The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Onyx Blackbird uses Cirrus Logic® converters offering 114dB dynamic range (A-weighted) – a specification other companies sometimes charge thousands of dollars to achieve. Our preamp circuitry is aligned precisely with the onboard analog-to-digital conversion to always provide you with the most headroom and the lowest noise and distortion possible. Onyx pres are designed to meet or surpass expensive, esoteric standalone mic pres in terms of fidelity, headroom and transparency – as well as improved radio frequency (RFI) rejection and ultra-wide dynamic range. And with a full 60dB of available gain, would-be competitors are left in the dust.

Discussions

Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

...chime in with some "empirical data" and real world experience. First, let me say I am new to both the Onyx Blackbird and PT10/Win64 Native. I have a lot of flight time in studios -- none of it over the last few years. But I am pretty intimately familiar with PCs. Cutting to the...

View Post

Audio Interface - Low Latency Performance Data Base

...across the bench the last 12 months of so , but I have added a few , summary below. Added : Mackie Onyx Blackbird : Posted a summary last September on its own, but will repeat here. Like Focusrite and Presonus , etc, using the TC Applied Dice FW controller and base driver , the unit...

View Post

Windows 10 is rolling out... share your experiences here

...record one or two tracks at a time. I have zero latency issues with an equally aging but stout Mackie Onyx Blackbird interface. However, there is a little funk that isn't stopping me but it's making me think about reinstalling Win 7 after all this time. Stuff like: 1) Monthly security updates, the big ones, haven't...

View Post