The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 63,352
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hi! I've been thinking of getting myself a Christmas gift and adding a ribbon mic to my locker. I've never used one before and...

maticomp
replies: 18 views: 1,301
VlaVlnPlayer 1 hour ago

Hey sluts, I'm planning an upcoming drum recording session and could use a recommendation or two for a one or two channel...

danielkov86
replies: 8 views: 295
kafka 2 hours ago

Haven't seen a thread about this yet, and to be honest I'm not even sure if this product has shipped yet. From the...

MicahBrown
replies: 7 views: 1,242
mrand 2 hours ago

I'm so confused how they have like a dozen different versions of it. I'd want something that's actually versatile enough for...

slutbox
replies: 41 views: 958
BIG BUDDHA 3 hours ago

Are the pres and converters on both units the same? I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

Captain Stardust
replies: 11 views: 14,671
goom 3 hours ago

I have a hobby recording setup in a bedroom and could use some help with some monitors. Have some nice gear...Focusrite Clarett...

mule34
replies: 11 views: 310
EvilRoy 4 hours ago

I’m thinking about taking a plunge and buying a high quality mic that is versatile to use on vocals, electric guitar amps,...

sspace
replies: 224 views: 9,188
ardis 4 hours ago

I have an MXL V6 Silicon Valve mic that I used for a tiny bit of narration recording. I'd guess that it was powered up and used...

dtleahy
replies: 0 views: 63
dtleahy 5 hours ago

Hey everyone. I have a drummer who bashes the hell out of the snare and its causing the cymbals to seem very low, even after...

Halfstackstudios
replies: 5 views: 122
Polymorphia 5 hours ago

So i'm the market for a good budget pair of monitors for around 200€ each. I basically keep coming back to these two monitors....

mareSLO
replies: 5 views: 203
Matti 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, Going to try an L10, but I'm curious how many of you have been successful with either Midas 500 series...

NeveSSL1
replies: 6 views: 223
subspace 8 hours ago

I'm sorry if this topic seems done to death, but I really can't find threads around here that address my questions. Basically,...

syntonica
replies: 16 views: 389
METALHAWK 9 hours ago

Hey guys! Have any of you used a kick mic on toms (rack, floor, etc. any sizes/dimensions)? I've seen some people use them on...

brian_i
replies: 21 views: 3,715
chris661 15 hours ago

Just wondering how the APS Klasik's sound? How do they translate and are they pleasing to listen to. I'm tired of my Adam A7X...

tonez
replies: 109 views: 15,864
John Caf 16 hours ago

Had another birthday the other day and my kids put their pocket money into buying me a new...

Dezb1
replies: 27 views: 802
wwittman 21 hours ago

I’m trying hard to stay under $500 a unit without sacrificing quality... I’m planning to run DX7 and other drum machines...

ravecity24
replies: 0 views: 103
ravecity24 1 day ago

Was doing a search for reviews on Golden Age compressors and came across this unit on Walmart.com, of all places, for a Comp3A...

TheRealSPH3
replies: 2 views: 213
TheRealSPH3 1 day ago

Hello guys, I just acquired a Roland S-330 sampler (decent condition) via ebay and managed to figure how to sample from vinyl....

solus
replies: 14 views: 1,552
DGL 1 day ago

When you argue with the high end guys often their answer comes down to the Veblen effect or the Hawthorne effect. Which effect...

joe sixpak
replies: 4 views: 241
Scragend 1 day ago

Pretty much right as the title says but ill go into more detail. I have an artist I'm working with. I was warned her voice is...

ThorntonStrolia
replies: 40 views: 838
locnus 1 day ago

ART TransX Microphone Preamp | Sweetwater Dual mic-pre with Jensen input transfo (but nameless output transfo), variable...

Deleted User
replies: 100 views: 12,739
lightfire 1 day ago

I see where there are several older threads on this, but given the advent of some newer suppliers, I'm soliciting opinions on a...

packermans4
replies: 5 views: 232
chessparov2.0 1 day ago

This is a post for total beginners who are where I was a couple years ago, totally new to plugins and not knowing where to...

minervx
replies: 14 views: 442
goom 1 day ago

Please excuse this long-winded rant but I’m always amazed when I read posts slagging off small format Mackie mixers with a few...

shepke
replies: 86 views: 3,251
soulone82 1 day ago

Hello GS; long time lurker first time poster here. The long and short is that my Art Pro VLA II is giving me a monster headache...

Pipe_Dream
replies: 0 views: 145
Pipe_Dream 1 day ago

Was wondering what some of you guys' hacks are for saving money in/on your project/home studio? For example, I use moving...

fastlanestoner
replies: 35 views: 1,366
minervx 1 day ago

This list assumes you have a laptop or desktop with Windows, Max or Linux. Just a list. Nothing on it is end-all be-all...

minervx
replies: 0 views: 138
minervx 1 day ago

Ive had a major issue over the last year, I thought it was my mixing, but turns out my monitors don't translate at all. Sonar...

Garage Rodeo
replies: 7 views: 231
KickDrum 1 day ago

I am having some ground loop (buzzing sound from monitors) so my question is would it be ok to disconnect the ground from pin 1...

drummerdimitri
replies: 10 views: 251
drummerdimitri 2 days ago

Hello everyone, greetings from Istanbul. I'm into music for some time, now I want my first synthesizer. I'll buy second-hand,...

biranduil
replies: 1 views: 155
biranduil 2 days ago

Hey guys, First post on here. Hoping to get a helpful response. I'm a solo song writer/guitar/singer producer and I'm weak when...

nevertrender
replies: 10 views: 626
wrgkmc 2 days ago

So I heard a lot of people recommend to switch out the tube in my Rode NTK (I saw the other big threads). So I bought one...

Billenius
replies: 2 views: 343
nmrecording 2 days ago

So last year I purchased a Lauten Audio LA-320 Tube Condenser Mic. The mic was really great. Blew away all of my condenser mics...

Kaleb Formz
replies: 3 views: 380
Dohreetoh 2 days ago

OI! Low End Theory! Hey guys, just moved, setting up my studio, decided I needed 8 more inputs, bought a Behringer ADA 8200 to...

nowaysj
replies: 270 views: 69,403
noah330 2 days ago

I want to start recording at home, and was wondering where a good place to start is for someone who's a beginner. The sound I'm...

tiptoetulips
replies: 10 views: 429
Scragend 3 days ago

A few months ago I purchased the Saramonic UwMic9 2-Person Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System (514 to 596 MHz)...

marylizh
replies: 0 views: 197
marylizh 3 days ago

I know, I know, I know... people love to hate Behringer... and then it happens, you try one piece of cheap gear as a...

rack gear
replies: 284 views: 57,144
Mastropiero 3 days ago

New version of the GAP 73 preamps. Now also in style with the original. The EQ version seems a bit odd though.

bace
replies: 8 views: 3,066
pivester 3 days ago

Hey, First post here, after reading reviews and forums for some time now i got lost completely between the options (or lack...

skySnail
replies: 6 views: 343
Scragend 3 days ago

Hey all, Hope this is right right forum for this question. Total newb here so please go easy. I've recently purchased a lovely...

elduderino
replies: 5 views: 341
Scragend 3 days ago

Greetings. You see them on eBay all the time now ... Chinese-made "replacement" dynamic microphone elements/capsules...

ShelGef
replies: 2 views: 264
Dohreetoh 3 days ago

Hello, fellow Gearslutz. I'm in-the-box producer using Ableton Live with Push 2. I like pretty much everything about it,...

greedy.mf
replies: 0 views: 212
greedy.mf 3 days ago

I recently bought an old Rode NT1 in very good condition as I had heard that they were designed by Jim Williams. Despite that...

Mikey77
replies: 115 views: 11,333
Mikey77 3 days ago

I sold (via eBay) a basic 8-channel Kelsey mixer (ca 1980). It was working fine when I last tested it a few months ago (two TS...

jcburley
replies: 3 views: 253
OHM GHOST 4 days ago

Hey I'm pretty stuck on a mix - getting close, but lacking some technique to get this mix down. The ref for tone is Outlier by...

phillus
replies: 2 views: 284
phillus 4 days ago

Hi All, new poster here. Thanks in advance for your invaluable knowledge. My present system is comprised of a MOTU 2408 Mk 3...

PlasticGuitars
replies: 37 views: 1,869
JayTee4303 4 days ago

Hello, I bought this thing: Amazon.com: ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp: Musical Instruments So I have the tube mp set up so...

lnealley
replies: 28 views: 14,774
hekho 4 days ago

Hi guys I am looking for a solution for amp miking using my SM57/e906 that does not require a sound card/computer. my budget...

MegaMan9
replies: 16 views: 455
mrufino1 4 days ago

Products – iSK Pro Audio Has anyone here tried those HD-9999 headphones ?

eldon2975
replies: 356 views: 68,403
mrufino1 4 days ago

I have three songs on an SD card. They are Wav. I've now put the card in the unit. Why am I pulling my hair out trying to get...

ChaseASteeple
replies: 4 views: 1,469
rasputingy 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search