The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 62,873
Blast9 1st February 2011

I need a name that is totally awesome for a pop group. Like 'Cobra Starship' or Turbo Alpha Z Master. Taking suggestions....

mark1971
replies: 27 views: 376
Dohreetoh 10 minutes ago

Anyone have experience with them? Especially the CK12. It looks as though they are OEM capsules that they skin and tweak...

zohomoho
replies: 6 views: 693
Dohreetoh 42 minutes ago

I don't know whether to post this one in low end or high-end really. What are some decent electret pencil condensers out there...

szegedin
replies: 10 views: 392
szegedin 1 hour ago

I’m thinking about taking a plunge and buying a high quality mic that is versatile to use on vocals, electric guitar amps,...

sspace
replies: 211 views: 8,064
elegentdrum 2 hours ago

Subjective. My opinion. Open to discussion. Take with a grain of salt. Overall, intended to be helpful for beginners. Areas...

minervx
replies: 5 views: 111
elegentdrum 2 hours ago

I have had problems with vibrations from my floor and up in my old pioneer PL-12D. Desided to try a dj turntable (my old...

gasolin
replies: 1 views: 367
M Ryan 5 hours ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 34 views: 6,861
Ford Slinger 5 hours ago

Hey all, I've read other threads on this same issue but have yet to resolve my problem and wanted to see if there were any other...

deaed
replies: 19 views: 3,401
CptnCruz 6 hours ago

Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of AKG 712s to use in my home music studio for electronic music production and mixing....

Br0ckout
replies: 12 views: 528
touch33 6 hours ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,744 views: 607,288
doom3crazy 7 hours ago

The Symetrix Peak RMS Compressor 501 Valley People/DBX chip model question; On an earlier thread I have been convinced that...

Thrip
replies: 7 views: 2,259
Brian M. Boykin 8 hours ago

So I want to record slow ass sad songs with vocals on the acoustic guitar! The only thing is, they sound empty without a bass...

SorryImDumb
replies: 12 views: 462
mark1971 8 hours ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 92 views: 11,180
Quantumphysics 10 hours ago

Okay, so I'm getting tired of using the patchbay as much as I currently do so I'm wondering, what are the best audio interfaces...

Paratriplel
replies: 62 views: 1,629
Quantumphysics 10 hours ago

the 1810 seems like a good solution, 4 mic pres (xmax) which seems to hold up as ok mic pres. adat in and good amount of ins and...

gsilbers
replies: 5 views: 344
Munitone 12 hours ago

Hi, I'm trying to build a B-rig. setup using ancient stuff, imagining myself back in the early/mid noughties and trying to...

OldHat
replies: 2 views: 189
OldHat 12 hours ago

Anyone heard them? Dirt cheap. Cheaper than Golden Age...and that was dirt cheap. Probably not great for Golden Age, who as a...

NEWTON IN ORBIT
replies: 60 views: 13,744
OneRoomStudios 13 hours ago

Any suggestions are welcome! One doorstop/paperweight/fishing boat anker joke per answer seems reasonable :) I have no...

_musique
replies: 1 views: 278
matt pinchin 14 hours ago

I have a Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) as my audio interface (4 mic pres onboard, one ADAT In for expansion). Home and practice space...

therealdmt
replies: 15 views: 647
therealdmt 20 hours ago

I've been offered a Roland Duo-Capture EX USB interface for £75, does anyone have any experience with this unit, is it worth...

Johnmack
replies: 0 views: 172
Johnmack 20 hours ago

Just bought some KRK Rokit 4 monitors. When switched on (and connected to my gear), they are completely quiet. If I play some...

Parsnip
replies: 3 views: 349
Parsnip 22 hours ago

I miss having a writing system at home and i dont go to the main studio on weekends. I am making a small corner writing station...

nyne
replies: 56 views: 6,596
husky band 23 hours ago

Just purchased one on eBay and man I live that mic! Anyway, I know that the pattern selector locate on the capsule and need...

fatcatmusic
replies: 14 views: 4,925
Santiago 23 hours ago

I'm looking for a new LDC, something with a bit more warmth and vintage sound for my own (male) vocals. Voice is sort of warm...

countpocket
replies: 35 views: 768
Tony1979 1 day ago

How do you get it to sound less lifeless and noisy?

goom
replies: 58 views: 2,830
Tony1979 1 day ago

I am looking to buy new monitors to replace my Behringer. I originally wanted Equator D8 but these seem to be impossible to buy...

CadErik
replies: 45 views: 8,080
FoundationsAudio 1 day ago

I’m having a hard time finding any information on what I would like to do. Most people who are interested in recording with...

frenchji
replies: 5 views: 303
standingwave 1 day ago

I was thinking about the tascam 22. Somthing to that is easy to maintain and low cost. Never used tape before. I am running...

spektor
replies: 2 views: 287
kslight 1 day ago

Hi there! I was looking for a decent chamber reverb and after trying few I feel totally confused shiee I have tried...

MADA
replies: 0 views: 262
MADA 2 days ago

This is a thread for dirt cheap mics that simply went far beyond your expectations. I don't want to see anything that retails...

eastsidetone
replies: 184 views: 51,533
bill5 2 days ago

Hi, I'm a beatboxer and I'm looking for a studio condenser microphone to use with my steinberg UR12 preamp. My beatboxing does...

Mlorach
replies: 34 views: 3,189
funktoon 2 days ago

Really interesting in trying one out perhaps using an ADA8200 to send 8 mono signals.

goom
replies: 1 views: 351
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

I am looking for an amp for my Rhodes Mark I Stage. I actually just bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe thinking I would love it, but...

sinuspain
replies: 16 views: 3,496
kafka 2 days ago

Hello all. I'm trying to make tape loops work in my Yamaha MT3X but the auto-stop function keeps making the tape stop after a...

standingwave
replies: 12 views: 547
standingwave 2 days ago

Best single channel outboard hardware vocal mic comp for under $400? I currently use a GAP Pre-73 preamp which is great but my...

endlessdescent
replies: 10 views: 628
audiospecific 3 days ago

Just bought an ID44 after selling my ID22. I'll need an extra AD/DA 24/96 8 in / 8 out with SMUX to connect as slave to my...

Martel80
replies: 16 views: 742
Mr. Pie 3 days ago

I have been reading, and in a lot of cases re-reading the threads on mic preamps. I decided to ask anyway about outboard preamp...

gwlee7
replies: 3 views: 471
fastlanestoner 3 days ago

apparently "this is the futur" https://youtu.be/ZFLmP9XWyhg ADDED BY MODERATOR: More talk on the CLA 10TM...

DownSideUp
replies: 273 views: 18,697
rezident 3 days ago

Hello! Last week, I was asking about mics to record Classical Guitar on a Behringer UMC 404HD. I got some very nice advice,...

Lipe
replies: 19 views: 464
Almy 3 days ago

Hey there, quick question. Why would anyone buy a used Joly modded Oktava when the new Oktavas appear to have most of the mods...

Micraziel
replies: 2 views: 407
ardis 3 days ago

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some...

mequaz
replies: 134 views: 12,800
Brian M. Boykin 3 days ago

Hi fellas! After years working on different monitors from Focal, PMC, Dynaudio, Yamaha...and different cans from AT, AKG,...

MADA
replies: 32 views: 1,053
Piedpiper 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I would like to purchase new studio monitors for my home studio. I bought a pair of Fluid Audio FX8 recently, but...

lushy
replies: 7 views: 680
daslicht 4 days ago

The DC1A3 comp is more musical than my Waves CLA-76. And the IVGI saturation is amazing on soft-synths. Warms them right up. I...

goom
replies: 3 views: 712
pettrer 4 days ago

Need a bit of help as I am looking at these 3 sets of monitors. my room is quite small however I will be treating...

Jayman1988
replies: 15 views: 7,996
the_mixer 4 days ago

Hello! I'd like to start mic'ing my nylon guitar practices and some songs to put on youtube and share with friends. No...

Lipe
replies: 17 views: 596
Lipe 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
NoobInAudio 4 days ago

So I recently found a Behringer Compsoer MDX2600 for VERY cheap. It arrived today and as it's my first piece of outboard effects...

Rimundo
replies: 4 views: 1,004
hello people 4 days ago

If I were to upgrade to one of these Interfaces, which would be the better choice? On the Behringer each channel has its own pad,...

Dohreetoh
replies: 14 views: 763
FoundationsAudio 5 days ago

How do you record audio with an iPhone 8 via line in? Then, how do you backup that recorded audio back to the iPhone 8 and put...

MC Antizino
replies: 0 views: 302
MC Antizino 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search