The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The L2007 is a mastering-grade look-ahead brickwall limiter. “Miles ahead” of others, “this plug-in has got to be the star of the show.” When something “is this good and this affordable, there should be no indecision. ” The L2007 makes mixes sound richer and thicker, effortlessly. Just tweak the threshold knob -- It's like magic. In other words, there is “something poetic about having two large knobs and letting the unit do the rest.” Sit back, relax, and enjoy.

Discussions

Mixing with lots of stuff on the 2Bus

...and discuss the the pro's and con's. Here's my chain in this order: Slate VCC Waves SSL Buss Comp SPL Vitalizer Massey L2007 Limiter Slate VTM L2 Yes, that is a lot of processing, but I hit them all rather gently. If a project goes to mastering I will strip in down and take off the limiters. Curious if anyone else...

View Post

Ten of the best brickwall limiter plug-ins

No Massey L2007? I've used most of these on this list, and the L2007 for sure beats out half of them.

View Post

Kick too loud

...and EQ is a little easier to deal with on the drum buss. Personally, I really enjoy using the Massey L2007 limiter for my snare and kick buss. Even just setting it to catch 1 dB here or there really helps even things out and allows me to crush a drum buss a bit...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?