The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Fast Track Ultra 8r

M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
0 Own It
0 Used It
0 Want It
0 Watch It

Description

Designed for comprehensive studio work, the Fast Track Ultra 8R audio MIDI interface delivers 8 x 8 I/O, high-speed USB 2.0 connectivity, MX Core DSP mixing/effects and eight preamps with award-winning Octane technology. Record drum kits and full bands on all eight inputs simultaneously with superior 24-bit/96kHz fidelity. The on-board MX Core DSP mixer processes eight hardware inputs and eight software returns to the eight hardware outputs, expanding the total I/O to an impressive 16 x 8 configuration and delivering flexible routing and monitoring with delay and reverb. With reliable, low-latency M-Audio drivers and compatibility with most major recording software, the Fast Track Ultra 8R puts the core of your powerful project studio in a single rack-mount unit. The Fast Track Ultra 8R was designed to provide all the I/O you need for your project studio. Eight channels of analog inputs and outputs plus 2-channel digital S/PDIF provide input flexibility with room to grow. Unlike most USB interfaces, it features two dedicated analog inserts on the first two channels, allowing you to insert outboard processing before A/D conversion. Easy connection via USB 2.0 delivers both audio and MIDI communication with your computer. Fast Track Ultra 8R is compatible with most major audio software and seamlessly integrates into any studio setup. The quality of your recordings is only as good as the initial signal. The Fast Track Ultra features four preamps with multi-award-winning M-Audio Octane technology, creating a premium front end that delivers amazing audio clarity. You get professional, low-noise, high-gain preamplification with enough channels for a variety of miking applications. Features include +48V phantom power for condenser mics, signal/peak LED indicator lights and a pull-out gain knob that activates a 20dB pad for recording at high volumes. See why world-class artists choose the M-Audio Octane preamp.

Discussions

why am I not hearing a single difference in my new preamp?

The setup is a Shure SM7b into a Daking Mic Pre One through an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r. Sonically, I can't hear at all a difference running into the Daking vs running straight through the interface. When comparing with a spectrum analyzer they are also the exact same frequency-wise. This is me...

View Post

why am I not hearing a single difference in my new preamp?

You`ve just been mind****ed by all the good reasoning in here . Money will buy you real sonic upgrades when spent on mics and monitors .

View Post

Windows 10 is rolling out... share your experiences here

...3 Couture VSTs and some No6 Limiters; Desktop CS 80 on ASUS, Electosynths on Lenovo desktop, dual interface to ASUS Fast Track Ultra 8R + M Track 8x4 M and CME Xkey Air 37 (polyphonic aftertouch also sent as thru channel via Pro Tools across to Lenovo to Live Professor chains deduction and ME80...

View Post