The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommended mastering DAW for PC?
Old 28th February 2018
Gear Nut

Recommended mastering DAW for PC?

Hey guys, i recently moved from Mac to PC and i'm not digging Ableton as a DAW for mastering. Thought it might be a good time to get an actual mastering-dedicated DAW. PC users, what software do you use? What do you like about it / not like about it? Thanks!

Also, what sort of things should i be looking out for when choosing a mastering DAW. (i've always just used Logic Pro so i know nothing about this field)
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for gear

wavelab here

(only issue is hat it isn't integrated into nuendo: would prefer to have just one program)
Old 28th February 2018
Lives for gear

Check these out:

What is your 2017 mastering DAW

Who's Using Reaper? Workflow?

Pay particular attention to Justin P's posts on this subject and you will have some very precise information.
Old 1st March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothTone View Post
Pay particular attention to Justin P's posts on this subject and you will have some very precise information.
Justin P isn't a PC user, he's mac. (he said so in an article he wrote for proaudiofiles)
Old 1st March 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore View Post
Justin P isn't a PC user, he's mac. (he said so in an article he wrote for proaudiofiles)
Both of the DAWs he uses and has written extensively about are cross-platform.

I use Reaper for processing because it allows you to do whatever you want in multiple ways. It's highly customisable.

I use Hofa for assembly. Great bang for buck.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search