The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The AES16 offers unprecedented AES/EBU channel capacity and routing flexibility in a single PCI card format. With support for up to 16 channels of input and output at sample rates up to 192 kHz, the AES16 turns your computer into a powerful digital router or patchbay with extensive flexibility with minimal cabling. Most importantly, the AES16 supports the emerging single-wire 192 kHz standard and is compatible with existing dual-wire AES/EBU devices. Up to four AES16’s can be installed in a single computer.

Discussions

Lynx AES16e PCI Express card!

So if I understand you correctly, ewith the PCIe version, you can have 16 analog I/O's AND 8 ADAT I/O's via the LS-ADAT? And these are all independent of each other? i.e. I can record 24 independent sources? Thanks,

View Post

El capitan compatibility info

...system requirements of essential hardware before installing a new OS? The download page for the latest drivers for the Lynx AES16 state: "This driver is intended for use with OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard); OS X 10.7 (Lion); OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)". Two OS versions behind the current...

View Post

The "today we build our studio pc" thread

Can probably reuse the case but not the RAM because DDR4 has been the standard for a few generations now. Thankfully, RAM prices have dropped somewhat recently. A Z390/9900K system would provide a decent bump in performance over your current system. X299 motherboards support the next step up in performance. Have...

View Post