The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By ESI
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

One dude said on this forum that the B2 outshines his AT4060 on vocals. I find that hard to believe. I've seen these mics as low...

Krush411
replies: 54 views: 39,665
RoadRanger 39 minutes ago

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have also done a bunch of reading and video watching. Just wondering which set up would be better...

kwk1
replies: 84 views: 1,650
kwk1 53 minutes ago

Whats up tape-heads?! Taking a gamble on an UNTESTED Tascam 424-just bought on eBay for $100 after shipping. It looks like a...

thegibsonkid
replies: 31 views: 1,641
JLast 2 hours ago

I mean, we have the technology. I was looking at simple 4 track cassette recorders on Ebay, god, the prices have gone up. A few...

Jeffguitar
replies: 695 views: 27,785
newguy1 2 hours ago

I ended up doing an experiment today. A shoot out I've been wanting to do for a while. For this experiment I am recording an...

coreyspencer
replies: 9 views: 412
coreyspencer 2 hours ago

Hi there, I found a good deal (much cheaper than the one linked below) on one of these and wondered if they might be a good mic...

part12studios
replies: 11 views: 1,117
kennybro 3 hours ago

So i mainly do rapping and the occasional singing-rapping(think some drake type ish). My voice is very deep i'm not sure where...

migsmackie
replies: 6 views: 191
chessparov2.0 3 hours ago

I've paid to use a studio exactly one time. I went in to try and make a three song demo, and I admit I chose the lowest rate...

Unicornsfyeah
replies: 344 views: 11,261
DRM 4 hours ago

So, through doing some research on my next mic purchase, I came up with an idea that might increase the probability of me making...

DHannah1981
replies: 0 views: 63
DHannah1981 5 hours ago

Now that I've figured out how to route USB returns on the XR18 out of the aux outs, I see no reason to keep this 3rd gen 4i4...

B. Toast
replies: 6 views: 207
Black Shadow 6 hours ago

So, I've recorded a dozen songs with a drummer who can't play to a click. I think I'd like to quantize the drum tracks to a click...

RoadRanger
replies: 23 views: 596
RoadRanger 8 hours ago

I am curious what’s in YOUR mic locker?? Mine: Oktava MK319 (Russian ) CAD E100 (American) ...

bibleboy3
replies: 1,097 views: 222,191
HideoutStudio 9 hours ago

Hi all - Just scooped up a new, juiced up MBP - and need a new interface to pair it with. Both interfaces mentioned above...

I play in a ban
replies: 4 views: 543
I play in a ban 12 hours ago

I know this is a constant shoot out but I can’t seem to find a great answer (before biting the bullet on one of these). The...

JamesB2229
replies: 5 views: 142
JLast 14 hours ago

Hi guys, the topic more or less describes my holy grail in terms of workflow and I wanted to do somewhat of a peer review here....

henwik-1
replies: 0 views: 87
henwik-1 14 hours ago

I recently had the chance to upgrade my interface along with some other stuff. I first bought a Presonus Studio 192 to use with...

sadironmusic
replies: 10 views: 287
Sad Iron Studio 19 hours ago

Hello all So I am in the process of a number of mic projects, some Apex360 changes, some capsule changes etc. What crossed...

mufrgr
replies: 2 views: 140
rmaier 21 hours ago

Can't find anything on the (newer) MXL R80. Is it the same mic/different body trick that MXL likes to play?

Rob Coates
replies: 9 views: 12,541
JLast 21 hours ago

Hi all, So I recently got a pair of LP6's and while they sound great the Center of the stereo image does not sound to me like...

mfny81
replies: 33 views: 541
mattiasnyc 1 day ago

I’ve got a Klark Teknik KT-2A that I just recently started using on vocals. I don’t have much experience with outboard gear...

TheRealGrimm
replies: 8 views: 233
TheRealGrimm 1 day ago

I recently tried a pair of RP5 G4's after using some RP6 G2's for several years. I really liked the sound, noticeably more mid...

WDeranged
replies: 2 views: 142
WDeranged 1 day ago

Hey! I realise this might be a controversial subject (plugins vs. hardware), but let me describe my own experience. I make...

fjolle
replies: 2 views: 206
fjolle 1 day ago

My HOA has tasked me to get better mics for our PA system (which is really just a karaoke machine). For whatever reason, they...

3rd Degree
replies: 2 views: 146
JLast 1 day ago

Hey Guys, This may be a little unusual for this forum, but I'm not sure where else to look. I've been frustrated with PA...

rgb2109
replies: 27 views: 10,457
JLast 1 day ago

Was searching for a pair of nearfields like the JBL 305s, but sadly they had to sit fairly close to the wall and being...

AndreiPiatra
replies: 46 views: 14,710
AndreiPiatra 1 day ago

Hi all, DZR reviews all seem fairly positive with the exception of some reliability issues when pushed hard. I currently...

jr4ah4eva
replies: 0 views: 116
jr4ah4eva 1 day ago

Okay, I'm overwhelmed searching for gear. I'm looking for the best/ most / used / most people are happy with / summing device...

mlukey
replies: 21 views: 672
mrufino1 2 days ago

I came across the Warm Audio WA-Classic today. It seems to be (nearly) identical to the WA-87, but it's $100 cheaper. It's...

OneRoomStudios
replies: 24 views: 2,020
BStone 2 days ago

TLDR: AKG K612 Pro or Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO for mixing Budget is around £110-120 max I'm looking to upgrade from my...

Mixitright
replies: 32 views: 1,720
gosef 2 days ago

Looking at the revive audio mod for the warm audio wa-2a. any one had it done yet? I saw the post on their site and heard some...

mequaz
replies: 148 views: 24,876
LiveMusicNY 2 days ago

So, I am new to the forum and just putting together a home studio. I am mainly looking to do make acoustic/vocal singer...

DHannah1981
replies: 6 views: 233
chessparov2.0 2 days ago

I often hear people describe preamps as "getting noisy" when you turn them up too far, as if the preamp would behave...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 74 views: 4,803
Stewix 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I found this website while trying to figure out what microphone, XLR cable (>4') and audio interface I should buy...

jkxs
replies: 22 views: 420
Mag J 2 days ago

I have a pair of EA D5s. In the past few days, one of the tweeters quit. Now I know EA is no longer in business. If I can...

Kelly_Raines
replies: 15 views: 1,922
fuelmusic 2 days ago

Hi Folks, Just a quick Q on these mics in a stereo miking situation, e.g. close-miking an acoustic instrument. Has anyone...

MikaB
replies: 8 views: 355
JonnieK 2 days ago

hello i am looking for a schematic or at least some info about: - how/where to insert a low pass filter - decode scan matrix...

rozzilla
replies: 0 views: 108
rozzilla 2 days ago

Hey I need some help deciding on studio monitors for my bedroom studio, it's approx (L) 3.2m x (W) 3m in size. I am also...

fkupthesystem
replies: 5 views: 235
fkupthesystem 2 days ago

Hey, I happened to be recording acoustic guitar the other day with my new favourite mic for acoustic guitar, Aston Spirit and...

SubMixx
replies: 22 views: 18,659
pkward88 2 days ago

Hi all, let's say I want go out of the box mixing. Regardless brands, what are the downsides of chaining 2 analog mixers rather...

SergioITASCO
replies: 38 views: 470
Bushman 2 days ago

Looking at some really really low-end mics (for the sake of argument, say $75 or less; we all know about the SM58 etc), wondering...

bill5
replies: 9 views: 328
elegentdrum 3 days ago

Hi, I had this problem with my pro vla ii even after change tubs :facepalm: any solution ? Here:...

alazba
replies: 12 views: 285
Rick Dalton 3 days ago

Yep, just as the title says, I’m trying to decide between a Behringer UMC404HD ($99) and a Strindberg UR44 ($299). Very...

suburbanbeat
replies: 24 views: 12,795
Scragend 3 days ago

It was my first preamp. I had a pci audio card that i connected it to by m-audio as well. it supposedly has 75dB og gain which is...

nt2a
replies: 59 views: 16,429
SamGreen082 3 days ago

Hi, I'd like a microphone I can use to record vocals and acoustic guitar with at the drop of a hat. So basically, it should be...

iamanapple
replies: 52 views: 2,703
vasylek 3 days ago

Has anyone gotten delivery of an MTK yet. What's the latest word on a ship date. Where are all the threads on this subject? Are...

delco7
replies: 1,108 views: 263,320
BlackMetalCat 3 days ago

Hey slutz, I'm trying to get some really amazing sounding studio monitors for a mixing and mastering room I am building. I've...

NickLeoAudio
replies: 7 views: 379
elegentdrum 3 days ago

I use a Zoom F4 field recorder as my interface, and it's a great unit. This was like a $400 piece of kit. But I'm wondering...

szegedin
replies: 27 views: 1,428
VOodude 4 days ago

So here's the deal: I'm building a small auxiliary rig for quick mixes, recording on the go, to use as a sketch pad for...

Mag J
replies: 2 views: 727
rockmanrock 4 days ago

Hi I’m looking for techniques/tips on making something sound distant like it’s coming from within your head; but at the...

phillus
replies: 0 views: 166
phillus 4 days ago

I recently bought a new speakers, B&W CM5, that are about 7 times more expensive than my Yamaha HS8's (considering that the...

Niber
replies: 21 views: 854
Xander 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search