The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 6,320
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 4,401
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

"Mastering for Beginners:" Isn't that a bit like 'DIY Unexploded Bomb Disposal?'

razorboy
replies: 2 views: 207
razorboy 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Question for everyone here, but especially the Mastering Engineers if they don't mind. How in the hell do you master so...

Ferg1
replies: 36 views: 11,313
JT3 Production 2 weeks ago

Situation: The project in question has both vocal and plug-in instrument tracks. I plan to prepare this project to be mixed and...

MusicMayqer
replies: 3 views: 266
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

I'm currently working on a song which has two vocals one is male vocal and the other is female vocal. I'm using...

josejayant13
replies: 2 views: 180
SmoothTone 3 weeks ago

A song I recently mixed and did my own make it louder master was uploaded to Reverbnation. On playback it sounds compressed and...

Jeff Tummond
replies: 5 views: 170
Jeff Tummond 3 weeks ago

Hi everybody, I recently started a collaboration as mixing and mastering engineer for a small funky house / disco house...

Concept B.
replies: 1 views: 141
CJ Mastering 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, I got a track mastered and the engineer gave me a version that is less compressed (in terms of dynamics) for streaming...

Jackdc100
replies: 2 views: 144
Jackdc100 4 weeks ago

Hi all, My first question on the board, I think. I have a project that I will master that contains a range of genres and...

timboalogo
replies: 4 views: 360
timboalogo 11th August 2020

im in the mixing process of a song and im lacking some high end in the overall mix is it ok to strap a eq on the master channel?...

Newbie956
replies: 6 views: 1,909
RobertRyda 6th August 2020

Hi there, I'm new to mastering so apologies if this is obvious.. :) Thank you in advance for your help. Two...

hellojoshgraham
replies: 1 views: 324
kuasalogam 24th July 2020

I am new to the site. I came on here specifically to seek advice on having a song mastered. I'm an artist that lost the original...

Tigertron
replies: 1 views: 262
SmoothTone 15th July 2020

Hello! I'm having a hard time finding my 1st Mastering EQ. I've had my eyes set on the Maag 4M, TK-Lizer 2 and a few others in...

optikstrange
replies: 5 views: 496
IAMGOD_OFFICIAL 15th July 2020

Hi Guys, I hope you experts out there can help me out with this mastering question I have. Most of the reference tracks I...

fender__
replies: 4 views: 383
msmucr 6th July 2020

My masters often come out quiet because I don’t push limiter as hard due to crackling (probably distortion would be more...

TS-12
replies: 6 views: 509
SmoothTone 5th July 2020

Like the title says, is there a standard for this? How much silence do you leave on the actual file? In HOFA I can make the pre...

Trebor75
replies: 4 views: 484
Mindtree 30th June 2020

I have Bob Katz's Mastering Audio (3rd edition) and was just wondering if it's worth buying Bobby Owsinski's book on mastering? I...

Deleted eaed1be
replies: 5 views: 426
bgood 28th June 2020

Hi everyone, I'm upgrading my monitors and wondering if the PMC Result 6 are up to task for mastering? As I understand it,...

Deleted eaed1be
replies: 1 views: 402
CJ Mastering 19th June 2020

Totally newbie here at mastering, but id like to try my hand in it, I mostly do things inside the box. so what plugins do you...

sunken0887
replies: 4 views: 557
CJ Mastering 10th June 2020

First let me say that I TRY to master my music and I'm in no way a Pro, although I've been working at it for some years now....

Ave.
replies: 13 views: 7,664
mardyMcFly 21st May 2020

Hi all, The ME I've chosen for my latest project has asked me to please "leave off any peak limiting or loudness...

Romdave
replies: 4 views: 363
RyanM 15th May 2020

I am certainly no expert on loudness, but even I can tell I am missing the boat by looking at this file. Also, if I compare it to...

777funk
replies: 7 views: 776
777funk 7th May 2020

Hello all, I was wondering if I control my peaks the right way, just to make it easier for my compressors on my master...

Volt9
replies: 4 views: 570
Volt9 6th May 2020

I know Mastering is a fine art, but I just wanted some advice on simple Home mastering to get a healthy mastered stereo...

flsh333
replies: 4 views: 475
flsh333 5th May 2020

Hi guys,like in the title i do electronic and trapstep music. I obviously love 808 fat bass and big,warm and punchy kicks. I...

808lab
replies: 7 views: 536
DAH 4th May 2020

I've recently mastered a few of my songs using Wavelab 9.5 and Ozone 8 with maybe some additional compression. The default...

dgc4rter
replies: 9 views: 1,587
Vum 28th April 2020

Hi guys,recently i’ve buyed the uad chandler mastering eq. Now,after some search online,i’ve decide to start demoing the...

808lab
replies: 1 views: 533
01010110 27th April 2020

Im looking to improve my mixes. Ive been doing this since 2003 but recently just tore apart my technique and am trying to break...

cap217
replies: 27 views: 942
cap217 26th April 2020

Hi i am using Sonoris TPDF no curve 16b dither to bounce out my Master sessions. I am very happy with the clarity of sound with...

ktwalker76
replies: 3 views: 586
traumerei1838 23rd April 2020

Or could the mastering chain be done all at the same time; EQ, compressor and limiter all set then the entire song(s) is passed...

slutbox
replies: 23 views: 2,284
soundslikejeremy 12th April 2020

Must I use unmastered audio source to practice or can I also use commercial CDs that's already been mastered?

slutbox
replies: 10 views: 1,252
CJ Mastering 12th April 2020

Really annoyed. If i master one of my songs with headphones, it sounds the way i want with headphones but bad with speakers. If i...

AlexAston
replies: 10 views: 1,278
biksonije 11th April 2020

Sceptre S8+TS108 User here,also has adam a7x & NS10M pro. I'm very satisfied with Sceptre's sound field performance and...

Felix233
replies: 74 views: 3,696
Carl Freeland 10th April 2020

Hello! i am trying the ozone bundle and i just wanted to know which are your favourite settings for the...

mrcrowly
replies: 1 views: 451
CJ Mastering 10th April 2020

So my partner had a song mastered by a professional mastering house. Half the song was supplied to take home to listen to. As I...

Shawnobi
replies: 4 views: 308
Shawnobi 8th April 2020

Hi i am wondering the best way to dither from 24b to 16b for mastered cd distribution. I am using Pro Tools to Master. Should i...

ktwalker76
replies: 17 views: 451
CJ Mastering 3rd April 2020

Just finished a track. The genre is "soundtrack-ish", hybrid, mostly acoustic sounds (strings, vocal, horns etc). I did...

zahush76
replies: 1 views: 248
CJ Mastering 28th March 2020

Hi i am just in the box. I am Mastering a clients track synth electro music and they really want the kick cleaned and pushed...

ktwalker76
replies: 15 views: 798
SmoothTone 24th March 2020

Hi, can an ME or semi pro please recommend me a final limiter for MAstering. I have been trying chaining plugin limiters...

ktwalker76
replies: 14 views: 2,510
ktwalker76 7th March 2020

I'm having trouble with distortion being introduced when mastering. I can hear it when I isolate the bass and lead guitar. It...

CarvinAbuser
replies: 9 views: 1,551
Bushman 7th March 2020

I think I didn't leave enough headroom so I'm curious if I can go back to lower the master fader instead to allow headroom when...

slutbox
replies: 1 views: 633
CJ Mastering 29th February 2020

So I'm new to mastering and I bought this Finalizer app thing when it was on 50% discount for my home studio, now I'm trying to...

thesheep
replies: 4 views: 670
thesheep 15th February 2020

Hello, I have some questions concerning my home-mastering. (Which is fun to do - for releases I give it to a mastering...

Noise Commander
replies: 1 views: 519
CJ Mastering 14th February 2020

Is there any point in buying a room EQ package with measuring microphone if one have available a handheld spectrum analyser? I...

tlindaas
replies: 4 views: 505
deedeeyeah 5th February 2020

Hey guys, an area of my track is clipping and I'm not sure how or why. I'm working in elevate and I have the ceiling set at...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 13 views: 879
DGillespie 31st January 2020

Awhile back, a friend who DJs at a college station played my music (.wav file) on the radio but it sounded clipped and distorted....

deern
replies: 23 views: 1,230
12ax7 30th January 2020

I'm an aspiring mixing/mastering engineer (not sure which route I want to go) as well as a beat maker, and I cannot for the life...

Obe1
replies: 18 views: 2,482
Carl Freeland 29th January 2020

Is it because it is using analog compressor / gear? I tried to match those kind of volume and intensity. But i am only master...

1jordyzzz
replies: 89 views: 10,740
Carl Freeland 29th January 2020

I have a good mid-tier set of Mackie monitors that I use for everything leading up to the mastering stage. But of course,...

deern
replies: 4 views: 654
SmoothTone 26th January 2020

I would like to know for streaming and bandcamp. I love dynamics and air. What rms to master at? Thank you. Is it important to be...

spektor
replies: 16 views: 13,066
hello people 21st January 2020

Hey all, running into a new problem and was curious if you had any advice. The record I'm working on is intended to be...

Seamoss
replies: 1 views: 437
SmoothTone 17th January 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search