The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

replies: 0 views: 57,483
Blast9 1st February 2011

I have a MOTU 16A with no dedicated headphone outs. I plan to take one set of the analog outputs and run it to something like a...

replies: 3 views: 333
HostaMahogey 3 hours ago

Hi folks, I've been using a couple of Tascam SX-1s that I bought used for cheap, for the past year and a half (almost). I...

replies: 13 views: 453
MarkF48 3 hours ago

Hello everyone. I hope everything is great with all of you! It's finally happening. I'm moving into my new apartment in less...

replies: 0 views: 87
Paratriplel 4 hours ago

hi slutz kfhkh was wondering, if I was using a DI box for my guitar - would the DI then go to the "line in" of the...

replies: 0 views: 74
macb3th 5 hours ago

Hey guys, I have a sampler I use on stage for live shows. Most of the sounds are EDM kicks from battery 4, and when I used it...

replies: 2 views: 258
bangbang 10 hours ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

replies: 23 views: 1,184
bangbang 10 hours ago

Hello guys. my rode PROcaster needs alot of gain . and my focuserite SOLO cant handle it . when I set my interface gain near...

replies: 28 views: 568
Bushman 15 hours ago

I saw a similar thread for the U47 sound. Basically, I’d like to find a mic predominantly for mono drum OH, maybe a little...

Ox Han
replies: 18 views: 851
64gtoboy 20 hours ago

Need a bit of help as I am looking at these 3 sets of monitors. my room is quite small however I will be treating...

replies: 9 views: 4,179
Teqman 22 hours ago

How does the new HA Elite series sound vis a vis the 73jr etc? I have a pair of 73jr amps. Was thinking of adding the Elite...

replies: 0 views: 227
trashman 23 hours ago

Hello , I'm between an Arturia Audiofuse or an Apogee Duet, what would you recommend? thanks: 3 i work in Windows 10 and in live...

replies: 8 views: 539
pentagon 1 day ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly exact number in...

replies: 129 views: 9,373
Lance Lawson 1 day ago

I am wondering about upgrading my headphones/monitors. I have been using an old set of Tannoy PBM 6.5's along with a set of...

replies: 9 views: 303
noldar12 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I have recently built a new PC and tried to use my HS80ms on it. Problem is, the audio interface I had is not...

replies: 5 views: 281
t0yz 1 day ago

Hello, fellow gearslutz. My primary studio is based on Apogee Duet and I could't be happier. But recently I started to spend...
replies: 19 views: 728

Hi guys, So I've got to the point where I need my first monitors. I do electronic/experimental/IDM/cinematic music and planning...

replies: 17 views: 709
minervx 1 day ago

hi slutz, considering upgrading my Audient ID4. I only really need a mic input, line input / di. how much of a difference...

replies: 13 views: 1,032
Collinschipper 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I am looking to put together a concert for woodwind instruments (clarinet, flute, oboe) performing pieces with...

replies: 2 views: 255
Bushman 1 day ago

Obvioulsy they haven't gone anywhere, they make awesome mics at great prices. Yet, the discussion on their products is next to...

replies: 118 views: 37,948
Kronos147 1 day ago

Anyone have any opinions on this monitor controller? I’m thinking about getting one for now until I can afford a higher grade...

replies: 4 views: 315
Earwormer 2 days ago

Hey everyone! I wanted to start this thread and make an approach of the bass from the track Justin Timberlake - Filthy. Well,...

replies: 1 views: 269
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

What's your recommended workhorse outboard bus compressor/mastering compressor? Looking to give my tracks a little analog...

replies: 3 views: 535
CJ Mastering 2 days ago

So, I love the Ramsa WR-8616 console and as a result have been interested in its larger-format relative, the WR-8428, for a long...

replies: 35 views: 2,133
Unknown soldier 2 days ago

Hi guys, firstly, gearslutz has been my no 1 ressource for all things gear-related for quite a while now, but this is actually my...

replies: 6 views: 1,676
Michaeltn86 2 days ago

Hey all, I'm looking at getting a Focusrite Clarett. I'm trying to decide between the 4pre and 8pre. I'll want to be able to...

replies: 17 views: 1,087
chandlersonic 2 days ago

well, I am very happy with my desktop rme ucx no usb drop issues, low latency. Good headphones amp. Some years agor portable...

replies: 0 views: 209
manzini 2 days ago

Hi All, I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I haven't seen anything recent so as a total newbie interested in...

replies: 11 views: 553
wrgkmc 3 days ago

Hello! I'm about to purchase a Sony TC-850 for FX and mastering. I had thought it was a 1/4 inch 1/2 track, but turns out it's...

replies: 11 views: 414
jkojic 3 days ago

I'm hunting for one now.

replies: 27 views: 915
blayz2002 3 days ago

I need a good audio interface for external gear. Do you guys know of one. All I need is One stereo/in and out.For the Hardware EQ...

Mr. Undercover
replies: 3 views: 312
Teofunk 3 days ago

Hi all, I am mixing a track at the moment and I’m happy with the mix I have, which is coming from Studio One Pro, into a...

replies: 3 views: 347
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi guys, I recently found this on ebay: 34mm DUAL GOLD MICROPHONE CAPSULE K47 RK47 M49 M149 MOD | eBay These are different...

replies: 4 views: 428
BarcelonaMusic 3 days ago

What cheap real analog synths are out there? I've seen the Yamaha CS5 and CS10 go for under $300. I got a Yamaha CS01 for $150...

replies: 62 views: 12,184
jbaggan33 3 days ago

So I've had an unfortunate mishap between liquid and my keyboard, and I can't take it apart to repair it because it's designed...

replies: 5 views: 368
bill5 3 days ago

Hello! First time poster. I'm trying to transition to a more (not entirely) OTB workflow. It's very helpful as a productivity...

replies: 3 views: 323
hculture 3 days ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

replies: 5,423 views: 527,075
Ox Han 3 days ago

Hello all -- My pair of new Yamaha HS8s are picking up some significant HF interference, even when no input is plugged into...

replies: 6 views: 499
CPhoenix 4 days ago

Besides some manuals and old for sale threads i can't find any info from someone who actually used this specific DBX. Anybody...

replies: 2 views: 220
NerdyUsername 4 days ago

Hi folks - looking to expand the mic locker - got some ideas myself but looking for some ideas to research. I record mostly...

replies: 26 views: 1,007
Bushman 4 days ago

I am looking to make music with a fast computer and software. And I thought of a MIDI keyboard like the Alesis VI61 or the...

replies: 8 views: 1,829
Scoox 4 days ago

Hi all, I’m looking for a cheap, simple usb recording device - like a dictaphone but with a line input. A device that saves...

replies: 2 views: 270
LongwaveRadio 4 days ago

Hi Can everyone show us their gear along with their music so that we can hear the quality you're capable of getting with it....

B i e b e r
replies: 176 views: 8,645
Dezb1 4 days ago

Who is this product for? People with Dynamic (or Ribbon) microphones that have a problem with mic recordings being too quiet or...

replies: 10 views: 547
minervx 4 days ago

Hey ALL! Currently building/upgrading my studio. Im a drummer/percussionist by trade and am going to try this year to set up a...

replies: 17 views: 430
hculture 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I've been looking for a solution to (video) monitor 4 rooms (including the control room) in my studio, so...

replies: 3 views: 388
guismarquesrj 4 days ago

Hello all, first post, (yes I did the search) I am tired of setting up all the Smarrt stuff, when all that I need is an RTA. What...

replies: 0 views: 245
hospitalityrich 4 days ago

Is it worth it? My new mixer (Midas DDA) has inserts on the main outs. Hmm... been trying to think of what kind of fun stuff i...

big ol shea
replies: 0 views: 234
big ol shea 4 days ago

I'm a huge microphone skeptic. To me, the difference between a U87 and a Rode NT1-A is negligible and I'd probably be able to...

replies: 489 views: 27,350
Rolleum 4 days ago

Hey Guys , I need to know or model this transformer of Art MPA Gold, because my burnt someone can inform me the model? Where...

replies: 0 views: 144
robertogama 4 days ago

Hi all!, Has anyone compared a Schiit Multibit DAC with other "standard" interface converter? I'm planning to...

replies: 4 views: 656
Gitaarwerk 4 days ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search