The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 62,919
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hello there everyone; I am trying to find the absolute best value for under $300 for a microphone. I have been poring over...

xled
replies: 4 views: 179
Macky 51 minutes ago

Currently working with 2 sm57s and an sm58. Meets my needs, however, I have become interested in condenser microphones. Found MXL...

SometimesAlways
replies: 5 views: 186
Shannon Adkins 1 hour ago

I have a few weary travellers that need a home ... In particular a large body u47 clone without a proper case :/ Anyone have luck...

fortress1w
replies: 1 views: 174
ActualDino 8 hours ago

This is a thread for dirt cheap mics that simply went far beyond your expectations. I don't want to see anything that retails...

eastsidetone
replies: 189 views: 52,193
chessparov2.0 9 hours ago

I'm building a MIDI controller to control plugins to bring that cool tactile feel to mixing (waves and UAD plugins thru Logic)....

smakdaady
replies: 0 views: 146
smakdaady 12 hours ago

Subjective. My opinion. Open to discussion. Take with a grain of salt. Overall, intended to be helpful for beginners. Areas...

minervx
replies: 47 views: 1,396
guyacier 13 hours ago

So I want to record slow ass sad songs with vocals on the acoustic guitar! The only thing is, they sound empty without a bass...

SorryImDumb
replies: 18 views: 677
kafka 15 hours ago

So one of my friends gifted me an ART Tube Studio MP. I’m not entirely sure if I can even use it, or if it’s worth...

BoneG19
replies: 4 views: 218
Greedy 16 hours ago

Hi, thanks for letting me join. Weirdly, I'm both a newbie and a veteran, having gigged for over forty years, mostly semi pro,...

Elliottheviking
replies: 3 views: 300
gravyhavok 21 hours ago

I'm looking for a new LDC, something with a bit more warmth and vintage sound for my own (male) vocals. Voice is sort of warm...

countpocket
replies: 48 views: 1,182
Gideon K 23 hours ago

Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using noise cancelling headphones for recording? I thought it might be a...

nixoblivion
replies: 3 views: 218
Dohreetoh 1 day ago

I have been reading, and in a lot of cases re-reading the threads on mic preamps. I decided to ask anyway about outboard preamp...

gwlee7
replies: 8 views: 604
JAT 1 day ago

I need to step up and do some real measurements with a mic in my room. :cop:

goom
replies: 2 views: 265
JonnieK 1 day ago

Anyone heard them? Dirt cheap. Cheaper than Golden Age...and that was dirt cheap. Probably not great for Golden Age, who as a...

NEWTON IN ORBIT
replies: 63 views: 14,104
Noelthemusician 1 day ago

Yesterday, I've bought a Rode NT1-A to upgrade my vocal chain. At home I've got a Scarlett 2i2 preamp, with a $30 CM25 condenser...

bpmtapperkun
replies: 49 views: 4,180
Savana Violenta 1 day ago

I recently bought an old Rode NT1 in very good condition as I had heard that they were designed by Jim Williams. Despite that...

Mikey77
replies: 112 views: 10,690
Mikey77 1 day ago

OI! Low End Theory! Hey guys, just moved, setting up my studio, decided I needed 8 more inputs, bought a Behringer ADA 8200 to...

nowaysj
replies: 267 views: 68,085
Savana Violenta 1 day ago

hi everyone! although ive been occasionally reading this forum for a couple of years now, this is my first post here. i wrote...

ratherweakly
replies: 0 views: 279
ratherweakly 1 day ago

So I'm REALLY struggling with what audio interface I should buy. Things I want to have atleast in my audio interface: - 8...

davquak
replies: 7 views: 418
Scragend 1 day ago

the 1810 seems like a good solution, 4 mic pres (xmax) which seems to hold up as ok mic pres. adat in and good amount of ins and...

gsilbers
replies: 6 views: 466
gsilbers 1 day ago

Hello all in near future im planning to buy new monitors, my room is 5meters wide and 2.5 meters tall, i will place speaker...

gedna
replies: 2 views: 290
mamm7215 1 day ago

Hello there, I went and got myself an ART Tube MP Studio V3 preamp fairly cheap off the net and am wondering if I got a...

KrispyDK
replies: 21 views: 26,048
tillap 1 day ago

Hello! I'd like to start mic'ing my nylon guitar practices and some songs to put on youtube and share with friends. No...

Lipe
replies: 20 views: 682
brmusician 2 days ago

Okay, so I'm getting tired of using the patchbay as much as I currently do so I'm wondering, what are the best audio interfaces...

Paratriplel
replies: 76 views: 2,072
mutetourettes 2 days ago

How do you get it to sound less lifeless and noisy?

goom
replies: 60 views: 3,057
goom 2 days ago

Anyone use some cheapies you were happy with?

bill5
replies: 83 views: 5,167
Ox Han 2 days ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 93 views: 11,442
Ox Han 2 days ago

I was thinking about the tascam 22. Somthing to that is easy to maintain and low cost. Never used tape before. I am running...

spektor
replies: 10 views: 521
Scragend 2 days ago

I don't do anything else than produce music and mixing (no recording with mic or acoustic instruments), more expensive audio...

jouko6969
replies: 4 views: 389
Enlightened Hand 2 days ago

I've always been a bit curious about the Ibanez/maxon dd1000 dual rack delay, so I bought one on eBay. Well, I hadn't looked...

bubblebash
replies: 6 views: 372
Spectralwaves 2 days ago

Products – iSK Pro Audio Has anyone here tried those HD-9999 headphones ?

eldon2975
replies: 357 views: 67,072
mrufino1 3 days ago

I have had problems with vibrations from my floor and up in my old pioneer PL-12D. Desided to try a dj turntable (my old...

gasolin
replies: 3 views: 438
M Ryan 3 days ago

I don't know whether to post this one in low end or high-end really. What are some decent electret pencil condensers out there...

szegedin
replies: 19 views: 574
Dohreetoh 3 days ago

The Symetrix Peak RMS Compressor 501 Valley People/DBX chip model question; On an earlier thread I have been convinced that...

Thrip
replies: 8 views: 2,346
Thrip 3 days ago

I’m thinking about taking a plunge and buying a high quality mic that is versatile to use on vocals, electric guitar amps,...

sspace
replies: 215 views: 8,410
s wave 3 days ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 1,030 views: 194,760
Carlier74 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Cpl. Punishment 3 days ago

I want to hook up a single consumer-tier-speaker in mono to check how my mix sounds in crappy listening situations. However I...

Synthbrass
replies: 18 views: 632
tedmanzie 3 days ago

Hello all, I am trying to let my Traveler and FF800 to work together. So far so good. I have though difference with output...

sicijk
replies: 0 views: 252
sicijk 4 days ago

Goodmorning, I'm into a "tricky situation", since my budget is pretty tight. Straight to the point: me and the people...

Arkham
replies: 0 views: 275
Arkham 4 days ago

Hi there! I was looking for a decent chamber reverb and after trying few I feel totally confused shiee I have tried...

MADA
replies: 2 views: 333
MADA 4 days ago

I currently have my mind set on the Focal Shape monitors for my home set up, which I use primarily for mixing. My max price range...

GOStudioNC
replies: 0 views: 259
GOStudioNC 4 days ago

Anyone have experience with them? Especially the CK12. It looks as though they are OEM capsules that they skin and tweak...

zohomoho
replies: 6 views: 773
Dohreetoh 4 days ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

jgstarcaster
replies: 34 views: 7,076
Ford Slinger 4 days ago

Hey all, I've read other threads on this same issue but have yet to resolve my problem and wanted to see if there were any other...

deaed
replies: 19 views: 3,449
CptnCruz 4 days ago

Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of AKG 712s to use in my home music studio for electronic music production and mixing....

Br0ckout
replies: 12 views: 604
touch33 4 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,744 views: 608,143
doom3crazy 4 days ago

Hi, I'm trying to build a B-rig. setup using ancient stuff, imagining myself back in the early/mid noughties and trying to...

OldHat
replies: 2 views: 310
OldHat 4 days ago

Any suggestions are welcome! One doorstop/paperweight/fishing boat anker joke per answer seems reasonable :) I have no...

_musique
replies: 1 views: 322
matt pinchin 4 days ago

I have a Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) as my audio interface (4 mic pres onboard, one ADAT In for expansion). Home and practice space...

therealdmt
replies: 15 views: 688
therealdmt 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search