The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ITB masterring HW
Old 24th March 2019
Gear Nut

ITB masterring HW

Simple question I think will be easily answered there:

What hardware do I need to set up an entry level ITB mastering studio?

I'm speaking only about the computer itself, and whatever D/A I need to feed my reference monitors. And anything else I'm not aware of! (meters?)

I think the question of what monitors and room treatments I need is probably already answered in other threads.

Cheers!
Old 26th March 2019
Obviously, some sort of software that will produce the actual master. The Samplitude / Sequoia family is a personal favorite. I have WaveLab, but I can't get used to it (although it's a "Swiss Army Knife" of a program, so I'm in no hurry to get rid of it). Other than that, you already know the other stuff. Nothing is anywhere near as important as your monitoring chain and the space those monitors are in.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASSIVE Master View Post
Other than that, you already know the other stuff. Nothing is anywhere near as important as your monitoring chain and the space those monitors are in.
Thanks for the reply, John. What about the D/A? I've haven't A/Bed converters enough to have a sense of what would be "good enough". Are there any recommended entry level solutions, or is something I already have (x32) sufficient?

Cheers
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear
I highly recommend an Apollo X so u can get great converters and the equivalent of a bunch of outboard processors in a 1U appliance. You can stick Neve channel strips and compressors etc.. and have your stuff sound like it was recorded in a console.

Assuming you plan on plugging in instruments, microphones etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search