The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Low End Theory

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,227
Views: 2,227
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi friends.... Heads up re the "newbie" sub forum, aimed at anyone just starting out. ...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 58,036
Blast9 1st February 2011

Hey guys! I have recently become obsessed with capsule mods and the RK47 specifically. So! This coming payday, I am purchasing...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 1 views: 301
Moon Unit Sound 3 minutes ago

...there are a few higher-end LDC mics that offer multiple voicings, but I've never seen one this affordable...anybody have any...

kidvybes
replies: 5,455 views: 534,054
bowzin 8 minutes ago

Hi! I will be moving internationally and packing light. The idea of bringing my Yamaha HS5's seem daunting. Are there small,...

oivivio
replies: 0 views: 1
oivivio 22 minutes ago

Hey guys! I'm new here and didn't realise I was missing out on connecting with such a large community of enthusiasts like...

shauryamanga
replies: 1 views: 239
VenVile 1 hour ago

Greetings! I've been a longtime forum dweller here but have never even registered an account because, well, pretty much every...

RGBeatman
replies: 17 views: 404
matucha 2 hours ago

I am a solo artist who records classicy "rock" songs one track at a time and I'm looking for a versatile, workhorse...

klauskilla
replies: 12 views: 582
klauskilla 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm working on upgrading my studio. Right now I'm torn between getting the MPC Live and the Maschine MK3/Jam. I know...

Nate_JG
replies: 3 views: 1,653
zahush76 3 hours ago

Hello, I'm knew on this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the right subsection. I'm thinking of getting a new microphone, but as...

Mawi
replies: 7 views: 373
foldback 3 hours ago

I'm not a drummer, but want to start playing a little bit, and want to buy an inexpensive kit to learn on, but that is ok to...

xmission
replies: 10 views: 312
xmission 4 hours ago

Hi, I am looking for makes and models of hardware limiters of the LOWEST quality; do you have any suggestions? Let me...

Uncle Freddie
replies: 31 views: 791
zvukofor 8 hours ago

PS by "inexpensive" I don't mean (for ex) "under $500." shiee I mean truly inexpensive...no exact number in...

bill5
replies: 145 views: 10,996
Earwormer 11 hours ago

Hi, I am probably going to have to equip a jamming studio with drums recording gear soon. I somewhat trust my ears and...

Lophophora
replies: 5 views: 203
elegentdrum 11 hours ago

Which headphones are the best for both recording vocals and mixing music (mostly rap and electronic music) under 100$? I made a...

michal12345
replies: 5 views: 371
goom 15 hours ago

Anyone use some cheapies you were happy with?

bill5
replies: 77 views: 2,576
bill5 17 hours ago

Hello people, i hope this is the right section, I have an Auteur stereo mic preamp for about 2 years now and all of a sudden...

amoretam
replies: 8 views: 2,322
raddistribution 18 hours ago

Hi, i dont like to record on computer so i bought a tascam DP24 unit. In my opinion it is a very great unit and it suit my needs...

Bigmuff
replies: 7 views: 3,932
ruffrecords 20 hours ago

Just wondering how the APS Klasik's sound? How do they translate and are they pleasing to listen to. I'm tired of my Adam A7X...

tonez
replies: 99 views: 8,348
devian 20 hours ago

Hey all, I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these for general use, but mainly location recording (choirs etc.) and had a...

MixingWizard
replies: 15 views: 1,442
George Maraudeur 22 hours ago

Hello everyone. I know this is probably the most common question on this forum but I was hoping to get some help. I'm looking...

frenchji
replies: 5 views: 334
Shannon Adkins 23 hours ago

Does anyone know of any decent audio interfaces that have balanced line inputs that bypass the preamps? This is mostly for used...

countrylac
replies: 37 views: 2,842
MediaGary 1 day ago

hello... i ordered XLR cable to go from my sound card to my powered monitors and recieved XLR cable labeled as...

chromatronic
replies: 49 views: 102,572
Monotremata 1 day ago

I’m asking what piece of hardware you can recommend on the stereo buss. I was thinking an ssl master buss compressor clone. It...

Earwormer
replies: 18 views: 671
Kronos147 1 day ago

Hello! I just joined. So I'm replacing a shure SM 57 that wouldn't work unexpectly for some reason anymore and when I was about...

Mikesoundguy
replies: 0 views: 184
Mikesoundguy 1 day ago

So, I love the Ramsa WR-8616 console and as a result have been interested in its larger-format relative, the WR-8428, for a long...

sadroyhibbert
replies: 40 views: 2,404
Earwormer 1 day ago

I know it's a common question, but still... I have a pair of sE1a SDCs which I don't mind as overheads but they are kind of...

ampetrosillo
replies: 38 views: 1,094
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

Hi Can everyone show us their gear along with their music so that we can hear the quality you're capable of getting with it....

B i e b e r
replies: 184 views: 9,417
ataylor 1 day ago

So here's the deal, I have a wonderful selection of microphones, from dynamics to condensers, but most had no original hard case...

Derek Damager
replies: 22 views: 2,315
BrentA 1 day ago

Howdy folks, I’ve already got a Klark Teknik EQP-KT that I use for instruments and tracking, but I’ve been toying with the...

hardwarepimp
replies: 5 views: 388
mamm7215 1 day ago

I have plateaued my efforts of matching sound to sound with my favored recordings. I hear many tones by the likes of Joe Meek,...

haunted3
replies: 2 views: 290
JonnieK 2 days ago

Hello everyone. I've been thinking about getting a Roland Space Echo quite a lot but I've learned a little towards the UAD...

Paratriplel
replies: 12 views: 525
Paratriplel 2 days ago

Hi GS, long time lurker first time poster. Figured although there are enough monitor threads in the Low-End theory, I would ask...

cvlol
replies: 45 views: 9,465
hello people 2 days ago

I have a Project Primary turntable with the stock Ortofon OM 5E stylus, and a DJ PRE II preamp. I usually connect this to my...

darklide
replies: 9 views: 390
Nosajjao 2 days ago

Also, what size is your room and how did it work out for you?

goom
replies: 50 views: 1,244
goom 2 days ago

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a cassette recorder. I have recently identified that I like the sounds of my recordings...

Goat Punishment
replies: 4 views: 358
soundebler 2 days ago

I’m on the market for a decent pair of mid range monitors. I’ve got a long shortlist of candidates and I’m looking to hear...

miscend
replies: 2 views: 360
rhizomeman 2 days ago

I want to buy a better pair of headphones so I can mix on the go and have a reference. As a student buying a decent pair of...

Dullyriddim
replies: 17 views: 611
an_expresso 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I've been trying to get my home recording situation back up and running, but I don't have a big budget - I've never...

theo1975
replies: 1 views: 252
goom 2 days ago

Hello! I want to buy a new Audio Interface and after some research online and advice from my local music store I think that I'm...

Relvce
replies: 9 views: 517
Shannon Adkins 2 days ago

What's up fellow slutz? So I have an Apogee Duet 2. Just about to purchase my first Big Boy Microphone next week (Manley Ref...

ZachSingsThings
replies: 2 views: 331
ZachSingsThings 2 days ago

Saw this on FB this AM. Cheaper than the WA76. Klark Teknik pay homage to 1176 compressor | Sound On Sound $600 USD 3 Year...

SeanBlack
replies: 72 views: 13,214
Nairobijones 2 days ago

I've been slowly building up a home studio over the past couple of years. After years of performing with Shure dynamics, I...

miles_b
replies: 81 views: 22,285
willitbend 3 days ago

Need a bit of help as I am looking at these 3 sets of monitors. my room is quite small however I will be treating...

Jayman1988
replies: 11 views: 4,522
LawrieMinson 3 days ago

Hi gearslutz, this is my first post and I hope I'm posting this in the right page. I figured I'd make an account here since...

bluefire98
replies: 3 views: 251
JAT 3 days ago

Hi guys, I've recently found again the passion to make music, and am building slowly my home studio. I make mainly techno /...

Egocent
replies: 6 views: 402
davidovitch 3 days ago
replies: 348 views: 54,145
YaBoyJDub 3 days ago

Hey guys, complete audio newb here. I have a pair of Rokit 5 monitors (might change eventually as I’m not sure about the...

Jonnyrogs
replies: 4 views: 296
L-Fire 3 days ago

Hello! First post here, great site I have learned a lot lurking about over the years. I've been researching standalone multitrack...

ttgg
replies: 0 views: 231
ttgg 3 days ago

Hi guys, So I've got to the point where I need my first monitors. I do electronic/experimental/IDM/cinematic music and planning...

dainiusrun
replies: 36 views: 1,860
DrStrangeBeat 3 days ago

I've been using my iphone for sometime as a good backup check for recorded music. I use real equator monitors but Sometimes the...

ducksalot
replies: 18 views: 1,146
piiinnng 3 days ago

Huge shout out to Kris.15Khz, Kris at iSK Pro Audio. Ordered 2 Little Gem mics. Sent quickly, had some questions and Kris...

ClaudeGreay
replies: 15 views: 987
bgulian 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search