The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

M-Track opens the door to computer-based music making. The M-Track interface from M-Audio® transforms your computer into a digital recording studio with plug-and-play simplicity. A single USB cable provides both power and a data connection to and from your laptop or desktop computer. M-Track offers the right connections for any instrument, from an electric guitar to a professional condenser mic—phantom power is provided. The low-profile format delivers professional control in a portable package. M-Track includes both Ignite by AIR and Ableton™ Live Lite music software programs. M-Track is equipped with a versatile array of inputs to provide the best results with any type of audio source. Each channel offers an XLR input and a balanced 1/4" input. The XLR input is designed to work with microphones or other Lo-Z sources. The phantom power switch delivers 48V to the XLR inputs for use with professional condenser microphones. The 1/4" input can be set to receive line level signal, or switched to allow an electric guitar or bass to be plugged directly into the M-Track. The gain knob ensures the proper input level.

Discussions

Hit and Miss has all been miss with mics and equipment

first off, take those CD's off the damn wall. you don't want a reflective space to cut vocals. you want a dead dry space. If you've removed the CD's and the sound is still terrible, then try a slightly larger space to record vocals in, but...

View Post

How much of a difference does the audio interface make for in the box producing/mixin

I currently have a budget M-Audio M-Track, and I do everything in the box. I don't use any external hardware, except my monitors/headphones. I was thinking about upgrading my audio interface but how much of a difference would it make if I'm not using any external devices. For instance, if I were to buy an RME...

View Post

USB Audio Glitches - Macbook Pro 2018

Not sure why all this info about latency and speed and what not. That's irrelevant for this discussion IMO - and no one claimed one was better than the other. Anyway - If the device is actually using the USB 3 bus, then it's really strange you are experiencing issues.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?