The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,486
Views: 2,486
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,086
Blast9 1st February 2011

Anyone use some cheapies you were happy with?

bill5
replies: 81 views: 2,836
kajo 15 minutes ago

I want to buy a better pair of headphones so I can mix on the go and have a reference. As a student buying a decent pair of...

Dullyriddim
replies: 18 views: 650
Wiley Purchase 1 hour ago

Hi all, I'm looking into buying a headphone preamp, but there are so many options and I'm a little unsure of what I need -...

StevieD009
replies: 26 views: 907
TheBrightSide 3 hours ago

Hello, I'm knew on this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right subsection. I'm thinking of getting a new microphone, but as...

Mawi
replies: 12 views: 503
Strick9 3 hours ago

I’m asking what piece of hardware you can recommend on the stereo buss. I was thinking an ssl master buss compressor clone. It...

Earwormer
replies: 20 views: 765
thehightenor 4 hours ago

Saw this on FB this AM. Cheaper than the WA76. Klark Teknik pay homage to 1176 compressor | Sound On Sound $600 USD 3 Year...

SeanBlack
replies: 73 views: 13,329
Alexander.Lane 5 hours ago

I have the opportunity to buy a very nice pair at a reasonable price. Not a scratch, only dust. I have a pair of Genelec 8030A as...

Saturations
replies: 1 views: 188
GregkoNYC 5 hours ago

Hey guys, complete audio newb here. I have a pair of Rokit 5 monitors (might change eventually as I’m not sure about the...

Jonnyrogs
replies: 8 views: 341
KamandaSD 6 hours ago

I have a pair of JBL LSR 305. I wonder just how much better the Pro Abbey would be? I see that the LSR 305 has been upgraded to...

son of soulohio
replies: 8 views: 904
IkennaFuNkEn 7 hours ago

Hello everyone. I have a Chilton M10 desk which I run my MPC, synths etc into and currently work entirely OTB. I’m looking...

45addict
replies: 5 views: 295
ruffrecords 8 hours ago

I recently got my first pair of good monitors, a used pair of Dynaudio BM6As. While I’m considering adding a sub at some...

DimensionsTomorrow
replies: 0 views: 167
DimensionsTomorrow 9 hours ago

Hi Gearslutz, I would like to get a "character" preamp to go with my MH LIO8. I've read reviews on here but couldn't...

el gato
replies: 30 views: 2,133
Jesso 10 hours ago

Considering getting an Apogee Duet since they are under $150 used now and seem to have Windows 10 support now I am in the...

Zen MD
replies: 0 views: 189
Zen MD 12 hours ago

For the last year and a half I've been using the audient id22 for recording vocals into logic Pro x. Before that I has been...

scottyscottuk
replies: 8 views: 529
Jeremiah Sheets 13 hours ago

hi there, i've recently bought an sony mx-p21 and an mx-p290 console for 100€ each, i was thinking that the only thing they...

the_nooon
replies: 29 views: 10,588
Sonocist 15 hours ago

Anyone else own this rack unit? Seeing as they were completely sold out for months and are selling very quickly online (at least...

Zen MD
replies: 0 views: 171
Zen MD 15 hours ago

I don't suppose you kind people have a direct comparison of these two mics in your locker on the same source do...

Sleazy_Rider
replies: 3 views: 357
Alsongs 16 hours ago

Hello, hope your all doing well! I need some advice on a board I'm buying used. I'm interested in buying a Mackie Sr 32.4 (not...

Mikesoundguy
replies: 2 views: 325
bhandy 17 hours ago

Okay, so in terms of drum overheads, the LA220 is PERFECT. The freqency response reported by Lauten Audio is flat and warm;...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 7 views: 565
GreySlothStudio 20 hours ago

I have $1500 to POTENTIALLY spend on my studio if I feel that there is something that will really make the difference. But... is...

GOStudioNC
replies: 9 views: 458
unitymusic 21 hours ago

I know there are plenty of blind tests on gearslutz, but they generally are dismissed and forgotten when they include cheap or...

goom
replies: 10 views: 315
goom 21 hours ago

Hi! I will be moving internationally and packing light. The idea of bringing my Yamaha HS5's seem daunting. Are there small,...

oivivio
replies: 3 views: 348
RominRonin 23 hours ago

I was using a Ross Martin DAC, sending audio from my RME Fireface800. Now I'm selling the Ross Martin and looking for another...

ac_music
replies: 3 views: 333
Jim Williams 1 day ago

I am a solo artist who records classicy "rock" songs one track at a time and I'm looking for a versatile, workhorse...

klauskilla
replies: 14 views: 686
homestudioguy 1 day ago

Looking to purchase a re-amp box, right now considering these...

Metal123
replies: 8 views: 665
philly watts 1 day ago

Hi, Sorry in advance for a newbie question. I was wondering, is there such a thing as a hardware MIDI controller that uses...

muzikalgeeneeyus
replies: 2 views: 311
muzikalgeeneeyus 1 day ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,463 views: 535,209
dragonfly66 1 day ago

Hi everyone. Is there a way of making music without a computer under 600 - 700$ ? I know, there are things like Electribe or...

Arpotron
replies: 2 views: 424
beerphart bob 1 day ago

Just wondering how the APS Klasik's sound? How do they translate and are they pleasing to listen to. I'm tired of my Adam A7X...

tonez
replies: 100 views: 8,485
Lsixtysix 1 day ago

I'm not a drummer, but want to start playing a little bit, and want to buy an inexpensive kit to learn on, but that is ok to...

xmission
replies: 23 views: 594
64gtoboy 1 day ago

Hi guys, So I've got to the point where I need my first monitors. I do electronic/experimental/IDM/cinematic music and planning...

dainiusrun
replies: 40 views: 2,042
goom 1 day ago

Does anyone know of any decent audio interfaces that have balanced line inputs that bypass the preamps? This is mostly for used...

countrylac
replies: 38 views: 2,979
Monotremata 1 day ago

Hi, I am looking for makes and models of hardware limiters of the LOWEST quality; do you have any suggestions? Let me...

Uncle Freddie
replies: 36 views: 1,003
Wayne 2 days ago
replies: 9 views: 435
zvukofor 2 days ago

Has anyone heard the new inexpensive Adam T7V or T5V monitors?

alcazar
replies: 2 views: 742
milos1 2 days ago

Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying zoom uac-2, but i'm a little afraid since i'm an amd user, and i read on their site, that...

mareSLO
replies: 7 views: 456
Dawgrit 2 days ago

Hey guys! I have recently become obsessed with capsule mods and the RK47 specifically. So! This coming payday, I am purchasing...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 6 views: 399
Moon Unit Sound 2 days ago

Greetings! I've been a longtime forum dweller here but have never even registered an account because, well, pretty much every...

RGBeatman
replies: 18 views: 487
jdier 2 days ago

Hi all, I am having a hard time choosing between the Yamaha HS7 and the HS8. My room is small: 3.5m/2.5m which is about...

Tavares
replies: 11 views: 14,289
Teoichi 2 days ago

Looking to buy this interface, but still hesitating between the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD and the FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2. The...

clydetower
replies: 46 views: 21,618
emilstefan 2 days ago

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a cassette recorder. I have recently identified that I like the sounds of my recordings...

Goat Punishment
replies: 5 views: 433
Moon Unit Sound 3 days ago

Hello I'm looking for the best value for money in monitoring for $ 300 (it would be to mix rap) thank you

goldjungen57
replies: 5 views: 603
Poinzy 3 days ago

Hey guys! I'm new here and didn't realise I was missing out on connecting with such a large community of enthusiasts like...

shauryamanga
replies: 1 views: 297
VenVile 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm working on upgrading my studio. Right now I'm torn between getting the MPC Live and the Maschine MK3/Jam. I know...

Nate_JG
replies: 3 views: 1,688
zahush76 3 days ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 145 views: 11,165
Earwormer 3 days ago

Hi, I am probably going to have to equip a jamming studio with drums recording gear soon. I somewhat trust my ears and...

Lophophora
replies: 5 views: 287
elegentdrum 3 days ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made a...

michal12345
replies: 5 views: 489
goom 3 days ago

Hello people, i hope this is the right section, I have an Auteur stereo mic preamp for about 2 years now and all of a sudden...

amoretam
replies: 8 views: 2,352
raddistribution 3 days ago

Hi, i dont like to record on computer so i bought a tascam DP24 unit. In my opinion it is a very great unit and it suit my needs...

Bigmuff
replies: 7 views: 3,974
ruffrecords 3 days ago

Hey all, I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these for general use, but mainly location recording (choirs etc.) and had a...

MixingWizard
replies: 15 views: 1,477
George Maraudeur 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search