The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By TransAudio Group
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Since my budget isn't allowing for prebuilt bass traps (I have more time than money) I was considering building traps for my room...

Steve Ouimette
replies: 25 views: 14,546
Glenn Kuras 4th July 2006

So.......what does everyone out there recommend for a good sounding affordable outboard Tube Mic Pre for recording Synthesizers...

SpaceMusic_Guy
replies: 13 views: 1,891
xist 3rd July 2006
replies: - views: -
Third Story 3rd July 2006

Hey guys.. a pro at Allans Music sent me here and said the best of the best talk microphones so I've come to seek some wisdom. I...

cosmicBdog
replies: 17 views: 1,282
warhead 3rd July 2006

TSM Muneo. The casing is as heavy as can be (1,9 kg), very solid. The capsule is 3.8 cm! Any input would be nice shiee

RMG-sound
replies: 0 views: 1,208
RMG-sound 3rd July 2006

I run a Presonus Digimax LT into Samplitude. I was toying with the idea of getting some cheap guitar pedals and put them on the...

Slap Back
replies: 0 views: 980
Slap Back 3rd July 2006

If you haven't guessed, I am new to the recording game. I am using a standalone multitracker (boss br-1180) and a couple of cheap...

cassius
replies: 2 views: 1,943
whosyourdaddy00 2nd July 2006

So we have a very small amount of $ to buy another pre. The two we are considering are the UAD 610 and the Chameleon Labs. ...

Full Clip Audio
replies: 19 views: 2,891
Bounce 2nd July 2006

I recently bought a Saffire LE and am pleased with the sound for the money. However, when recording (even with no input) there...

Finalcut
replies: 4 views: 4,381
Finalcut 2nd July 2006

Hey just curious what you are all using in the studio for instrument cabling. below is what I have been running: Studio...

TheRigaletto
replies: 0 views: 1,079
TheRigaletto 2nd July 2006

Hi, long time reader first time poster, etcetera (I feel sort of bad asking a question with my first post, but then I don't know...

Signal to Noise
replies: 2 views: 3,699
Signal to Noise 2nd July 2006

Hi peoples, I am lookin' for a comp to use with the Hardy. I usually track acoustic stuff with the M-1, and dont usually use...

Acoustic Cloud
replies: 3 views: 926
DrDeltaM 2nd July 2006

I'm gonna be picking up the Project Mix 1/o (with PTools Mpowered) but I want to upgrade the convertors/pres. I was thinking of...

BlueBird
replies: 3 views: 1,552
DrDeltaM 2nd July 2006

Thanks to you Gearslutz and a few other people, I'm rethinking my upgrade to something practical, going in stages that make the...

Poopypants
replies: 13 views: 1,944
chrisrulesmore 2nd July 2006

I am leary of knee jerk second hand reviews...so for those of you who have used this mic...the tube cardiod one...what are your...

bannerj
replies: 14 views: 1,533
bannerj 1st July 2006
roxxon 1st July 2006

I'm looking for an ok DI-box, wich has to be afordable. Well I'm up here north in Iceland and you can imagine that we haven't got...

Palli-Moon
replies: 5 views: 1,287
aussie_techie 1st July 2006

I couldn't find the 'newbie' forum, so I'll post this here. Ignoring equipment quality for the moment, I want people to tell...

mipearson
replies: 11 views: 3,943
Ziggy!! 1st July 2006

Ok I think I have my preamp/AD-DA converter nailed down to an Mackie Onyx 800, but im reading the spec and not seeing anything...

TheRigaletto
replies: 8 views: 1,995
mrface2112 30th June 2006

Can we not start a petition to digidesign to put delay comp on the next version of PT LE Get say a thousand people to put...

Harsh
replies: 41 views: 2,641
tommymakestapes 30th June 2006

I always felt 44.1, 48...96 were things in my session files I really just glazed over. Can anyone help or point me in the right...

TheRigaletto
replies: 8 views: 948
mrface2112 30th June 2006

Okay, so I had a random thought. All these treatment products like Auralex aren't that expensive, and they look nice. I'd like to...

FSPirate
replies: 24 views: 3,247
RobR 30th June 2006

I am trying to double-track the vocals on one of my songs, a la Elliott Smith, but running into some problems: -Both tracks,...

cassius
replies: 9 views: 11,821
RadioMoo 30th June 2006

I'm wondering if I can get away with the Mbox with a decent front end micpre/AD converter like the Joe Meek Twin Q? I am wanting...

Strumgirl
replies: 4 views: 1,662
headwerkn 30th June 2006

Hi there! I have a 30 meter 24/6 mulitcore in my studio. I actually only need a 10 meter cable. There is some little noise...

attila
replies: 7 views: 1,554
attila 30th June 2006
beruang 30th June 2006

Any 'low end' units out there I can plug my cd player into to add some warmth? Thanks.

mainrhythm
replies: 9 views: 842
jhg 30th June 2006
Alexi 30th June 2006

I was reading about this in Sound on Sound mag and it looks pretty interesting. I have a small home studio and I record in a...

DJShowtime
replies: 2 views: 2,639
DJShowtime 30th June 2006

Hi, I've budgeted myself about $300 (Australian) for a keyboard amp. I need something loud enough to be heard over drums in a...

mipearson
replies: 2 views: 1,271
mipearson 30th June 2006

Hey guys, I need some opinions. I've been writing and recording my solo project lately, and I've decided to spend a little money...

halcyo
replies: 13 views: 1,924
slowdive 29th June 2006

Hey Guys, . . .! So, I was wondering what the disadvantages and advantage (if any) confoosed of setting up the drums in the...

Studiodrum
replies: 6 views: 5,973
Studiodrum 29th June 2006

A while a go I had an M One XL that I used for reverb on various sources. Lately, I have been missing it. I have a Lexicon...

AB3
replies: 6 views: 1,291
Albert 29th June 2006
borism 29th June 2006

Hello to all, This is my first post and I hope this isn't too redundant, but I could really use some help. I own an Akai DPS24...

bhodgson0739
replies: 1 views: 2,082
nathanvacha 29th June 2006

Anybody A/B'd the headphone outs and come to some sort of conclusion? I'm using 002 with another converter just to overdub stuff...

amost
replies: 0 views: 858
amost 29th June 2006

A friend of mine wants to get a very basic, easy-to-use standalone multitrack box for sketching ideas, and I really have no clue...

dingo
replies: 18 views: 3,885
nathanvacha 29th June 2006

I have a Firepod right now and I think it works alright for my bedroom studio. One thing that really bugs me though is that I´m...

axeman
replies: 13 views: 1,096
axeman 29th June 2006

I have a little Fostex 4-track and want to transfer some of the songs onto my computer. The 4-track is RCA cables going out...

I play in a ban
replies: 20 views: 4,884
rwhitney 29th June 2006

Anyone tried using a matched pair for drum overheads? I'm curious if anyone is using them for that purpose. abm

asbestosman1
replies: 6 views: 3,129
Shlomo 28th June 2006

Hiya I did search the archives - but I wanted to get current info.... I'm interested in the best quality but not too $$$...

Firefox
replies: 24 views: 3,017
mixerguy 28th June 2006

I read a lot about mic character - dark/coloured/bright etc.- both in positive & negative light on the forum . . ....

fivedoor
replies: 6 views: 1,273
fivedoor 28th June 2006

Hello Everyone, I've done extensive searching for answers to this question by I can't seem to find any conclusive...

sunflute
replies: 3 views: 1,780
RainbowStorm 28th June 2006

Im in the market for a very versatile mic pre so lets hear the opinions! Also Im using an Mbox which to my knowledge has the...

TheRigaletto
replies: 26 views: 3,670
Acoustic Cloud 28th June 2006

Just curious where I can hear some comparisons as I feel I am going to have to buy a piece of outboard gear with better...

Stoneroses6300
replies: 3 views: 863
TZk 28th June 2006

Just wondering If there is a good 2 channel mic pre anyone can recommend with SPIDF that i can jack into an MBox? Thanks.

sventvkg
replies: 17 views: 1,972
thejokell 28th June 2006

I am a gearslut and need help with my addiction. My gear list is small and as good as I can get on my budget. - I have carefully...

CassidyGT
replies: 29 views: 1,587
CassidyGT 28th June 2006

I'm looking into buying a multi-pattern, high SPL tube mic, and keep running across the Rode K2. I'd like to hear your guys...

stvintage
replies: 12 views: 2,851
davemc 28th June 2006

Just wanted to get some opinions on this: I don't have any analog hardware processors or effects, and I'm wondering if I can...

Tubthumper
replies: 3 views: 1,595
vk all day 28th June 2006
FSPirate 28th June 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search