The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is a place for engineers starting out seeking advice about the fundamentals of mastering. Seasoned pros with a bit of time and...

Riccardo
replies: 0 views: 3,715
Riccardo 27th March 2016

Let me take a moment to type up a PQ primer... PQ codes refer to 2 of the 8 subcode channels P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, that run...

jayfrigo
replies: 0 views: 1,084
jayfrigo 12th May 2008

im in the mixing process of a song and im lacking some high end in the overall mix is it ok to strap a eq on the master channel?...

Newbie956
replies: 3 views: 340
CJ Mastering 1 week ago

Hi, I have been mastering itb, but just took delivery of a Tegeler Manufaktur master compressor. I have been using a Roland...

frodebass
replies: 1 views: 203
MASSIVE Master 1 week ago

Heya!! Dunno if this is the right place to post but here goes. I wanna practice some mixing and mastering but i dont know...

angelairevenger
replies: 2 views: 424
MASSIVE Master 1 week ago

So here's my question. Let's say I'm targeting -14 LUFS with a -1dBTP headroom that Spotify asks for. When I'm using Pro L2 for...

Jargonfilter
replies: 2 views: 225
Jargonfilter 1 week ago

Looking for opinions on whether it makes sense for me to re-use tape multiple times. I have a bulk eraser, but I typically don't...

BoomWomb
replies: 3 views: 238
BoomWomb 2 weeks ago

good morning slutz i need some help concerning the calibration level in my a/d. it is already at +4dbu / -18dbfs for my...

busty_audio
replies: 0 views: 175
busty_audio 3 weeks ago

I have spent the last two years learning through experience that 0db on the final mix in the box is too loud. I started using...

BoomWomb
replies: 10 views: 540
FreshProduce 4 weeks ago

Hi all: I have been producing for about 20 years now. Started at the bottom with hardware that I could afford and later moved...

tuj
replies: 10 views: 541
MixedSignals 4 weeks ago

Hello, im just starting out in the mastering world. I'm using Prism Lyra converters, a Fabfilter Pro Limiter and FF Pro Q 2 and...

fragment67
replies: 7 views: 436
ira_the_mick 31st October 2018

Hello, I recently posted an ad asking for advice on speakers for mastering for around £1000 for a beginner, which brought in a...

fragment67
replies: 2 views: 300
fragment67 28th October 2018

I would like to know for streaming and bandcamp. I love dynamics and air. What rms to master at? Thank you. Is it important to be...

spektor
replies: 15 views: 1,012
MUSICMUSIC 20th October 2018

I'm looking for a freeware program that can normalize audio to a certain RMS value. Something I can explain easy how to use for...

cooker
replies: 6 views: 375
spleenless 16th October 2018

Hello All, I am producing Deep House, very musical, taking a lot of care about melody and harmony, in fact is not focused in...

Diaultra
replies: 10 views: 672
Diaultra 15th October 2018

Hi guys, First post! I apologise in advance if this post gets a bit long-winded, and I'd really appreciate any advice! I've...

ChewyJetpack
replies: 6 views: 567
poole 1st October 2018

Dithering advice please. My source files are 32b / 96k. For 16b /44k files would it be better to render/ dither directly to 16b /...

ceemusic
replies: 3 views: 490
SmoothTone 22nd September 2018

After searching the web and here, I think I have a good understanding on how MFIT works but there are some things I couldn't get...

cooker
replies: 2 views: 328
cooker 19th September 2018

Hello everyone, I have a question here: I need to send a CD Master to a label. For this, I of course have dithered the files...

Suspiria
replies: 2 views: 374
CJ Mastering 14th September 2018

Hi I recently bought a copy of Wavelab Pro 9.5 and I am struggling to wrap my head around one specific thing. I...

Kris Pohl
replies: 0 views: 321
Kris Pohl 12th September 2018

I was curious as to how some of my favourite songs/albums, when analyzed, have waveforms that don't fully brickwall near 0dbFS on...

MogwaiBoy
replies: 2 views: 444
MixedSignals 9th September 2018

Hey people, So my digital distribution company is telling me that Spotify is asking for a FLAC file of my master. Whether...

semur01
replies: 11 views: 1,343
ninjagaijin 6th September 2018

Hey Guys, Just wanted some advice, I have the opportunity to buy some brand new genelec 1236A for $9500. Primary use would be...

Truthtrader
replies: 1 views: 452
Jantex 29th August 2018

I recently read an article that was an interview with my favorite electronic band, and one of the members gave a very interesting...

mrdos
replies: 12 views: 1,491
Weile 24th August 2018

Is it because it is using analog compressor / gear? I tried to match those kind of volume and intensity. But i am only master...

1jordyzzz
replies: 83 views: 2,828
bgrotto 20th August 2018

Good day I’m interested in learning to Master audio and have decided to begin ITB and see if it’s for me. I was wondering...

[email protected]
replies: 2 views: 607
[email protected] 16th August 2018

Hoping to get some really wise, foresighted, info, out of this question. I make EMD, rap and hiphop.... I want to really stress...

Camplo
replies: 2 views: 492
Camplo 7th August 2018

Hi! I would like an information of who usually works with analog and AD clip. 1. Is it possible to keep unit gain until it...

gilmanoel
replies: 3 views: 444
SmoothTone 4th August 2018

Hello, I've having some difficulty with the low end in this track and I am looking for advice. Specifically, I can't seem to...

fender4593
replies: 1 views: 567
CJ Mastering 20th July 2018

My question specifically pertains to workflow when preparing to send multiple tracks through a compression element of an analogue...

James Lehmann
replies: 4 views: 632
James Lehmann 15th June 2018

The question is, does it make sense? I only did mastering ITB so far, but I would love to get some nice stereo eq for polishing...

Christian C
replies: 1 views: 628
Christian C 12th June 2018

Hi, I've been working on a record which is just instrumental/soundtracks (it's a concept kind of thing) and all of the songs...

tridlo
replies: 3 views: 909
Riccardo 11th June 2018

Did a Twitch stream today covering my hybrid in the box and analog setup mastering tutorial. I'm not the most eloquent speaker...

fuse
replies: 0 views: 557
fuse 2nd June 2018

Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how should a spectrum analyser look on a good mixdown for general dance...

Noodlez
replies: 24 views: 19,194
CJ Mastering 27th May 2018

What with Yanny and Lauren exploding all over social media right now, which is very similar to the Tritone Paradox that many of...

mitchiemasha
replies: 4 views: 650
mitchiemasha 21st May 2018

would like to understand the use of a compressor in mastering in conjunction with a limiter. Why isn't the limiter alone...

andy3
replies: 5 views: 932
Hermetech Mastering 13th May 2018

I'm an amateur making two-channel Blumlein recordings of a singer-songwriter who has no mic technique. In an otherwise lovely...

Mike48
replies: 8 views: 534
bitman 11th May 2018

Hey, When mastering for vinyl, how do you make cue-sheets? I'm on mac.

mister m
replies: 2 views: 779
Justin P. 7th May 2018

Hello slutz: I just recently got into mastering, and I feel like my masters are decent can definitely improve but who can't....

Mixedbyloveway
replies: 8 views: 991
chazmar 26th April 2018

this question probably gets asked a lot and i may have asked it before. i still need help. now as i get more into mastering,...

mylesp
replies: 37 views: 18,484
chazmar 26th April 2018

Hi! Hope its ok to put this in the mastering forum, but I think this is one for the trained ears.. I have Genelec 8260 as...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 19 views: 3,492
JR Mastering 20th April 2018

Hi guys :) I need to start compiling 8 of my original songs to be burned to a CD ROM. That is the easy part (burning...

jerrydpi
replies: 55 views: 1,507
SmoothTone 20th April 2018

I signed up with an iTunes aggregate called LANDR, and I intend to release music on iTunes through them. LANDR has a mastering...

tluke
replies: 4 views: 1,184
JR Mastering 15th April 2018

Hi all. Is "Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science" still the king in 2018?

scalawag
replies: 7 views: 770
JR Mastering 11th April 2018

I've been slowly developing my mastering techniques+ear over the past 6-ish years and last night i mastered a track (just for...

Barncore
replies: 2 views: 530

I am just wondering about the worklfow in mixdown/mastering. The physical studff to do, everything relly, I know so little about...

Grevlingen
replies: 4 views: 846

Hello guys I really need some help and some words of wisdom and tip on on this. I use a T-racks at the end of my chain, and...

aarvin2
replies: 27 views: 11,923
Sk1nZ 23rd March 2018

Do I only need to dither when I'm changing my bit depth down say from 24 bit to 16 bit for example? So for mastering I would not...

turtletree
replies: 2 views: 793
Bob Olhsson 17th March 2018

1. Is there anything wrong with using ableton to master? Where you put each song on it's own tracks in sequential order with each...

turtletree
replies: 6 views: 675
Justin P. 15th March 2018

In order to make a consistent-sounding, volume and everything, album or EP of music, I’ve seen that people master all the...

purpleduck
replies: 52 views: 3,760
TJT 15th March 2018

Hi guys, I'm looking for straight forward answers... I understand that mastering isn't simple, a good ear is required and lots...

DenversWorld
replies: 40 views: 1,790
DenversWorld 5th March 2018

hey guys i know this would sound very stupid and weird.. might be even looked like an idiot.. but is it okay to use...

babypopmusic
replies: 1 views: 532
CJ Mastering 1st March 2018

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search