The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,014
Views: 2,014
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 4,264
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 1,713
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

Hey all, I got a trial master (free) track back from an established engineer who has done big names. Not super big names but I...

Romdave
replies: 20 views: 625
bluedot 1 day ago

Hi, I've queried two relatively big name mastering engineers for a project I'm working on. I'd prefer to leave their names out...

Romdave
replies: 4 views: 443
Bushman 1 week ago

Hi all, I'll start by saying thanks if you're reading this. I'm looking for some info about target delivery specs for audio...

StoneyBCN
replies: 7 views: 561
Hermetech Mastering 3 weeks ago

Or could the mastering chain be done all at the same time; EQ, compressor and limiter all set then the entire song(s) is passed...

slutbox
replies: 15 views: 710
CJ Mastering 14th April 2019

In this video I do a mastering for my modular synth track with Free VST plugins & Ableton Live! I show my mastering process...

Spyart
replies: 0 views: 233
Spyart 9th April 2019

Simple question I think will be easily answered there: What hardware do I need to set up an entry level ITB mastering...

mrand
replies: 3 views: 379
Elsapo2001 27th March 2019

good morning people i am a newbie in mastering and by all means not a pro. i am involved in music and pro audio for over 20...

busty_audio
replies: 0 views: 289
busty_audio 19th March 2019

Hello All, Is there any where I can get unmastered tracks or audio to practice mastering techniques on? cheers!

Bytecrew
replies: 1 views: 426
Poinzy 13th March 2019

I am currently mixing on a project that was recorded live with about 80,000 people in attendance. Many shotgun mics were used to...

Honest Abe
replies: 11 views: 1,809
goom 4th March 2019

I have spent the last two years learning through experience that 0db on the final mix in the box is too loud. I started using...

BoomWomb
replies: 13 views: 943
goom 4th March 2019

Hey, I was looking at some reference tracks in my daw and noticed that some of my favorite tracks doesnt seem to be limited....

mister m
replies: 3 views: 529
mister m 18th February 2019

My mastering chain tends to look like this: Ferric TDS (tape dynamic simulator). Usually just a touch of this, as I've already...

B. Toast
replies: 1 views: 488
CJ Mastering 17th February 2019

Hi. Are any of you seasoned mastering engineers working with or worked with Focal Sopra 2 speakers? I have a chance of buying a...

fragment67
replies: 1 views: 398
CJ Mastering 17th February 2019

I am having troubling from mastering Ableton in to logic. I have Ozone I am just not certain wither I should use it in ableton or...

ry.w.collins
replies: 1 views: 429
CJ Mastering 16th February 2019

I'm new to mastering and working on a fairly long song using Logic X. If I open the Loudness Meter and start at the loudest...

deern
replies: 1 views: 528
Henrik Hjortnaes 10th February 2019

I'm mastering a song that I hope can be submitted to streaming services who recommend -2.0 dBTP. According to Logic Pro's Level...

deern
replies: 5 views: 510
FabienTDR 3rd February 2019

Hello All, I am producing Deep House, very musical, taking a lot of care about melody and harmony, in fact is not focused in...

Diaultra
replies: 14 views: 1,273
Hermetech Mastering 31st January 2019

I'm new to mastering (Logic X Pro) and want to put my songs on Bandcamp and Spotify. Spotify's FAQ page specifies "that...

deern
replies: 0 views: 372
deern 30th January 2019

im in the mixing process of a song and im lacking some high end in the overall mix is it ok to strap a eq on the master channel?...

Newbie956
replies: 5 views: 793
FreshProduce 30th January 2019

Hey guys, something that's really bugging me and hopefully someone could help out. If I have sonarworks at the end of my...

Edward Shnapper
replies: 4 views: 494
busty_audio 9th January 2019

Hello, Does anyone within Europe have the Golden Ears Audio Ear Training Programme CDs that they would like to sell? Thanks.

fragment67
replies: 0 views: 335
fragment67 9th January 2019

Hi, I've been doing a lot of amateur mastering (yeah..) for years for friends, which are mostly jams, experimental or arty...

Data_Shrine
replies: 2 views: 509
Data_Shrine 1st January 2019

good morning slutz i need some help concerning the calibration level in my a/d. it is already at +4dbu / -18dbfs for my...

busty_audio
replies: 1 views: 378
S_mask 28th December 2018

Hi, I have been mastering itb, but just took delivery of a Tegeler Manufaktur master compressor. I have been using a Roland...

frodebass
replies: 1 views: 361
MASSIVE Master 6th December 2018

Heya!! Dunno if this is the right place to post but here goes. I wanna practice some mixing and mastering but i dont know...

angelairevenger
replies: 2 views: 725
MASSIVE Master 3rd December 2018

So here's my question. Let's say I'm targeting -14 LUFS with a -1dBTP headroom that Spotify asks for. When I'm using Pro L2 for...

Jargonfilter
replies: 2 views: 507
Jargonfilter 2nd December 2018

Looking for opinions on whether it makes sense for me to re-use tape multiple times. I have a bulk eraser, but I typically don't...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 367
BoomWomb 24th November 2018

Hi all: I have been producing for about 20 years now. Started at the bottom with hardware that I could afford and later moved...

tuj
replies: 10 views: 1,152
MixedSignals 12th November 2018

Hello, im just starting out in the mastering world. I'm using Prism Lyra converters, a Fabfilter Pro Limiter and FF Pro Q 2 and...

fragment67
replies: 7 views: 709
ira_the_mick 31st October 2018

Hello, I recently posted an ad asking for advice on speakers for mastering for around £1000 for a beginner, which brought in a...

fragment67
replies: 2 views: 413
fragment67 28th October 2018

I would like to know for streaming and bandcamp. I love dynamics and air. What rms to master at? Thank you. Is it important to be...

spektor
replies: 15 views: 2,112
MUSICMUSIC 20th October 2018

I'm looking for a freeware program that can normalize audio to a certain RMS value. Something I can explain easy how to use for...

cooker
replies: 6 views: 563
spleenless 16th October 2018

Hi guys, First post! I apologise in advance if this post gets a bit long-winded, and I'd really appreciate any advice! I've...

ChewyJetpack
replies: 6 views: 843
poole 1st October 2018

Dithering advice please. My source files are 32b / 96k. For 16b /44k files would it be better to render/ dither directly to 16b /...

ceemusic
replies: 3 views: 631
SmoothTone 22nd September 2018

After searching the web and here, I think I have a good understanding on how MFIT works but there are some things I couldn't get...

cooker
replies: 2 views: 450
cooker 19th September 2018

Hello everyone, I have a question here: I need to send a CD Master to a label. For this, I of course have dithered the files...

Suspiria
replies: 2 views: 498
CJ Mastering 14th September 2018

Hi I recently bought a copy of Wavelab Pro 9.5 and I am struggling to wrap my head around one specific thing. I...

Kris Pohl
replies: 0 views: 417
Kris Pohl 12th September 2018

I was curious as to how some of my favourite songs/albums, when analyzed, have waveforms that don't fully brickwall near 0dbFS on...

MogwaiBoy
replies: 2 views: 574
MixedSignals 9th September 2018

Hey people, So my digital distribution company is telling me that Spotify is asking for a FLAC file of my master. Whether...

semur01
replies: 11 views: 1,778
ninjagaijin 6th September 2018

Hey Guys, Just wanted some advice, I have the opportunity to buy some brand new genelec 1236A for $9500. Primary use would be...

Truthtrader
replies: 1 views: 722
Jantex 29th August 2018

I recently read an article that was an interview with my favorite electronic band, and one of the members gave a very interesting...

mrdos
replies: 12 views: 1,636
Weile 24th August 2018

Is it because it is using analog compressor / gear? I tried to match those kind of volume and intensity. But i am only master...

1jordyzzz
replies: 83 views: 4,165
bgrotto 20th August 2018

Good day I’m interested in learning to Master audio and have decided to begin ITB and see if it’s for me. I was wondering...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 844
[email protected] 16th August 2018

Hoping to get some really wise, foresighted, info, out of this question. I make EMD, rap and hiphop.... I want to really stress...

Camplo
replies: 2 views: 780
Camplo 7th August 2018

Hi! I would like an information of who usually works with analog and AD clip. 1. Is it possible to keep unit gain until it...

gilmanoel
replies: 3 views: 572
SmoothTone 4th August 2018

Hello, I've having some difficulty with the low end in this track and I am looking for advice. Specifically, I can't seem to...

fender4593
replies: 1 views: 704
CJ Mastering 20th July 2018

My question specifically pertains to workflow when preparing to send multiple tracks through a compression element of an analogue...

James Lehmann
replies: 4 views: 786
James Lehmann 15th June 2018

The question is, does it make sense? I only did mastering ITB so far, but I would love to get some nice stereo eq for polishing...

Christian C
replies: 1 views: 848
Christian C 12th June 2018

Hi, I've been working on a record which is just instrumental/soundtracks (it's a concept kind of thing) and all of the songs...

tridlo
replies: 3 views: 1,072
Riccardo 11th June 2018

Did a Twitch stream today covering my hybrid in the box and analog setup mastering tutorial. I'm not the most eloquent speaker...

fuse
replies: 0 views: 674
fuse 2nd June 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search