 views: 251
SmoothTone 29th August 2020

A song I recently mixed and did my own make it louder master was uploaded to Reverbnation. On playback it sounds compressed and...

Jeff Tummond
replies: 5 views: 220
Jeff Tummond 29th August 2020

Hi everybody, I recently started a collaboration as mixing and mastering engineer for a small funky house / disco house...

Concept B.
replies: 1 views: 199
CJ Mastering 29th August 2020

Hi guys, I got a track mastered and the engineer gave me a version that is less compressed (in terms of dynamics) for streaming...

Jackdc100
replies: 2 views: 201
Jackdc100 28th August 2020

Hi all, My first question on the board, I think. I have a project that I will master that contains a range of genres and...

timboalogo
replies: 4 views: 432
timboalogo 11th August 2020

im in the mixing process of a song and im lacking some high end in the overall mix is it ok to strap a eq on the master channel?...

Newbie956
replies: 6 views: 2,022
RobertRyda 6th August 2020

Hi there, I'm new to mastering so apologies if this is obvious.. :) Thank you in advance for your help. Two...

hellojoshgraham
replies: 1 views: 398
kuasalogam 24th July 2020

I am new to the site. I came on here specifically to seek advice on having a song mastered. I'm an artist that lost the original...

Tigertron
replies: 1 views: 293
SmoothTone 15th July 2020

Hello! I'm having a hard time finding my 1st Mastering EQ. I've had my eyes set on the Maag 4M, TK-Lizer 2 and a few others in...

optikstrange
replies: 5 views: 632
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 15th July 2020

Hi Guys, I hope you experts out there can help me out with this mastering question I have. Most of the reference tracks I...

fender__
replies: 4 views: 463
msmucr 6th July 2020

My masters often come out quiet because I don’t push limiter as hard due to crackling (probably distortion would be more...

TS-12
replies: 6 views: 651
SmoothTone 5th July 2020

Like the title says, is there a standard for this? How much silence do you leave on the actual file? In HOFA I can make the pre...

Trebor75
replies: 4 views: 565
Mindtree 30th June 2020

I have Bob Katz's Mastering Audio (3rd edition) and was just wondering if it's worth buying Bobby Owsinski's book on mastering? I...

Deleted eaed1be
replies: 5 views: 508
bgood 28th June 2020

Hi everyone, I'm upgrading my monitors and wondering if the PMC Result 6 are up to task for mastering? As I understand it,...

Deleted eaed1be
replies: 1 views: 546
CJ Mastering 19th June 2020

Totally newbie here at mastering, but id like to try my hand in it, I mostly do things inside the box. so what plugins do you...

sunken0887
replies: 4 views: 641
CJ Mastering 10th June 2020

Hi all, The ME I've chosen for my latest project has asked me to please "leave off any peak limiting or loudness...

Romdave
replies: 4 views: 412
RyanM 15th May 2020

I am certainly no expert on loudness, but even I can tell I am missing the boat by looking at this file. Also, if I compare it to...

777funk
replies: 7 views: 887
777funk 7th May 2020

Hello all, I was wondering if I control my peaks the right way, just to make it easier for my compressors on my master...

Volt9
replies: 4 views: 633
Volt9 6th May 2020

I know Mastering is a fine art, but I just wanted some advice on simple Home mastering to get a healthy mastered stereo...

flsh333
replies: 4 views: 529
flsh333 5th May 2020

Hi guys,like in the title i do electronic and trapstep music. I obviously love 808 fat bass and big,warm and punchy kicks. I...

808lab
replies: 7 views: 651
DAH 4th May 2020

I've recently mastered a few of my songs using Wavelab 9.5 and Ozone 8 with maybe some additional compression. The default...

dgc4rter
replies: 9 views: 1,703
Vum 28th April 2020

Hi guys,recently i’ve buyed the uad chandler mastering eq. Now,after some search online,i’ve decide to start demoing the...

808lab
replies: 1 views: 587
01010110 27th April 2020

Im looking to improve my mixes. Ive been doing this since 2003 but recently just tore apart my technique and am trying to break...

cap217
replies: 27 views: 1,004
cap217 26th April 2020

Hi i am using Sonoris TPDF no curve 16b dither to bounce out my Master sessions. I am very happy with the clarity of sound with...

ktwalker76
replies: 3 views: 876
traumerei1838 23rd April 2020

Or could the mastering chain be done all at the same time; EQ, compressor and limiter all set then the entire song(s) is passed...

slutbox
replies: 23 views: 2,423
soundslikejeremy 12th April 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search