The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Happy songs
Old 29th May 2017
Here for the gear

Happy songs

Hey guys!
I know it`s kinda basic and not really what this forum is for, but i trust you guys more than other forums
I`m having some issues with singing happy songs. I`m mainly a rapper but also sing my choruses. Problem is I have no trouble with sad songs inflexions but when it commes to smile-inducing songs i suck. A lot.
I searched the vast internet but didn`t find any helpful info on this. Mindset does not help, smiling when singing doesn`t work. It seems that all my favourite songs that i listen to are pretty sad in voice tone even though they might send a positive vibe.
I really wish to meet my expectations for all-round emotions singing.
Any useful tips on this ?
Old 29th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Weed? only joking......Maybe try practicing on something like three little birds, Bob Marley. I might help get you in the frame of mind you are talking about. And then try to recal that feeling/focus/emotion.
Old 30th May 2017
Lives for gear
Listen to Erasure.
Old 22nd September 2017
Gear Maniac

Maybe try listening to some African music (Remmy Ongala and Orchestra Super Matimila for starters). What's great about that music is the bitter/sweetness of it as they often sing about pretty serious stuff but the music has an incredibly uplifting (absolutely euphoric when played live/loud and with lots of repetition!) feel to it. Songs that are pure happy often sound cheesy, trite and sickly, because life just isn't like that.

Remember:

'Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. Water that is clear has no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.' - Robert Aitken trans. of the Ts’ai Ken T’an
Old 3rd October 2017
Lives for gear

Do you actually FEEL happy? If not, then wait until you do. Sincerity is usually difficult to fake, but it CAN be done.......maybe go to your "Happy Gilmore, happy place"....

Good luck.

fb
Old 22nd March 2018
Lives for gear

Happiness is something that has never existed in this world outside of yourself.

Remember that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search